• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where do you tailor your shirts these days ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have Singapore tailors become more expensive ?

I used to patronize a shop at Far East Shopping Centre, used to be 5 shirts for $100, and they would even throw in a free tie. Then I moved to another shop at Peninsula Shopping Centre. I remember it cost me $55 per shirt. The cutting was much better than the one at FESC, but not 100% cotton.

Where do you tailor your shirts ?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
remind me of a old man tailor at ayer rajah market,now the whole vicinity has been closed and they have shifted. the old man was a rather skilful tailor, i used to go to him when i was working in corporate. i still remember he has those certified tailor cert hanged on his wall. anyway,i think the popular ones are in peninsula now.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
remind me of a old man tailor at ayer rajah market,now the whole vicinity has been closed and they have shifted. the old man was a rather skilful tailor, i used to go to him when i was working in corporate. i still remember he has those certified tailor cert hanged on his wall. anyway,i think the popular ones are in peninsula now.

How much did he charge per shirt ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you happen to travel, Cable Car Tailors, San Francisco, corner at Union Square. Two American-Iranian old men. Expensive but good. They don't offer package discounts or free gifts. It's piece by piece and price by price. In Bangkok Sukhumvit, mostly Indian tailors. Cheap and good. Ask for discount packages and free gifts when ordering more than one piece. Phuket has some that looks good too, but I've never tried before.

If you're very rich like Clinton666 and trying to dress like James Bond, try Savile Row or Jermyn Street in London

In Singapore, Island Clothiers, old World Trade Centre, cheap and good, Chinese old lady. After conversion to Vivocity, I don't know where it's at now or if she had retired. Wisma Atria Fashion Tailors, ran by my friend Alan, especially good with pants. I've been off tailored shirts and pants for some years. Got used to just buy off the shelves of department stores. I'm so handsome anyway that whatever I wear, I'm still that handsome. :wink: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't just promote the shops, tell us the price too.

Like I've said, I've been off tailoring for sometime. My old prices are surely not valid now. I'm only commenting on what I know relative to value for money at that time. If you want to be tailored, you have to go see the tailor, not just based on face value price only. I can't really remember the old prices anyway, sorry.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have stuck to one tailor since my secondary school days (last time yaya school uniform also tailor).
Danielman in far east shopping center.
Another one I tried is CYC, very good they keep your measurements so you can even order online. Pick and created your own like a pizza.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
My last tailored shirt in years was from Amarin Plaza in Bangkok actually it was not tailored for me but the bayi hung it in his shop when my GF went there to make her dress she bought for me

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think going to marks&spencer or robinsons is good enough, if you looking for office attire. some more alteration is free.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who made their shirts in Singapore, how much did you pay per shirt ?

And for those who had it done in Bangkok, likewise, how much did you pay per shirt ?

The prices in Bangkok seem to have gone up. At Amarin Plaza, it's almost impossible to find anything below 1,000 baht. MBK used to charge 700 baht per shirt.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I used to patronize a shop at Far East Shopping Centre, used to be 5 shirts for $100, and they would even throw in a free tie. Then I moved to another shop at Peninsula Shopping Centre. I remember it cost me $55 per shirt. The cutting was much better than the one at FESC, but not 100% cotton.

lianbeng knows that there are cheaper tailors in toa payoh, amk, bk timah, sembawang, yishun, etc...:biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good enough for you driving Taxi lah, fucking Krafty aka hotbot. Corporates go for tailored shirts nowadays :biggrin:

i think going to marks&spencer or robinsons is good enough, if you looking for office attire. some more alteration is free.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don;t want to look too much like some squeaky faggart Korean sissy walking in Raffles places these days.

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
My last tailored shirt in years was from Amarin Plaza in Bangkok actually it was not tailored for me but the bayi hung it in his shop when my GF went there to make her dress she bought for me

Yah loh, I suppose Ramseth wear it since it is not tailored for you.

Any way, Cable Car Tailors is good.

Cable Car Tailors
200 Ofarrell St
San Francisco,
CA 94102-2119

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have not been to the tailor's for ages, used to be Justman, Tanglin Shopping; then this Mister guy at Peninisula shopping, lost him for years & rediscovered fim at Far East Plaze, made a couple of shirts from him ( name is Richard). The shop is closed, the last tailor I went to, was CYC at Raffles hotel, shirst with monogram etc...and that was, some years back.

I don't need business shirt anymore...have not been to tailors for ages..

Last edited:

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only guessing that people who tailor are the people who have the extra cash to be fussy and thus willing to spend money to tailor a shirt.

The department stores in Singapore all carry decent shirts like Van Heusen, Pierre Cardin, YSL, Tommy Hilfiger, are these shirts not good enough?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only guessing that people who tailor are the people who have the extra cash to be fussy and thus willing to spend money to tailor a shirt.

The department stores in Singapore all carry decent shirts like Van Heusen, Pierre Cardin, YSL, Tommy Hilfiger, are these shirts not good enough?

Which is why it's important to compare the prices. So far I'm the only one providing prices. The rest don't want to tell us how much they paid.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No, Used to be a fan of Manhattan Shirts & Van Huesen, for the price I pay for their quality shirts, sometimes, the shirt sleeves shot & tight, cuff tight, neck tight, can't put on a tie..etc..despite I know my shirt size...either that too loose...hmm!! to look presentable..to look smart, no choice but to tailor make...nowadays I swear by Giordano Coloured Polo Shirts..

:biggrin: