• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whats going on with Spore's World Class Inland Revenu Authority?

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which constituency is MBT running in:confused:

I hope they kick him out because if you look at the PAP, I doubt that LKY & LHL aren't bright enough to come up with all these "property enhancement" schemes.:rolleyes:

Tampenis. either u vote him or gohmengseng. tough choice indeed.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've already paid my property tax and today I got another letter from them revising the amount upwards:eek: i.e. I now have a few weeks to cough up more $$ for property tax:(

This is a revision of the assessment they billed me just a few months ago. How can they make a mistake or suka, suka revise the amount upwards:confused:

Is this revision because they have to find the $$$ to pay for TV license refund & the so called "Grow & Share" :confused:

This is a revision of the assessment they billed me just a few months ago. How can they make a mistake or suka, suka revise the amount upwards:confused:

I am sure they have given you a reason for the revision. Looks like you have to call them to find out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure they have given you a reason for the revision. Looks like you have to call them to find out.

I wouldn't be complaining if they had provided me with a clear reason.

Yes they have included some figures & the tax rate used but why did they send me the original tax bill a few months ago, only to send me another revised bill:confused:

Paying property tax is an annual affair and I would think that the authorities have a year to figure out what to charge people. They shouldn't have sent any bills out until they knew what they are going to charge.

It seems to me that they are sending out a tentative bills until they can figure out what to charge? Could it be because they had to make adjustments for the lost revenue when they abolished the TV licence & the growth package:confused:

Just before I received the "revison" I received a letter inviting me to join GIRO:eek: A coincidence? Once you sign up, they have access to your $$$ :(

Is this the final revision? I now worry about receiving other "revisions":eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tampenis. either u vote him or gohmengseng. tough choice indeed.

If I lived in Tampennis the choice would be very, very, ..., very easy.
I would deifinitly, without any reservation vote out MBT.

MBT has a track record of causing much misery to Sporeans:mad:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I already paid my property tax a few months ago.

I wonder how many other people received a revised bill:confused:

Maybe it's a coincidence but the revised bill is slightly higher than the refund I received for the TV license:eek: People were expecting the PAP to make up for the lost revenue from the abolishment of the "TV license".

In my case they even charged me extra:mad:

I received the letter today too and yes the upward adjustment is more than the TV licence refund. My vote is cast in stone. :mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I received the letter today too and yes the upward adjustment is more than the TV licence refund. My vote is cast in stone. :mad:

I suspect more "revisions" are in the mail and on the way to many unsuspecting property owners. Probably many will get their notice before election day.

For those property owners who have already receive your growth share better not spend it yet. You will probably have to give back to the PAP with interest. :mad:

Shows that someone in the PAP blundered or they simply don't care. Now there will be more angry Sporeans ready to not vote PAP.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I lived in Tampennis the choice would be very, very, ..., very easy.
I would deifinitly, without any reservation vote out MBT.

MBT has a track record of causing much misery to Sporeans:mad:

Tampines is a matured estate with limited nos of new flats available. Owners will only want prices to head north. Other new estate prices like those of Sengkang and Pungol can come down to meet the needs of new couples. Vote for opposite in those ward if they want. Prices will definately goes down. And remains down. :biggrin:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tampines is a matured estate with limited nos of new flats available. Owners will only want prices to head north. Other new estate prices like those of Sengkang and Pungol can come down to meet the needs of new couples. Vote for opposite in those ward if they want.

What happens to mature estates when the PAP decides it's time to demolish the "old" flats:confused:

They will of course relocate the people to newer flats & you can bet that "newer" flats will not be free.:rolleyes:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happens to mature estates when the PAP decides it's time to demolish the "old" flats:confused:

They will of course relocate the people to newer flats & you can bet that "newer" flats will not be free.:rolleyes:

Yep. But at a choiced location and subsidise rate. My in-laws happened to be benefiting from it. From 3rooms to 4 rooms almost free. MRT thrown in.

Anyway, a matured estate means without much space for residential purposes but doesn't mean that all flats are old enough to be demolished.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep. But at a choiced location and subsidise rate. My in-laws happened to be benefiting from it. From 3rooms to 4 rooms almost free. MRT thrown in.

Anyway, a matured estate means without much space for residential purposes but doesn't mean that all flats are old enough to be demolished.

With so many MRT stations being built even landed property homes are getting them:smile:

Mature estates are more spacious than newer projects because they were designed before the flood of foreigners.

The PAP does not redevelop a mature estate for the benefit of residents, it's about making $$$. Just imagine how much more units they can add.

With the flood of foreigners they will want to update more estates , mature or otherwise. Expect smaller units like the one in Ponggol.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so many MRT stations being built even landed property homes are getting them:smile:

Mature estates are more spacious than newer projects because they were designed before the flood of foreigners.

The PAP does not redevelop a mature estate for the benefit of residents, it's about making $$$. Just imagine how much more units they can add.

With the flood of foreigners they will want to update more estates , mature or otherwise. Expect smaller units like the one in Ponggol.

From 3-rooms to 4 rooms. Even if smaller, can 4 rooms be smaller then 3 rooms?

Also, when flats are so old to the point of needs to be demolish, and they don't demolish. What happen? Have you been to HongKong? Take a look at their low cost housing? No upgrades, no demolish, no facilities for the old, all look so old, old people got nothing to do but sit at the void deck. Would you want to stay in such place? Think about it!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From 3-rooms to 4 rooms. Even if smaller, can 4 rooms be smaller then 3 rooms?

Also, when flats are so old to the point of needs to be demolish, and they don't demolish. What happen?......

Even the PAP can't create space from the air. So that 4th room is probably at the expense of smaller living room, kitchen, etc.

Look at the colonial style buidings at Steven Rd, they are still being used. Go to Bukit Timah, Katong,... many landed property homes are 50+ years old. They look good because the owners take care of their homes call it ownership.

If older HDB flats look bad or unsafe, maybe you should ask the PAP why?

If you need to demolish HDB so frequently don't you think it's a waste:confused:
Even if you support the PAP think of the impact to our environment and your pocket book. Nothing is free in Spore & when you are older and jobless how can you afford these updates:confused:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even the PAP can't create space from the air. So that 4th room is probably at the expense of smaller living room, kitchen, etc.

You have a 3 room flat, exchange with you a 4 room flat. You want or not?

With the extra room, I might as well rent it to those FTs for some extra income. $$$, you want or not?

Look at the colonial style buidings at Steven Rd, they are still being used. Go to Bukit Timah, Katong,... many landed property homes are 50+ years old. They look good because the owners take care of their homes call it ownership.

Yeah. I also wish to be able to afford such houses. On the contrary, I wouldn't be able to afford its upkeep on my own.

If older HDB flats look bad or unsafe, maybe you should ask the PAP why?

If you need to demolish HDB so frequently don't you think it's a waste:confused:
Even if you support the PAP think of the impact to our environment and your pocket book.

No choice lah. Have to make way mah. New foreigners cannot buy brand new from HDB. Its the kiasu syndrome of Singaporeans that drove them in pacts to the HDB new housing application counters.

Nothing is free in Spore & when you are older and jobless how can you afford....

Which is why housing and FT is a valuable assets to us. It can help to generate a regular income to fund my retirements.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah. I also wish to be able to afford such houses. On the contrary, I wouldn't be able to afford its upkeep on my own.
''''
'''''
Which is why housing and FT is a valuable assets to us. It can help to generate a regular income to fund my retirements.

In the long run the upkeep of a house is cheaper than a flat/condo. Parking is free, no monthly maintenance fee & you don't face all kinds of rules & restrictions of living in a flat/condo.

You may see foreigners as a source of income but not all of us view a home as an source of income. I'm sure many don't like to live with strangers. Knew someone who was assaulted by a tenant whom rented a room to. :eek:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I've already paid my property tax and today I got another letter from them revising the amount upwards:eek: i.e. I now have a few weeks to cough up more $$ for property tax:(

Is this revision because they have to find the $$$ to pay for TV license refund & the so called "Grow & Share" :confused:

Firstly, let me just say this is a bullshit money grab by IRAS. If they made an assessment, they should honour it. If they made a mistake on their original assessment, they should live with it instead of coming back later on to squeeze more money. In 2009, when the real estate was down, you didn't see these assholes revise the property tax downwards, right. They only know how to go up, and not down.

U have to jump through their hoops. File a Notice of Objection. But the only pain in the butt is that you have to do the research. U must compare your new revised asseement with the market rent in your block or neighbourhood. So, u must check newspaper, online sites, property agents, etc. to see whether their revised assessment is really accurate or if its too high. If its too high, u might have a case, but u must submit all the documentation from your research. This is a damn sian process, and the IRAS is counting on this. They want to make it inconvenient for you so u don't have to contest the new assessment. For most people, its not worth the hassle and they just pay the extra tax. But I appreciate its more for the principal than for anything else. I believe IRAS "targets" certain neighbourhoods every year to receive these revised assessments. Your area just ass luck kenna this year. To tell u the truth, with so many FTs coming here and raising the rental rates everywhere, it only makes sense that everyone in the whole island would have gotten a revised tax assessment. But thisis notthe case, only some areas got it. So this is just a money raising scam for them. Maybe an oppo will be voted into your constituency and your new MP can raise this issue up in Parliament.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But thisis notthe case, only some areas got it. So this is just a money raising scam for them. Maybe an oppo will be voted into your constituency and your new MP can raise this issue up in Parliament.

This year IRA aka gov't made a big mistake because they are targetting an area with a credible opposition opposition contesting in this GE.

You can bet that I & others will vote for the opposition, I do want a representative MP:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U are a fool if you think anything regarding HDB flat is subsidized.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This year IRA aka gov't made a big mistake because they are targetting an area with a credible opposition opposition contesting in this GE.

You can bet that I & others will vote for the opposition, I do want a representative MP:rolleyes:

Remember to buy 'craps' from the reputable 'stall', the famous 'chilli crap stall'....but can you afford such luxury?:eek:. If the 66.6% from the past understood the word, 'representative', we would be in a different world today. We are voting for people to represent us, not to represent the political party they serve. Their first & foremost duty is to serve the people, wether they had a chance to vote or not.

Can we have much more thinking people sans the 'shanghai ones' ( on their payroll, beholden to them.) vote for a REPRESENTATIVE..

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You have a 3 room flat, exchange with you a 4 room flat. You want or not?

With the extra room, I might as well rent it to those FTs for some extra income. $$$, you want or not?

No choice lah. Have to make way mah. New foreigners cannot buy brand new from HDB. Its the kiasu syndrome of Singaporeans that drove them in pacts to the HDB new housing application counters.

4 room flat does not mean more living space than 3 room flat. What they do now is they just add one extra room in the same area.

Don't compare apples and oranges. u are claiming that your in laws got a good deal, than all of a sudden u are talking about renting room out to tenants. WTF?

Housing and FTs are not valuable assets, and only a PAP cocksucker bitch like you would say that. What HDB flat can u afford after you lose your job to an FT? Assets my ass.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are voting for people to represent us, not to represent the political party they serve. Their first & foremost duty is to serve the people, wether they had a chance to vote or not...

I remember in past elections where people made fun of the opposition & the people who voted for them. When the PAP screwed them, they got angry & demanded to know why the opposition weren't helping them, even thoug they didn't vote for them:eek:

Now we have more people talking about voting non-PAP. Even have the support of business, former PAP, ex-civil service, the church, .....

There might be some hope for Spore after all :smile: