• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where is my $199 mattress?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 21 Feb, 2009 14:19
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Delivery late for 3 hours, then driver and goods go missing

Lee Wei is frustrated about his experience with a furniture shop, which failed to deliver his mattress and gave him no explanation. He says:

"As a consumer, I believe everyone has had bad experience with goods being delivered late but what I am going to share is the worst experience so far. I hope the customer service of the furniture retailer will improve and adopt the 'Customer is always right' policy.

"On Feb 18, my fiance and I happened to walk into a furniture shop at Rochor Centre as we needed a new mattress.

"The queen-sized mattress came with a $199 tag inclusive of delivery. The boss promised to deliver the mattress by Feb 19, 6.30p.m and if there were any changes to the delivery, they would keep us informed. I made the full payment by NETS.

"On Feb 19, they called and informed us that they were unable to deliver on that day. We politely accept the deferment of delivery to Feb 20, 6.30p.m. The nightmare began on Feb 20.

"The delivery man called us at about 5.30p.m on Feb 20, requesting an earlier time, 6p.m, for the mattress to be sent.

"Thus I immediately drove back to my apartment to wait for the delivery. I waited until about 7p.m, so I called the driver to question his whereabouts. No one picked up.

"I called the shop and was told that the driver was on his way and might be cropped up with other deliveries. I decided to go for dinner nearby.

"After my dinner at 8p.m, my fiance called the delivery man and he told us, 'Traffic jam, I need another hour to reach'.

"This excuse was totally absurd and unacceptable. They requested to deliver the mattress to us earlier and after waiting for two hours, we were asked to wait for another hour. On the very day, we were having a gathering at a friend's house and that explained the rush. My fiance was unhappy and called the shop.

"A lady picked up. We requested for a confirmation of the delivery timing, she replied 'You guys wanted the delivery after office hours. The delivery man asked for an hour more then you guys just wait lor.' She even added, 'This type of cheap mattress, I also don't wish to do your business either.' That was very insulting to us.

"Immediately after we ended our conversation, my fiance called up the delivery man and he promised to deliver the bed within 30 mins and we agreed. He didn't turn up. My fiance called again and her call was intentionally cut off. Subsequently, the second call and third call were made and the handphone was switched off.

"Being frustrated, we decided to head for our gathering. When I reached home about 12.45a.m on Feb 21, there was nothing delivered so we made a call to the delivery man and this time his handphone was finally switched on.

"A lady who we believe is his wife picked up the call and said that he was asleep. After much persuasion, the delivery man finally spoke to us. We questioned the status of our mattress, he replied that he is just an assistant and he follows where the driver goes.

"He added, 'If there's any issue just make a call to the office to settle'. Upon hearing this, my fiance hung up in anger. I have yet to receive my mattress till now. This is definitely not the way to treat any consumer. I sincerely urge any readers out there to beware such retailers who ill treat customers after the deal is done."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

travisball7

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this is an old thread, but I saw it browsing, and found it interesting because I have had very similar experiences. You get what you pay for sometimes. It's a shame that a lot of companies have poor service.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this is an old thread, but I saw it browsing, and found it interesting because I have had very similar experiences. You get what you pay for sometimes. It's a shame that a lot of companies have poor service.

Buy from reputable institutions like Courts lah. If your mattress disappear, you can go there and bang table bang chair for replacement and also some compensation. Dealing with this type of Ah beng shop only give you more headache as they can disappear overnight.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something was not right with the guy who comprained la

if he add some Ling behind his name thing may turn out differently

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I thought a mattress for marriage couple cost at least $1000, even for a queen size one.