• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where does local brand TWG tea originate from ?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you go Jiu hu, can buy Ahmad tea, Earls grey, English breakfast for a fraction of the price. I think RM4 ++ for 24 tea bags at 99 speed mart. Good value.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they lim kopi, consider buying Bacha coffee.

I suspect behind got deep pocket Chink Boss as major shareholders. Atas coffee or food chain need at least 20 million capitals for a start. CECA don't have this type of capital and they will steal your lunch. Chink Boss is good for Singapore economies, bring good jobs.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect behind got deep pocket Chink Boss as major shareholders. Atas coffee or food chain need at least 20 million capitals for a start. CECA don't have this type of capital and they will steal your lunch. Chink Boss is good for Singapore economies, bring good jobs.

Probably no Tiongs involved. Tiongs are only capable of low class stuff e.g. Luckin Coffee or Cotti Coffee.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/how-twg-and-bacha-became-luxury-brands

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The packing very high class, but Singapore no tea plantation leh.

So what where does TWG tea originate from that the Company is able to charge a premium ?

TWG tea originated from the British East India Company. Look at their deco and packaging. Today, the Company is managed by a descendant of a Maharaja under the Company's protection 200 years ago.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I also don't dare to bring meat products overseas these days. Most countries that you can think of, either ban them or require declaration at customs.

If you have TWG or Bacha budget, I recommend you buy the Hock Hua F1-140g Aust Abalone. Very hard to give Thai people gifts because they got good shark fins, birds' nest, tea, etc.

F1 means single (big-sized)
FF1 is single + one half = individually smaller
Therefore 140g is big for single.

One CAN is less than $50, if you buy 6 or 12 (i forgot), got a little more discount.

For you own makan, they also sell B-grade, same good taste and quality but the abalone is born a little uglier (naturally), F&B towkays like @JohnTan use this type for business.

For gifts, usually give Lim Chee Guan bak kwa or Birds' Nest. Occasionally, some ginseng from Changbaishan.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I want Singapore brand, leh.
SG produces very little foodstuff, in fact we import a lot of our food. Sg is an atas and howlian country, mainly produces high value-add stuff like silicon wafers, electronics, pharmaceuticals.

Since it's legal to use marijuana in Thailand now, perhaps you can order paraphernalia and have them delivered to their address. Or you can purchase the best quality weed for them when you are there.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG produces very little foodstuff, in fact we import a lot of our food. Sg is an atas and howlian country, mainly produces high value-add stuff like silicon wafers, electronics, pharmaceuticals.

Since it's legal to use marijuana in Thailand now, perhaps you can order paraphernalia and have them delivered to their address. Or you can purchase the best quality weed for them when you are there.
The Ah Pek and Ah Ma traditional school teachers lah, no marijuana for them.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
For gifts, usually give Lim Chee Guan bak kwa or Birds' Nest. Occasionally, some ginseng from Changbaishan.
I do not understand the big deal with bak kwa. They're sugar laden, high fat, oil soaked pieces of processed meat.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The Ah Pek and Ah Ma traditional school teachers lah, no marijuana for them.
Eh you never know.:biggrin: One other way is to buy them high quality, sort after made in thailand foodstuff when you land, Airport prices might be higher than outside, but they'll know their own branded good stuff when they see it.