• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's wrong with Singaporeans?

salim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't believe what I have just read in another forum.
If what he said is true then Singaporeans deserve to be replaced by FTs.
Really know what to say..........

Source: ExpatSingapore

I have worked in Asia for 14 years, 9 of those in Singapore. I have worked for 2 very prestigious companies here and was responsible for recruitment and succession of rapidly expanding operations where if you worked there at the time and had half a brain, the world was your oyster. I spent a lot of my time identifying Asian talent to be groomed for senior roles (Director, Assistant GM, Partner roles in different industries). I can tell you that on many occasions I banged my head against a brick wall because the Singaporeans told me that they were happy were they were and didn't want the added responsibility and stress, often despite being offered 30-40% increases. So you would have no.2's and no.3's in a department telling me they didn't want to work toward a promotion to become no.2, then no.1. For a company looking to expand aggressively this causes a serious bottleneck when you want to home grow your talent and look after your staff from a HR point of view. In the end we brought in many expats to fill these roles and then these clogs in the system moaned about all the foreigners taking their jobs. These Singaporeans were degree and master degree 30+/40+ year old people. The only people I have ever seen take the bull by the horns and show some cajones, determination and ambition are Chinese Malay and some HK'ers.

On another note, not a senior role but I once was asked by the CEO of my old company ( a household name in Singapore and very, very respected here) to hire him a PA. He is the sweetest, caring man and he identified a lady in our office who was a brilliant Executive Secretary. She was single, late 30's and very very good. We offered her double her salary, then triple. She said No, she didn't want the "responsibility".

So a CEO of one of the most prestigious companies here, asks YOU to be his assistant, sets you up CV wise for life and you say "NO!" The dumb woman. She went back to her desk and is still there happily typing away, doing the same hours as the new PA and having none of the $ and prestige. I don't understand.

I think it is truer to say that there are not enough Singaporeans to do the low end jobs and there are not enough Singaporeans who have the drive to get to the top. They are mostly happy to hang out in the middle and not have their boat rocked.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you can't read properly, others can.

So, which are the 2 dumb fuck head hunter companies that would employ suck a jerk that couldn't even express himself properly?

I have worked for 2 very prestigious companies here and was responsible for recruitment and succession of rapidly expanding operations ...

I can tell you that on many occasions I banged my head against a brick wall because the Singaporeans told me that they were happy were they were and didn't want the added responsibility and stress,

The only people I have ever seen take the bull by the horns and show some cajones, determination and ambition are Chinese Malay and some HK'ers.

salim

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you can't read properly, others can.

So, which are the 2 dumb fuck head hunter companies that would employ suck a jerk that couldn't even express himself properly?

well, you should take your own counsel, he clearly meant Chinese Malaysians and Hongkongers

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reports like these are biased.

Anyone with an iota of thinking will know that such sweeping statements about Singaporens are this, Singaporeans are that, are crap. Singaporeans, like Malaysians, Thais. Viets, Laotions are citizens of a country with a wide range of people with all kinds of traits. There will be honest ones, liars, lazy bums, hardworking ones, smart dudes, stupid dodos, criminals, law-abiding do-gooders, athletic types, couch-potatoes. Some are sharpshooters, some are bo-bo kings.

What a cocked up report.

Cheers!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I've had personal experience with Singaporeans not wanting promotions that are linked with more business travel and medium to long term overseas assignments.

I discovered the reason was that it upset their comfortable routine.. picking up wife.. picking kid up from in-laws or parents...dinner with mummy etc.

Many sinkies are content once they have a wife, a car, a pigeon hole and a maid. Anything beyond that and the law of diminishing returns sets in.

It is for this reason that civil service jobs are in such demand.... good pay, comfortable routine, job security, predictable working hours, minimum business travel.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've had personal experience with Singaporeans not wanting promotions that are linked with more business travel and medium to long term overseas assignments.

I discovered the reason was that it upset their comfortable routine.. picking up wife.. picking kid up from in-laws or parents...dinner with mummy etc.

Many sinkies are content once they have a wife, a car, a pigeon hole and a maid. Anything beyond that and the law of diminishing returns sets in.

It is for this reason that civil service jobs are in such demand.... good pay, comfortable routine, job security, predictable working hours, minimum business travel.

Anything wrong if he chooses that kind of lifestyle?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Reports like these are biased.

Anyone with an iota of thinking will know that such sweeping statements about Singaporens are this, Singaporeans are that, are crap. Singaporeans, like Malaysians, Thais. Viets, Laotions are citizens of a country with a wide range of people with all kinds of traits. There will be honest ones, liars, lazy bums, hardworking ones, smart dudes, stupid dodos, criminals, law-abiding do-gooders, athletic types, couch-potatoes. Some are sharpshooters, some are bo-bo kings.

What a cocked up report.

Cheers!

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. such specimen should try hiring pinoys.
3. individuals would lie through their teeth on anything to get the job.
4. fake qualifications too.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree with Glaringly on this. This guy can't express himself and after 9 years he still does Not know that Chinese Malaysians is the proper term. This is an example of a sub-standard expat you get. Personal and Executive Assistants after a few years know exactly what the job means working for a CEO. You become a slave. You do silly things from buying flowers for the wife to a whole range of personal services. CEO roles are also demanding and the overtime is a killer. Companies do not allow these things for those looking after lower grades. Its not all about money. It about pride. PAs also cling on to good bosses as it is difficult to click.

well, you should take your own counsel, he clearly meant Chinese Malaysians and Hongkongers

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the same in better developed countries. You see people wanting to do shorter hours, take smaller pay because they have a life outside. People who migrate are good examples of those who are looking for a better balance. Do agree on the travel part.
I've had personal experience with Singaporeans not wanting promotions that are linked with more business travel and medium to long term overseas assignments.I discovered the reason was that it upset their comfortable routine.. picking up wife.. picking kid up from in-laws or parents...dinner with mummy etc.Many sinkies are content once they have a wife, a car, a pigeon hole and a maid. Anything beyond that and the law of diminishing returns sets in.It is for this reason that civil service jobs are in such demand.... good pay, comfortable routine, job security, predictable working hours, minimum business travel.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprising if it is an expat. Most expats cant write for nuts. My son can write much much betterer.

So many grammar and spelling errors..how he got to become headhunter for angmoh CEOs huh? I think car salesmen and insurance agents can speak betterer.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. Money is not everything. Quality of life, work-life balance etc. is key. 30-50% increases in pay is nothing when in return you have got to exchange 2-3 times of yr life and energy level to keep up.

I might rethink if he offered 3 to 5 times my pay for the same hrs. What a dolt.

It's the same in better developed countries. You see people wanting to do shorter hours, take smaller pay because they have a life outside. People who migrate are good examples of those who are looking for a better balance. Do agree on the travel part.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the higher you go, the less work and stress you get. You simply transfer the work load and stress on to your underlings.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bullshit, obviously a ploy by the foreign trash to promote his own kind. And stupid Singaporeans like you believe his every word.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the higher you go, the less work and stress you get. You simply transfer the work load and stress on to your underlings.

Generally, the higher up (the corporate ladder), there is less on hands on work but more networking, planning, AND responsibility. Stress depends on how one takes things, and also non-work issues, at any level.

Cheers!

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most Sinkies deserve to be bullied by these foreign trash because they have low self-esteem and lack confidence. There are plenty of Sinkies who think that foreigners are always superior to them and without their *esteemed* presence, this cuntry will fall to pieces. These Sinkies are not lowly-educated and many of them are degree holders. It is time our universities produce relevant modules like Your Self-Esteem and You, Stop Feeling You are a Loser, and other confidence courses instead of shit like Thinking Out of the Box and Creativity 101. Ramseth can be the course chair, and Krafty can be his assistant.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... It is time our universities produce relevant modules like Your Self-Esteem and You, Stop Feeling You are a Loser, and other confidence courses instead of shit like Thinking Out of the Box and Creativity 101. Ramseth can be the course chair, and Krafty can be his assistant.
iz time ah loon n his jin gang f**k orf from their posns ... dey r ze burgers who glorify ft's n despise n insult local peasants ... ze root cos of ze prob muz b solved! ... :mad:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have done some recruitment myself, putting up on-line hiring ads. One such exercise involved only fresh graduates about 6 months after they have graduated from a local U. One interesting thing to note was that the foreign ones generally had better grades (up to 2nd class upper) while local ones had grades as low as 3rd class. This implied that despite their better grades, these were the leftovers as the foreign candidates were evidently not preferred by most employers even though they had studied in Singapore for a very long time and spoke with a local accent. The next interesting observation was that the foreign candidates were more gungho on their ability to perform according to the job expectation but local candidates were more reserved about their ability to meet the job expectation. This is not to say that foreign candidates were better but they definitely had a better self image. This could be due to an upbringing in a more competitive society. This ties in well with the report that started this thread.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anything wrong if he chooses that kind of lifestyle?

Nothing wrong whatsoever as long as he doesn't then complain about being passed over for promotion or excluded from the line up when a new project involving irregular hours comes up.

The problem with many Singaporeans is that they want to have their cake and eat it too. It's for this reason that foreigners managed to gain a foothold in many multinationals. They were far more willing to do the hard yard when it came to long hours and overseas assignments to less than desirable locations.

I say this based on first hand experience when I was running a department in a big American MNC.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bullshit, obviously a ploy by the foreign trash to promote his own kind. And stupid Singaporeans like you believe his every word.

Exactly..It sounds more like a plot. I dont know any SInkie who would refuse a pay rise that comes with x2 or x3 of his current pay..The only reason i believe they would not want to be promoted is, if it comes with overseas posting or taking up the post means carrying the whole world on your shoulder, so people just dont want that extra shit load of baggage, But i know many would.

Last edited: