• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What will be the verdict of PRC scholar Xun Xu?

Lord Imperious

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has already been decided, it will just a slap on the wrist.

This show trial is just a pointless exercise to placate bruised egos. Waste of time.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has not broken any rules. He did not do anything dishonest. All he did was to voice his opinion of sinkies. While it may not be a polite thing to do, if disciplinary action is taken against everyone who isn't polite, 99% of the world would be in trouble at some point.

When in doubt ... Refer to Rule Nbr 1 Above ---> "However, I do strongly condemned him for exercising those rights while on our taxpayers' money!"

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think a wayang show is about to be shown.
First, NUS will say they have counselled him intensively and decided to revoke his scholarship and sent him back to china.
But Xun Xu is given a chance to appeal.
To this, Xun Xu decided to appeal and written a public apology condemning himself of the bad behaviour.
In his letter, he will said he endure many sleepless nights and his friends and families in PRC all condemn his behaviour.
After much self reflection, he has decided to turn over a new leaf and will return to PRC.
But he will definitely return to serve this little dot when the chance arises.
After much consideration, NUS decided to let him off with a severe warning,
but applauded him for his courage to admit his own mistakes.
Lastly, NUS will say they condemn such behaviour and any other such occurrence again
by a foreign student will have their scholarship revoked and sent back immediately, regardless
of whether he is a scholar or not.

This should be the possible outcome,
as usual cheorographed by the MIW.
What do your think?

You missed out the cheorographed apology (Standard PAP apology)
If what i have said makes you unhappy, i am sorry.

Over these years, daft doggy sinkies still never recognise, the differences between,

I am sorry for what i said.
vs
I am sorry IF what i said makes you unhappy (= i am sorry to make you unhappy about my saying, but i am NOT sorry to have say those things, because they are hard truth)

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. I may disagree with what you say but I'd defend your right to to say it - Voltaire.

I may disagree with what you say.
I will defend (till my death) your right to say it...... *yes i defend your right to say it!!!

BUT,

I will not defend the consequences of what you said. * Yes, you have the right to say, and you have the freedom to say........ but you have to pay the consequence of saying it too.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
In most countries, i don't believe people will kick up such a fuss about what he said, but he'd probably get beaten up or killed. Freedom of speech and bearing its consequences. Sinkies are too civilized, someone just beat the hell out of the guy that's good enough - he would definitely be a changed person.

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is just young and impetuous..why slaughter him? i think we should exercise some kindness else revenge followed by revenge and the cycle will never end...

to me, he just said it at the wrong time...after ge2011' the ground mood is already bad against ah tiongs...he is probably not aware or blind to the ground sentiment when he made that statement...

comeon, all of us are racists in some way or another...

kindness begets kindness...we should just give him a warning...and hopes he learn his lesson.

tay peng hui and gang are just using this to score his own political points...these RI boys cannot be trusted...i know his clique of friends...etc...they are just as idiots as most sinkies but put on a fake front...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is just young and impetuous..why slaughter him? i think we should exercise some kindness else revenge followed by revenge and the cycle will never end...

to me, he just said it at the wrong time...after ge2011' the ground mood is already bad against ah tiongs...he is probably not aware or blind to the ground sentiment when he made that statement...

comeon, all of us are racists in some way or another...

kindness begets kindness...we should just give him a warning...and hopes he learn his lesson.

tay peng hui and gang are just using this to score his own political points...these RI boys cannot be trusted...i know his clique of friends...etc...they are just as idiots as most sinkies but put on a fake front...

RI boys are saints compared to those from SJI and ACS :biggrin:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is this ungrateful, despicable PRC brat still not expelled yet and deported back to China ?? :mad:

I wonder if many Singaporeans will be pissed if NUS allows him to graduate, I know I would be pissed.

Only in Singapore, the Govt treats PRC students like little emperors with free university education plus monetary allowances and local students like dogs whose parents have to spend their life savings for their university education and expenses. :mad: