• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is so fantastic about George?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not understand what is so great about George Yeo?

I see facebook pages with the likes of "GY for president" and "GY to replace TPL".

Is he really that great?

From what I could recall, whenever he addresses Singaporeans, he refers as "they" instead of "us". This means that he treats himself a class different from the rest of us. So what is the difference between him and the rest of the PAP?

Many years ago, he was the minister who opened the first Singapore Swing and was struggling to dance along with the disco music. A few years later, he told the youth in Singapore not to listen to Madonna's music. Excuse me? You are a government minister, who the hell are you to destroy an artiste's career? Fortunately, not many listened to him. And more fortunately for him, Madonna did nothing.

Now George has lost the election and suddenly people start to sing praises about him. About how good how good he was.

Oh please! If you compare him with his worst colleague like WKS or MBT, of course he will look like an angel. But he is no different from the rest of PAP.

At least he speaks better than Yam Ah Mee

That's a start

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, guys, you are hurting the feelings of our most esteemed member scroobal in sammyboy, judging by the reverential tones when they reply to his threads and posts.

And have you all forgotten his thread on polling night reporting about MP and Holland/BT GRC conceivably falling with lose of two ministers there?

alphaville

Quite simply, when you're gone people only have good things to say about you, attended any funerals lately :smile: Same applies to Mahathir, he embarassingly admittedly this on his exit.

Who remebers Cancun summit, George Yeo could do shit. Who knows if Chen Show Mao was in his place,could he be the equivalent of Christine Lagarde?

I do not understand what is so great about George Yeo?

I see facebook pages with the likes of "GY for president" and "GY to replace TPL".

Is he really that great?

From what I could recall, whenever he addresses Singaporeans, he refers as "they" instead of "us". This means that he treats himself a class different from the rest of us. So what is the difference between him and the rest of the PAP?

Many years ago, he was the minister who opened the first Singapore Swing and was struggling to dance along with the disco music. A few years later, he told the youth in Singapore not to listen to Madonna's music. Excuse me? You are a government minister, who the hell are you to destroy an artiste's career? Fortunately, not many listened to him. And more fortunately for him, Madonna did nothing.

Now George has lost the election and suddenly people start to sing praises about him. About how good how good he was.

Oh please! If you compare him with his worst colleague like WKS or MBT, of course he will look like an angel. But he is no different from the rest of PAP.

DollarsNoSense

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the opportunity to have testimonies from people whom he was their boss. According to his ex-subordinates, late 80s in RSAF where he was the Head of Air Planning Dept, he is friendly and not arrogant, so a friendly and not arrogant boss is a good - a good boss. But he spent most of the time in the army attending courses overseas and spend short stints in different dept till he is promoted to BG. Then it happened that BG Lee, BG Teo and BG Yeo all ended up in politics.
To the porlanpar directors & CEOs who worked for him in MITA in the 1990s, he was a good minister bec he is friendly and not arrogant. According to the porlanpars, GY has better knowledge of the arts and history because he reads widely in spite of being a very busy Minister (thats what all Singaporeans are told, that ministers are a bunch of very busy people). Everyone else in MITA are 'less busy' and they should learn from the very learned scholarly minister. In this sense, he was smarter than previous minister and therefore he is good.
Many people who have not met him personally or worked with him before, love him and think he is good because they know him through the state media.
On 8 May 11, the media and garment cry out that we have lost a good minister. Many people who have not met him personally or worked with him before, will miss him because the state media tells us that we will and should miss him.

Do you miss him?

Jayakumar says ASEAN ministers will miss him, here:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sing...sed-saddened-george-yeo-defeat-172329447.html
and here:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1127531/1/.html

I do not miss him because I don't give a damn. Just find another million-dollar servant.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the opportunity to have testimonies from people whom he was their boss. According to his ex-subordinates, late 80s in RSAF where he was the Head of Air Planning Dept, he is friendly and not arrogant, so a friendly and not arrogant boss is a good - a good boss. But he spent most of the time in the army attending courses overseas and spend short stints in different dept till he is promoted to BG. Then it happened that BG Lee, BG Teo and BG Yeo all ended up in politics.
To the porlanpar directors & CEOs who worked for him in MITA in the 1990s, he was a good minister bec he is friendly and not arrogant. According to the porlanpars, GY has better knowledge of the arts and history because he reads widely in spite of being a very busy Minister (thats what all Singaporeans are told, that ministers are a bunch of very busy people). Everyone else in MITA are 'less busy' and they should learn from the very learned scholarly minister. In this sense, he was smarter than previous minister and therefore he is good.
Many people who have not met him personally or worked with him before, love him and think he is good because they know him through the state media.
On 8 May 11, the media and garment cry out that we have lost a good minister. Many people who have not met him personally or worked with him before, will miss him because the state media tells us that we will and should miss him.

Do you miss him?

Jayakumar says ASEAN ministers will miss him, here:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sing...sed-saddened-george-yeo-defeat-172329447.html
and here:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1127531/1/.html

I do not miss him because I don't give a damn. Just find another million-dollar servant.

I think the "ASEAN leaders miss him"stuff is nonsense. Most ASEANleaders don't give a damn.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
a lot of sinkies ... if ah u say goot, dey wil oso say goot 1 ... :rolleyes:

datz ze 60% ...

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. now georgie boy got the taste of the common sheep, jobless.
3. yes, talking retraining.
4. georgie should qualify by now.
5. he has to be retrained man!