• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What kind of trendy spectacle frame should I get?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
shopping.jpg

Something like this is the best.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old farts with progressive lens should not be cheated by all kinds of marketed expensive lens.
Many wearers face distortion and ending with giddiness nausea etc

I found the solution to this common problem is not about the lens made and quality. Spectacle shops will not tell you this becos they will be killing themselves.
It is about choosing the right size of frame. Should choose the narrower width frame I.e a round or square frame becos this frame will just have enough width for the focal point and avoiding the extra useless space on the side of the frame which is the caused of the giddiness.

In other words, choose a narrow width and a just enough to read height. You may think more space for reading isn't it better?
Do not choose a too great in height to look like Korean stars becos you will end up having difficulties reading by needing to keep your head straight while reading downwards and look like a silly old fart.

The best frame I have found is the last emperor kind of frame. Just enough in both height and width for progressive lens and you can choose the cheapest lens available without sacrificing comfort.

I almost fell down the stairs the first time I tried progressive. I only wore for two weeks plus and went back to the optical shop to change to the normal lens.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I almost fell down the stairs the first time I tried progressive. I only wore for two weeks plus and went back to the optical shop to change to the normal lens.
Yes some people just cannot adapt to progressive lens and will have to stick with having 2 spectacles swapping between reading and far distant. I have this problem too until I found the cheap solution of round small frame.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why never consider contact lenses or lasik?

I never try progressive contact lens before.
But young time wear contact found it troublesome.
Now old fart already no point lasik, getting ready for cataract surgery then the natural lens will be replaced.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never try progressive contact lens before.
But young time wear contact found it troublesome.
Now old fart already no point lasik, getting ready for cataract surgery then the natural lens will be replaced.

Wear disposable lens for when you are exercising.

Washing the lens is a bit troublesome, the optical shops huat big time selling cleaning solutions to customers.

Also annoying if sand or eyelash gets inside your eye while you are wearing contact lens.