• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is considered an educated person

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://tonymac04.hubpages.com/hub/Chracteristics-of-an-educated-person

To these ends an educated person in my opinion, would be a person who at least:

• has a deep and genuine empathy, striving to understand others, with the ability to withhold their own judgement until they are sure that they do understand;
  • is sensitive to the psychological, physical, moral and cultural milieu in which they find themselves, showing respect and caring at all times;
  • has a clear understanding of his or her own values, wants and preferences without wishing to impose these on others;
  • is independent, within the constraints of collaborative living, in action and thought, taking responsibility for the health and well-being of their body and their mind;
  • understands the connectedness of everything in the world, and even in the universe, and so acts responsibly in everything they do - the slogan "think globally, act locally" applies here;
  • is congruent, meaning that the person will be comfortable in their own skin, able to acknowledge their own feelings and the feelings of others without condescension.

Clearly these are characteristics that can be learned in formal education but do need to be developed in such a process.

An educated person, in other words, is one for whom being is more important than knowing or having .

How come there is not a point of someone who needs to defend his own education immensely to be considered being educated....and drink distilled water to feel highly educated... hmmm... can someone advise me on this???

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
educated person should know where he is or isn't welcome

fuck you

Last edited:

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

• has a deep and genuine empathy, striving to understand others, with the ability to withhold their own judgement until they are sure that they do understand;
  • is sensitive to the psychological, physical, moral and cultural milieu in which they find themselves, showing respect and caring at all times;
  • has a clear understanding of his or her own values, wants and preferences without wishing to impose these on others;
  • is independent, within the constraints of collaborative living, in action and thought, taking responsibility for the health and well-being of their body and their mind;
  • understands the connectedness of everything in the world, and even in the universe, and so acts responsibly in everything they do - the slogan "think globally, act locally" applies here;
  • is congruent, meaning that the person will be comfortable in their own skin, able to acknowledge their own feelings and the feelings of others without condescension.

Clearly these are characteristics that can be learned in formal education but do need to be developed in such a process.

An educated person, in other words, is one for whom being is more important than knowing or having .

How come there is not a point of someone who needs to defend his own education immensely to be considered being educated....and drink distilled water to feel highly educated... hmmm... can someone advise me on this???

You are uneducated and super thick skin. I rest my case.. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
These people in here http://www.pscscholarships.gov.sg/content/pscsch.html the rest are simply uneducated peasants.

There is a huge difference between someone who is educated vs another who is merely literate....

i think i can add one more trait to one who is educated....

someone who after the years of schooling and learning has managed to derive and absorb the "good things" that he had learnt and that in turn has moulded the character.

On that count you can see why most of the people in the PAP's govt are utter failures...their years as people of education had taught them little in terms of empathy, compassion and morality .....they have little or no character and certainly they have no robust trait about them that allows them to stand up to the nonsense in this government .... they are more fearful and selfish and greedy than they are virtuous, righteous or principled.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is a huge difference between someone who is educated vs another who is merely literate....

i think i can add one more trait to one who is educated....

someone whon after the years of schooling and learning has managed to derive and absorb the "good things" that he had learnt and that in turn has moulded the character.

On that count you can see why most of the people in the PAP's govt are utter failures...their years as people of education had taught them little in terms of empathy, compassion and morality .....they have little or no character and certauinly they have no ronust trait about them that allows them to stand up to the nonsense in this government .... they are more fearful and selfish and greedy than they are virtuous, righteous or principled.

and worse of all, they defended their education and think that they are so right... oh man.. what a waste of resources in educating these bunch of losers... we actually got one here in this forum..hehehehe. the distilled water guy.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats because the problem with scholars are their sense of entitlement.

the PAP govt promises them a cushy life and actually does deliver simply based on their paper qualification. If everyone had good opportunities, most people will also thrive. That is what Max Weber had said himself..... so if everybody had good choices and options available to them, they would have risen too.

BUT if you have a flawed character who is good at studying and passing exams, it does not erase that flaw...in fact if he is clever enough, he will hide those flaws and continue to thrive and get promoted until the day he gets on top of the heap.

there has to be better ways of finding out all the immoral and poor characters who have inflitrated the govt BUT i think the PAP is only concerned about one trait..... Loyalty beyond and above all ...the ability to act blur when evil is done or even one better, the ability justify that bullcrap smells like roses........

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is this thread started by an illiterate?

Oh then perhaps Hitler can start a thread on world peace.

Or perhaps Lee Kuan Yew can start a thread on democracy.

coogans

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont know 100% what is educated person but I know that you are 100% uneducated. Worse than any sinkie that I ever encountered.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone who claims to be in Land of Oz while getting anal fucked by his Thai ladyboy wife every night in a pigeon-hole in the heartlands is not educated alrite :p

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
u got university degree?

HAHAHAHHA LOSER HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

FUCKING REJECT IN THE SOCIETY HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
education comes n many forms like when you mother says don't go anywhere near Ah Neh. Ah Neh will tangkap you and sell your for $1. This is moral education.

Go to angmoh school is merely technical education which you hardly use at all. Ang moh give you their English novel to read for education which you hardly know what their cottage look like but we know what HDB or kampong atap houses look like or when they say have daisy flowers which was actually a pest plants which shit will over their garden. Btw, their cottage house are much worst then HDB flat which have small windows and doors much smaller then HDB 3 bedroom flat.

This kind of ang moh education has been bluffing countries which they colonizied for a long time and today we can shaft their novels into the rubbish shutes.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be able to recite the Analects word for word, and discuss at length the latest articles on Petir.