• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's there to do in Kansas?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
you may not fully understand the need for assualt weapons for these republicans, if you haven't understood how US became independent from the British and what US has undergone throughout history.

they just want to have an extra protection against corrupt or authoritative regime from taking over the country, because freedom to them is very important. of course we have to watch out for wackos mowing innocent victims down...but that should not stop people from owing rifles...

besides, in remote some places, the nearest law enforcement agency maybe hours away. having the possibility to own guns gives them a peace of mind, in addition to having a choice to excercise their freedom.

just imagine, if the war comes to SGP, do you really have time to draw your rifles?

I would expect the barracks to be targeted first frankly. With satellites, even barracks aren't exactly secret locations anymore.

But lets be frank: in the new age we live in, there's more risk of a terrorist bombing or a natural disaster happening to you on your own backyard than a nuclear war. State to state wars, such as in World War II is now more rare simply because of the stakes involved. I mean, now even I heard this morning that President Bush rejected Olmert's request for Israel to bomb Iranian nuke facilities.

You wouldn't have believe that President Bush refused, but I think he now even knows that the US cannot afford a war with Iran, because its too costly in many areas to start one. So Americans have to realise this.

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from a 2 day interview. Place is quite ulu...Flew into Kansas City, Missouri (ironically Kansas City is not in Kansas), and drove 3 hrs to the town where the processing facility is at.

Very promising company and technology, but location is very bad (but really can't be helped...they are growing rice in corn country to prevent contamination.). Did a 5 hr interview with 5 key execs, think they liked me...might up pay even more, as I told them I have another offer as project manager in Canada, hohoho. Or maybe not...

Cheers,
Trout

ak168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from a 2 day interview. Place is quite ulu...Flew into Kansas City, Missouri (ironically Kansas City is not in Kansas), and drove 3 hrs to the town where the processing facility is at.

Very promising company and technology, but location is very bad (but really can't be helped...they are growing rice in corn country to prevent contamination.). Did a 5 hr interview with 5 key execs, think they liked me...might up pay even more, as I told them I have another offer as project manager in Canada, hohoho. Or maybe not...

Cheers,
Trout

Kansas is indeed boring, i did my uni there.....but actually there is a place to pub in Lawrence...1 hr away from Ottawa..quite happening and cool in the evening......... thought to share ...after stumbling on this thread