• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What the Modern Woman Wants .. an eye-opener from an RGS student

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys come on! Considering her relative youth, she ought to be commended for her mature style of writing. Imho, she has written a good and compelling story. She is simply saying this- all the things that a modern woman (read Sinkapore woman) wants i.e. the trappings of wealth, power, prestige, luxurious lifestyle etc is misplaced and ephemeral. It may bring them short-term happiness but not true happiness. It blinds them to what is true happiness which is before their very eyes but too blind to even notice and this true happiness need not cost a bomb! It's called loyalty, undivided love and affection, filial piety.:wink: Nice story!

She seemed to write a bit better than our local heartland auntie Catherine Lim. That spastic Oxford Dictionary prose wannabe local HDB writer.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally someone who appreciates good literary work

Not like the bunch of losers who fault a 15-year-old genius
and another bunch who cannot read beyond two sentences

Our future is gone in this group of youngsters, better import 1.5 million PRCs to dilute this poor stock

Ouir government is really too slow. Now is the best time to import PRC graduates given the recession. Import this high quality PRC or Singapore is doomed!

Guys come on! Considering her relative youth, she ought to be commended for her mature style of writing. Imho, she has written a good and compelling story. She is simply saying this- all the things that a modern woman (read Sinkapore woman) wants i.e. the trappings of wealth, power, prestige, luxurious lifestyle etc is misplaced and ephemeral. It may bring them short-term happiness but not true happiness. It blinds them to what is true happiness which is before their very eyes but too blind to even notice and this true happiness need not cost a bomb! It's called loyalty, undivided love and affection, filial piety.:wink: Nice story!

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
for a secondary school girl it's pretty good. She is able to observe human behaviour around her and make a value judgement,although it remains to be seen if she becomes the materialistic daughter she villifies in future. She's able to do basic juxtaposition, between the mother's old gods and the daughter's gods of modern trappings. Important skills for a writer as well. Her themes remind me of Catherine Lim.

The only work needed is improvement of prose - it reads like a disconnected chain of cheem words describing stuff passionlessly. But she's still very young so it's understandable. You need 10-20 years to develop a 'voice'.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally someone who appreciates good literary work

Not like the bunch of losers who fault a 15-year-old genius
and another bunch who cannot read beyond two sentences

Our future is gone in this group of youngsters, better import 1.5 million PRCs to dilute this poor stock

Ouir government is really too slow. Now is the best time to import PRC graduates given the recession. Import this high quality PRC or Singapore is doomed!

I'm all for importing more Sichuan sluts! waddaya think!:wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuanTi01
Guys come on! Considering her relative youth, she ought to be commended for her mature style of writing. Imho, she has written a good and compelling story. She is simply saying this- all the things that a modern woman (read Sinkapore woman) wants i.e. the trappings of wealth, power, prestige, luxurious lifestyle etc is misplaced and ephemeral. It may bring them short-term happiness but not true happiness. It blinds them to what is true happiness which is before their very eyes but too blind to even notice and this true happiness need not cost a bomb! It's called loyalty, undivided love and affection, filial piety. Nice story!

I rest my case!:smile:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did they ask for sex before the night is over? :biggrin:

Thank God they didn't. Though one of them was about close but I clearly foresaw that and stopped her abruptly before leaving.

When I talked to them I felt almost invariably like I was in a scene of Brokeback Mountain, that's how bad it is.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a short story written by Catherim Lim.

Don't anyhow label.

Bloody goondu.

hahaha, another cheebye kia who hopes that with one line can try and discredit or cast doubt on the authenticity of the article

anybody can do a google and verify amanda chong's win

you will grow up to be like scroobal

from cheebye kia to puah chee bye

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't anyhow label.

Bloody goondu.

Lame. And I'm still way better than you, you spastic bastard fuck. Look at your fuck face in the mirror as well. Should I urinate on it for you?

You have to thank your bastard mother for giving birth to a donkey bladder face like you. You can kneel and beg like a dog and an old woman like Catherim still won't let you fuck her, which shows what a failure and a worthless piece of shit you are.

Understand you ugly dickwad?

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't anyhow label.

Bloody goondu.

Looks like I guessed correctly. The similarity in style is telling. Writing doesn't flow too well, but maybe the story is directed at literature students in schools, not the professional market.