• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where have all the Singaporeans gone?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you enjoy the earthquakes and forest fires?

do you get high listening to bada bing bada boom?

brings back my NS memories...lol...

Never had the eathquake experience.

From route 1A you get to look at the Pacific Ocean while driving down to SF. Plenty of parks where you can see the Redwood Forests. Pretty places like Monterey & San Francisco. Lots of interesting malls, Univeral Studios, Disney Land,...

All very accessible on their toll-free highways.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a safe and stable place to live. Many people who condemn Singapore here never lived in another city at all

Please go if you wanna quit.

ArtBoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me... too old to go anywhere... but I am asking my son to go study overseas... if I can find the money :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many PRCs are seeking citizenship here.

Where I work theres plenty of angmos & listening to them discussing if they should take up PR status, reminds me of how "cheap" the PAP has made being a Spore citizen.

PRC are not dumb lah. If new citizenship is offered so easily they'll of course take it. They can just as easily go back to China or move on to USA, Canada,..

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRCs find that taking up citizenship here is conducive as compared to their homeland as it is relatively safe and stable here. They can also give birth to 2 or more children here.

They will not go to US, Canada etc because of their unfamiliarity of Western culture !!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PRCs find that taking up citizenship here is conducive as compared to their homeland as it is relatively safe and stable here. They can also give birth to 2 or more children here.

They will not go to US, Canada etc because of their unfamiliarity of Western culture !!

Is there a record spoil somewhere, why keep repeating the same nonsense?:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Theres more $$$ & better quality of life in the 1st world nation. The only thing stopping them from going there is the language, education, job experience.

Just curious, how many PRCs do you know? :rolleyes:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. I agree with you. Language is an important factor.

The PRC citizens do feel comfortable communicating with Singaporeans rather than the AngMos even though there may be more opportunities there.

Their children can have some retention of roots as they can study Chinese here.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually like Carmel, bumped into Clint Eastwood when he was its mayor years ago, and you know what I told him: "Play misty for me" and he smiled with that sergio leone spaghetti western 'man no name' come dirty harry look:rolleyes::biggrin::p Made my day:smile:

Never had the eathquake experience.

From route 1A you get to look at the Pacific Ocean while driving down to SF. Plenty of parks where you can see the Redwood Forests. Pretty places like Monterey & San Francisco. Lots of interesting malls, Univeral Studios, Disney Land,...

All very accessible on their toll-free highways.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I actually like Carmel, bumped into Clint Eastwood when he was its mayor years ago, and you know what I told him: "Play misty for me" and he smiled with that sergio leone spaghetti western 'man no name' come dirty harry look:rolleyes::biggrin::p Made my day:smile:

In Carmel did you visit his restaurant Hogs Breath?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a safe and stable place to live. Many people who condemn Singapore here never lived in another city at all

i agree, likewise, many people who condemn other cities have never lived in those cities before and they are as "safe" as Singapore. it's a matter of perception you see...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: