• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What many do not know about foreigner dependency ratio, now spread the word...

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course some already know, especially the older folks with more worldly experience, HR people and those SME bosses

However, most worker bees don't know

For the calculation of the dependency ratio, a Malaysian PR counts as a local, not foreigner

So the SME boss can hire Malaysian, use him or her to increase the number of other country's foreigners and end up having no Singaporean citizen on the staff payroll

Of course Malaysian PRs are better than the cheebyekia British and American spoilt brats who are now pressuring our weakling government to cave in to their demands for cheap labour.

Still they are foreigners and an SME can have Malaysians and other foreigners without Singaporeans

GDP growth for whose benefit?

KANINA, the more I think the more angry, now cannot sleep, going maddd.......

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
had been advocating the separation of PRs and Citizens during census. lumping the two together clouds the statistics.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
My pay is squeezed because of this, so I damn angry. Hard to make ends meet even when I save like crazy!

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One more thing MBS and RWS can defer their local quota. They can hire foreigners first, then in coming years hire locals later. I do not know what other industries that are allowed in doing so, but im sure there are.

M

Mdm Tang

Tks . mbs and rws laughing to the banks :(

Of course some already know, especially the older folks with more worldly experience, HR people and those SME bosses

For the calculation of the dependency ratio, a Malaysian PR counts as a local, not foreigner

So the SME boss can hire Malaysian, use him or her to increase the number of other country's foreigners and end up having no Singaporean citizen on the staff payroll

Of course Malaysian PRs are better than the cheebyekia British and American spoilt brats who are now pressuring our weakling government to cave in to their demands for cheap labour.

Still they are foreigners and an SME can have Malaysians and other foreigners without Singaporeans

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
My pay is squeezed because of this, so I damn angry. Hard to make ends meet even when I save like crazy!

You are angry.
Will you 'voice' this rage in the next GE?
Or will PAP (with its propaganda of fear & reason) win you over?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the golden question is who did you vote for? trust me, vote for any one beside pap. even some independent candidates who work as road sweeper.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hardly surprising. That's probably one of the reasons why the Department of Statistics love using the terminology 'Singapore residents' when computing its statistics. More obfuscation.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hardly surprising. That's probably one of the reasons why the Department of Statistics love using the terminology 'Singapore residents' when computing its statistics. More obfuscation.
\

Straits Times dedicates tons of space everyday to the discussion, even carry Sylvia, Low and Inderjit's comments but didn't look into this ratio abuse

The 9 chambers letter calling more foreign workers below 35 showed how arrogant they are

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
had been advocating the separation of PRs and Citizens during census. lumping the two together clouds the statistics.
Singstats now makes them available but not in the easiest fashion to find at one go.
http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/popn/population2012b.pdf
Example.
You need to check with the annual death and birth rates to get a sense of population growth from foreigners. Of course must factor from those who give IC.

Not say cannot count. Birth rate now is sub 43K. Used to be up to 50K per year.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
What no one has looked at or asked is if the PAPzis have promised jobs or access here to nationals of foreign countries who have free trade agreements with us. It is a known fact that that PAPzis have promised Indian, China and Philippine governments that a number of their citizens are to have access to jobs here as part of FTA agreements.

Can someone who knows an oppo MP or NCMP please forward this important information to them so that this can be asked in parliament.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, if cannot sleep, may I suggest PCC or bang your missus, might help. :biggrin:

of kos la, you think based on cb chinkpore workers only? the mudland urines are also factored in.

the pappys are not stupid, they might look it and do really shitty things, but they are not all that stupid.

take it easy bro.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically speaking, all valid residents residing in Singapore should be counted as local. That means, PR/Workers pass etc etc. The PAP can use this metric and report out of the 6.9mil 80% would be local. Their pig headed for not doing this.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think you know what you are talking about

Do you know, how dynamic and fast moving the transient population is?

Cannot suka suka do like that la bro. Please think a bit before you suggest can :oIo:

Technically speaking, all valid residents residing in Singapore should be counted as local. That means, PR/Workers pass etc etc. The PAP can use this metric and report out of the 6.9mil 80% would be local. Their pig headed for not doing this.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was meant for the PAP to pick it up and implement in their policy. :wink:

I dont think you know what you are talking about

Do you know, how dynamic and fast moving the transient population is?

Cannot suka suka do like that la bro. Please think a bit before you suggest can :oIo:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the golden question is who did you vote for? trust me, vote for any one beside pap. even some independent candidates who work as road sweeper.

Yes need to drum this into the 60.1%.
Vote a donkey vote a cockroach is still better than pappy white scum.
Cockroach may be disgusting but can't do you much harm compared to a scholarly white scum who will devise policies to torture you and your family.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am all for more foreign workers, they support investments that eventually bring jobs to us singkies.