• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When You Are Facing A Wild Lion

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
natives in a tribal village wear rings around their necks to survive a feline attack. if a sizable cat like a leopard could not choke the victim to death within a minute, and the prey were to fight loose and claw or hit back, the cat would move on, thinking for a while before the next attack....... "wtf?!" :p

Wah lao. Like burglar proof car windows and locks. Cannot break in 10 minutes, move on lor. But if the burglar have lot of time and no one else is around...... Just like in the Lion case.............

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am glad some of you appreciate it. Thanks for the support of this thread bro.

One of the things a safari guide ever told me is that the african bush is safer than crossing the roads in a city, if we follow a few rules.

1. When encountering a lion, look around to see where the rest of the pride are. Never come between a lioness and her cubs, esp.

2. Make ourselves look bigger and show the lions that we have forward-looking eyes too and even roar at the lions. (Well, I thought the guide was kidding)

3. Lions do mock charges if they are not confident of attacking. So, there may be enough time to get back to the safety of the jeep.

This guide was speaking from experience. He left the jeep to do a bit of tracking and came across the lions. The Jap tourists he guided were in the jeep and they saw what happened from a distance, and watched first hand how he got himself out of the danger.

One Jap tourist was so pissed that he left his camera lens on that he asked the guide to show how he did it again. WTF, it ws not a circus, he got himself into danger, and followed the jungle rules to get himself out of trouble. No repeats!

it's very informational because i occasionally encounter mountain lions in my area. in sg, i encounter cougars.

Different rules for different situations. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the things a safari guide ever told me is that the african bush is safer than crossing the roads in a city, if we follow a few rules.

1. When encountering a lion, look around to see where the rest of the pride are. Never come between a lioness and her cubs, esp.

2. Make ourselves look bigger and show the lions that we have forward-looking eyes too and even roar at the lions. (Well, I thought the guide was kidding)

3. Lions do mock charges if they are not confident of attacking. So, there may be enough time to get back to the safety of the jeep.

This guide was speaking from experience. He left the jeep to do a but of tracking and came across the lions. The Jap tourists he guided were in the jeep and they learnt first hand how he got himself out of the danger.

One Jap tourist was so pissed that he left his camera lens on that he asked the guide to show how he did it again. WTF, it ws not a circus, he got himself into danger, and followed the jungle rules to get himself out of trouble.
Japs are the biggest alien clowns on Earth. Guide show ask the guy to go out and try it as guide will claim to be professional cameraman.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lao. Like burglar proof car windows and locks. Cannot break in 10 minutes, move on lor. But if the burglar have lot of time and no one else is around...... Just like in the Lion case.............

a determined and hungry lion will not give up that easily. the claws alone can kill and bleed the prey to death. must grab a large stick or branch to defend on instinct. at least poke the eye if you're pinned.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a determined and hungry lion will not give up that easily. the claws alone can kill and bleed the prey to death. must grab a large stick or branch to defend on instinct. at least poke the eye if you're pinned.

Will cock slapping the lion work?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This guide was speaking from experience. He left the jeep to do a bit of tracking and came across the lions. The Jap tourists he guided were in the jeep and they saw what happened from a distance, and watched first hand how he got himself out of the danger.

One Jap tourist was so pissed that he left his camera lens on that he asked the guide to show how he did it again. WTF, it ws not a circus, he got himself into danger, and followed the jungle rules to get himself out of trouble.

Such incidents are rare and anyone in this guide's situation can thank his lucky stars for being alive still. What can be seen in an earlier video by another forumer that showed a man deliberately putting himself in harm's way is very foolhardy and imo very stupid. He thinks this depict him as a hero and brave, but in reality it showed him as a idiot of the highest order.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What can be seen in an earlier video by another forumer that showed a man deliberately putting himself in harm's way is very foolhardy and imo very stupid. He thinks this depict him as a hero and brave, but in reality it showed him as a idiot of the highest order.

I am going to watch that video. Is he another Australian? Crocs and sharks love to eat Aussies. :biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6S7ZIrbceZ8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately for you, he is a South African who imo is worse than an Aussie.

I forgot to add earlier that the safari guide who encountered the lions came from Australia. He forgot and left his rifle in the jeep. If the lion has charged in a straight line, no rifle to scare the lion away. His Jap customers will see lion eat OZ sashimi!

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in the urban jungle, pussies can be the most dangerous. what al qaida could not achieve in 2 decades, all it took to bring 2 top generals who were hunting down al qaida was 2 pussies. :p

Men loves pussies and worship at their alter since days of yore. All hail the mighty pussy for without them we would not exist neither do we want to continue living!:biggrin:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ummm....always thought lions cannot climb trees, only leopards and cheetahs can. Like that hor, just hold my breath and pretend i dead liaoz and not 'fresh' and hopefully can siam. This one learn frim saf, kay see (pretend dead). :wink:

Lions do climb trees, just that they cant climb too high due to their heavy weight. So, you might get away if u could climb fast and high.
Pretend dead and u'll defintely be more than dead. The lion will tear u apart for sure. Playing dead only works for grizzly bears.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything in the nature can be used as your weapon. It is all about confidence, really.

Nice video thanks. It's a different scenario and they have weapons just in case. It still does not answer the question of what an unarmed person should do when confronted by a lion.