• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When you reach 60th are you celebrating your Great HAPPY BIRTHDAY?

Alfrescian
Loyal
A 60th birthday is a wonderful occasion. You have crossed several milestones and completed 1 life cycle, but life just keeps looking for more challenges. Enjoy the bliss of sixty; enjoy the fruits of your labour. Surround yourself with your children and grandchildren, and tell them tales of the yesteryears. Relive the magical moments of life even while you look forward to new experiences. It's great to be sixty and celebration!

But when I met one of my friend yesterday who've turn 60th last month was sadden because his Boss has deducted his salary by 10% but doing the same job :( Thanks to the recommendation of the MOM. Everyone here who turn 60th will have a "Great Present" from your Boss telling you are useless :o What so great to be sixty and what so wonderful and happy occasion is this :confused:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But when I met one of my friend yesterday who've turn 60th last month was sadden because his Boss has deducted his salary by 10% but doing the same job :( Thanks to the recommendation of the MOM. Everyone here who turn 60th will have a "Great Present" from your Boss telling you are useless :o What so great to be sixty and what so wonderful and happy occasion is this :confused:

With proper financial planning, nobody should be working at 60 in the first place so the issue of salary reduction is irrelevant.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dare not celebrate.... later I alert someone to catch me. 3715987_orig.jpg

Alfrescian
Loyal
With proper financial planning, nobody should be working at 60 in the first place so the issue of salary reduction is irrelevant.

Boss Sam, if I am a Senior Civil Servant or equivalent positions, this reduction is truly irrelevant. I would have retired and living a comfortable but not luxury life but how many people can afford to do that :smile:

I am now thinking why the reduction must be made at the age of 60th that coincide with this happy occasion, why not reduce at age 61 or 62? :biggrin:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wanted to celebrate at 60 but my wife said better wait till 72

.... got 3 more years to go

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A 60th birthday is a wonderful occasion. You have crossed several milestones and completed 1 life cycle, but life just keeps looking for more challenges. Enjoy the bliss of sixty; enjoy the fruits of your labour. Surround yourself with your children and grandchildren, and tell them tales of the yesteryears. Relive the magical moments of life even while you look forward to new experiences. It's great to be sixty and celebration!

Your friend works are 60?what kind of life is that? Who is he in debt to in his previous life?

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should tell that to the Singapore govt Ministers and civil servants, including the President.

krangko

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good to be still working after turning 60 BUT not for bread and butter....work just to keep in touch people, current affairs, keep mind functioning.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your friend works are 60?what kind of life is that? Who is he in debt to in his previous life?

Life goes on Brother, at 60 still have enough energy to work. Once stop working life become meaningless :smile:

It is good to be still working after turning 60 BUT not for bread and butter....work just to keep in touch people, current affairs, keep mind functioning.

I am fully agree with you brother.....can do some less stressful work if financially permit :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For me I no need to wait until 60 to be celebrating any great happy birthday. For me the fact that I'm living outside that high pressure and artificially expensive environment and being the master of my own destiny managing all my own finances however small it may be I feel happy everyday already no need to wait till 60. Have more eat more have less eat less, I owe no one and no one own me telling me how to spend my own money I feel liberated and happy beyond words.

Will i stop working at 60? I will not even want to stop till drop because I am happy doing what I like and I'm my own master.

razzy

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is a crime to grow old in Singapore. It is punishable by wage cuts, discrimination at workplace and humiliation.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wrong reply from you.

Your usual reply should have been : " Your frd should thank the heavens that his employer would even want to retain him even with a 10% reduction of his salary" unquote. LoL

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never think of living till 60. Maybe another few more years is good enough. 60 too old liaoz. Take photo not handsome. I am happy with my life. Live too long, trouble other people.