• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is WP stand on 377A?

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
LLL last night talk about cannot discrimminated stay at home mother. She say working mums and stay had home home should have same subsidy. And that single parent children cannot be discriminated against.

I wonder why she never talk about those gay-gay lesbian family unit? WP no like Gay?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I wonder why she never talk about those gay-gay lesbian family unit? WP no like Gay?

last read on the news, and me quote:

In a media statement, the AGC pointed out that the High Court is due to hear two cases on the constitutionality of Section 377A, and public comments about the issue could be deemed as sub judice “if the statements are calculated to affect the minds of the courts hearing the case, the minds of parties who are concerned in the case itself, or if they amount to public pre-judgment of the case, and there is a real risk of prejudice”.

source: http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/agc-intervenes-377a-debate

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot comment on 377a, still can talk about gay adoption right.

In a media statement, the AGC pointed out that the High Court is due to hear two cases on the constitutionality of Section 377A, and public comments about the issue could be deemed as sub judice “if the statements are calculated to affect the minds of the courts hearing the case, the minds of parties who are concerned in the case itself, or if they amount to public pre-judgment of the case, and there is a real risk of prejudice”.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LLL last night talk about cannot discrimminated stay at home mother. She say working mums and stay had home home should have same subsidy. And that single parent children cannot be discriminated against.

Please, gay sex or anal sex isn't very popular thing. Even Sammyboy hot blooded ones attest that they do not enjoy this.

You think Singapore only got one Singaporean and that's you?

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please, gay sex or anal sex isn't very popular thing. Even Sammyboy hot blooded ones attest that they do not enjoy this.

Ok lor... but gay sex cannot produce baby. SO if gay couple want to have baby can adopt right? Once adopt, shouldnt they get subsudy?

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't even dream abt gay couples adopting kids if s377A remains. that's the first hurdle to cross.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Cannot comment on 377a, still can talk about gay adoption right.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4wNknGIKkoA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you like walking on the wild side? :p:p:p

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
in singapore, ivf only for married couples, not single women. they can get it done elsewhere though.

thus a single woman (whether lesbian or not) who gives birth = single mom --> comes under whatever LLL was talking abt?

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
in singapore, ivf only for married couples, not single women. they can get it done elsewhere though.

thus a single woman (whether lesbian or not) who gives birth = single mom --> comes under whatever LLL was talking abt?

LLL made it clear the the WP is pro-normal family composition. Just that the child of a single parent should not be made to suffer for his/her mother being a slut.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal

LLL made it clear the the WP is pro-normal family composition. Just that the child of a single parent should not be made to suffer for his/her mother being a slut.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most single parents are not sluts, but either widowed or abandoned by a steady BF after what they thought was a longterm relationship.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Interestingly this took place during the WP election campaign. Did they time this so that WP was unable to comment on gay rights?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There may be cases where a woman went for AI to be a single mom or adopted a child, and not a "slut". HDB needs to have more compassionate, definitely.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah typical conservative heartlander doesn't want to hear about gay rights. Then they turn on the TV to watch TCS drama serials at night, and half of all the actors and actresses in there are gay and nobody knows it.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I highly doubt WP has a stand or wants to make a stand on 377A.
It's too volatile and it gives them zero benefit to go into it.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I highly doubt WP has a stand or wants to make a stand on 377A.
It's too volatile and it gives them zero benefit to go into it.

It's not a government issue anyway. I heard that LKY and Goh Chok Tong are not even anti-gay. Politically it is a non-issue. I told a gay activist that he should be fighting the heartlanders and the churches, not the government.