• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is Buddhist?

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhist Grades

1) Accept Sakyamuni Buddha as Original Teacher and purified from 3 poisons but never take refuge to Sangha like Maitreya Doctrine, Soka, Gakkai, Hindu-Buddhism, Taoist-Buddhism and so on. We call it; General Buddhist Follower.
2) Accept Sakyamuni Buddha as Original Teacher and purified from 3 poisons but take refuge from Amitabha Doctrine Sangha like China Amitofo Mahayana and Tibet Amitabha Mahayana and so on. We call it; Associate Buddhist Follower.
3) Accept Sakyamuni Buddha as Original Teacher and purified from 3 poisons but take refuge from Small Wheel Sangha. We call it; Small Wheel Buddhist.
4) Accept Sakyamuni Buddha as Original Teacher and purified from 3 poisons but take refuge from Big Wheel Sangha. We call it; Big Wheel Buddhist.
5) Accept Sakyamuni Buddha as Original Teacher and taking 5 precepts from Big and Small Wheel Sangha. They will to stay in Buddhist Lodge to cultivate a pure mind and do observe the eight precepts when holiday or weekend. We call it; Dharma Protector Buddhist.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to China Maitreya Buddha Doctrine. The Buddha Big Wheel, Western Buddha Empire was started from First Patriarch Mahakasyapa to Twenty Eight Patriarch Bodhidharma. It is the Twenty Eight Patriarch Bodhidharma brought the Nirvana to China. The Buddha Big Wheel, Eastern Buddha Empire was started from First Patriarch Bodhidharma to the Seventeen Patriarch Master Lu Zhong Yi which was believed to be the incarnation of Maitreya Buddha. The Buddha Eastern Empire was end with Sun Eighteen Patriarch Master Zhang Tianran, death in AD 1947 and Moon Eighteen Patriarch Master Sun Su Zhen death in AD 1975. As Mahayana Buddhist, until today we still do not know who the real Seven Patriarch is. To Obtain Nirvana or went to Amitabha Western Pure land or Medicine Eastern Pure Land or Maitreya Pure Land? But do not forget Buddha teaching purified from poisons and to cultivate a pure mind and do observe the eight precepts when holiday or weekend.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhist Big Wheel History. The Origianal Teacher is Sakyamuni Buddha. After Buddha Nirvana, the First Buddhist Council was started from First Western Buddha Land Patriarch Master Mahakasyapa, and Ended with Sixth Eastern Buddha Land Master Hui Neng AD 674. Year AD 416, Chinese Mahayana, Amitabha Doctrine Big Wheel was started from First Eastern Buddha Land Patriarch Master Yuan Kong and Ended with Thirteen Patriarch Eastern Buddha Land Master Ink Kuang AD 1941. Year AD 1385, Tibetan Mahayana, Amitabha Doctrine Big Wheel was started from First Panchen Lamas Khedrup Gelek Pelzang until present the Eleven Panchen Lama Gedhun 1989 and Panchen Lamas Gyancain 1990.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our International Buddhist Standard: When the Buddhist meets each other, they will greet ‘Homage to Buddha’. They will call each other ‘Senior Brother’. In any Buddhist events, they have to eating Vegetarian foods. They shall have International Buddhist Membership for taking Three Buddhist Refuge, Five Precepts and Eight Precepts. Buddhist should to stay in Buddhist Lodge to cultivate a pure mind and do observe the eight precepts when holiday or weekend. The Sangha Community shall not confuse the Buddhist Community. We should have an International English Language Basic Common Points Buddhist Teaching Institute for Doctorate, Master, Degree, Advance Diploma, Basic Diploma and other certificates.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 8 precepts

1st precept

I will abstain from being harmful to living beings. I will not kill; I will cause injuries to other beings, whatever and whoever they are. Not even to the mosquitoes that bite me.

2nd precept

I will abstain from stealing. I will not appropriate others property, I will not take possession of that which has not been given to me. I will not even take the metro, even for a station distance, without paying.

3rd precept

I will abstain from all sexual practices. No copulation, no masturbation. I will even avoid indulging in petting. I will not commit adultery; I will not indulge into any illegal sexual relationship, neither through prostitution, etc.

4th precept

I will abstain from uttering lies. I will not lie; I will be honest while facing all situations. Whatever one might think and whatever the intention underlying it might be, a lie will always bear a negative result. I will even avoid speaking ill of anyone, swearing and indulging in vain talks.

5th precept

I will refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness. That is to say: I will not consume any substance likely to intoxicate my body or my mind, such as alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc. I will even avoid drinking too much coffee. Due to health reasons, the medicines are authorized.

6th precept

I will abstain from eating after noon time. I will never consume any solid foods after the solar noon and this, until the following dawn. During this period, I will no even drink milk, which is considered as a solid food, as it is very nourishing. In case of severe hunger or a great lack of energy, honey, molasses, liquid sugars, oil and butter are also authorized.

7th precept

I will abstain from listening or playing music, songs, wearing flowers, jewelers and other ornaments. I will not listen to some music, I will not watch any show whatsoever, I will not watch films, neither go for entertainment, nor read any fashion magazines, play games, etc. I will not wear perfumes; I will not arrange my body for an aesthetic purpose. I will even avoid dressing myself in an attractive way. For health reasons, skin care products are authorized.

8th precept

I will refrain from lining or seating on high and luxurious places. I will not sit or lie down on places located higher than those of the noble ones.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Five Precepts Treatise

Chanting, must remain devoted parents, Feng Shi, teachers, and compassion do not kill, repair Treatise industry.The Treatise industry, namely:Body not killing, stealing, sexual misconduct matter.Mouth no nonsense, Words and Flowery Expressions, Liangshe, bad mouth.Heart can not afford to greed, Chen Hui, stupid thinking.

Five Precepts:

┌ no killing├ do not steal├ no adultery├ do not lie└ not drinking

Treatise:

Body not killing, stealing, sexual misconduct matter.Mouth no nonsense, Words and Flowery Expressions, Liangshe, bad mouth.Heart can not afford to greed, Chen Hui, stupid thinking.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Buddha's purpose in founding an order of monks and nuns was to provide an environment in which spiritual development would be easier.

The lay community provide monks and nuns with their basic needs - food, clothing, shelter, and medicine - so they can devote their time to the study and practice of the Dhamma. .

The ordered and simple lifestyle of the monastery is conducive to inner peace and meditation.

In return, the monks and nuns are expected to share what they know with the community and act as an example of how good Buddhist should live.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy Books is only a Holy Book. The real Holy Book is real practical Holy Book to Nirvana. Above suffering and words.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhism teaches the highest goodness without a creating God; a continuity of life without adhering to the superstitious doctrine of an eternal soul-substance that goes out of the body; a happiness without an objective heaven; a method of salvation without a vicarious Savior; redemption by oneself as the Redeemer, without rites, prayers, penances, or priests; and Nirvana, attainable in this life and in this world by leading a pure, unselfish life of wisdom and compassion to all beings. There is no suffering, no accumulating, no extinction, no way and no understanding and no attaining. There is no impediment, not afraid and not distorted dream.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Buddhist West Empire started grow with bad seed. Human crazy with politic with kill, rape, rob, steal, kidnapped and crimes. The Buddhist started to grow with good seed in Buddhist East Empire. When Buddhist East Empire started grow with bad seed. Human crazy with politic with free thinker, The Buddhist again started with good seed in Buddhist Southeast Empire.

We can see that those countries in Asia Pacific Nation which lives in peace and wealthy. They are people who speak English with Roman Catholic faith. Their ancestor had plant with good seed to obtain Nirvana. Our Sangha Community and Dharma Protector Community have to translate Small Wheel Testament and Big Wheel Testament into English Holy Book like Bible. Our Buddhist Lodge had to be clean, silent, less status, only candle and flower. Holy Book shall be only for moral philosophy and not the list of name for mantra, Arahat and Bodhisattva. Example: Dhammapada Sutra and Diamond Sutra. We shall have weekend eight precepts mass and holiday eight precepts retreat. We must stop Puja with replace by holy book reading and meditation. Buddhist religion workers shall paid with salary and not begging for donation.

Last edited:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
In two thousand five hundred years ago, we help Sangha Community to built huts, temples and caves for their shelter. We pay those who help Sangha Community. We offer food and clothing to Sangha Community. Sangha Community comes to villages to teaching Buddhist Dharma.

Today we replace Jungles to Monastery. We also pay salary to Buddhist Dharma workers. We also collecting fund for Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. We also replace Villages Dharma Talk to Buddhist Lodge. Every thing is back to normal.

Last edited:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Xu Yun’s Letter to Chiang Kai-shek.

Buddhism is an international religion today, and it alone contains the complete teaching about reality. The other two dominant forces in the world are monotheism and materialism, but these two teachings either deny, or do not recognise the Buddhist theory of karma that operates on every plane of reality. The Christian god rewards those who believe in him, but punishes those who do not, therefore Christianity can not maintain peace in the world.

God is the mind, and the mind is god. Therefore, like the mind, the god concept must be empty of any permanent substance. By turning the gaze within, the three realms of desire, form and formlessness can be clearly discerned. Christianity does not recognise the karmically created universe, but instead believes that the universe was created by a god and operates through different, unconnected laws. The materialists do not accept even the presence of a god or a religious concept, and view the world merely as an unfolding of random, disconnected events.

Buddhism may be described as idealistic, but idealistic philosophy is a very broad subject. Generally speaking, the various systems of idealistic thinking are not the same as that of Sakyamuni Buddha, as they are not the consequence of the enlightened experience. Sakyamuni Buddha saw clearly the delusion of birth and death and how living beings are trapped in its cycle, through the generation of greed, hatred and delusion within the mind. Those who follow the materialist path do not recognise that the processes of their inner mind create the world they inhabit. The Christian world is based upon a duality between those who believe and accept the existence of a god concept (the ‘good’), and those who do not believe or accept the god concept (the ‘evil’). Sakyamuni Buddha saw reality clearly. He taught that duality is an illusion, and that any one who looks into their minds effectively, will see through this illusion. Cultivated wisdom sees the world clearly; when looking at a buffalo, the buffalo is clearly seen, but when insight is lacking, the buffalo might be seen as present, when in fact it is absent. Or when the buffalo is present, only part of its physical appearance is perceived. The (deluded) dualistic viewpoint of the world does not perceive the totality of reality as created by the mind – as a consequence, its vision is incomplete. Buddhist meditational practice is the effective method for permanently wiping-out delusion and duality.

Buddhism as a complete philosophy, not only teaches about how the physical universe is created (through karmic habit), but also clearly and concisely teaches how the physical body (through the sense organs) relates to the world, and how the body and mind can be ordered so that the Mind Ground can be realised through meditation. As the physical universe emerges from the deluded mind, the Surangama Sutra teaches how the deluded mind can be disentangled from all externals. This complete understanding of existence and non-existence pre-dates modern science. The bodhisattva vow of compassion (to save all living beings), permeates the Buddhist Sutras and is a great service to the world.

Buddhism is a complete philosophy that does not use trickery or deceit to confuse the people. There are people following Buddhism from every walk of life, because Buddhism has the power to unite religion and science. More than this, however, Buddhism brings the three religions of China – i.e. Buddhism, Daoism and Confucianism – into a great accord. Buddhism is like a stove that melts everything together – acknowledging the essential, unchanging ‘origin’ of all things.

Today (1943), the country of Japan takes Buddhism as a national religion– but its leaders behave like uneducated warlords and defame the true teachings of the Buddha which are based upon compassion and respect for all life. The warlords of Japan blindly believe in the use of military force, and in their ignorance, believe that invading countries and killing innocent people leads to karmic merit. This distorted thinking will end in defeat.

This is an example of ignorance dictating the understanding of Buddhism. This is what happens when superstition rules society, and a national religion is deliberately distorted to meet temporary political and military objectives. The people are deceived by such actions, and their karmic fruits become ever more hellish. Buddhism has clear regulations to guide its presence within society, so that the Dharma does not become corrupted. The Buddha’s doctrine clearly explains, step by step, how to gather the senses, and return the concentration back to the Mind Ground. Buddhist teaching is an antidote to confusion both within and without. Wherever Buddhism is practiced, within the home or the monastery, the Mind Ground emanates compassion to all beings on every plane. The bodhisattva continuously works for the welfare of all living beings. For these reasons Buddhism can be used as a positive force within the State.

Killing others is caused by evil intent within the mind. The bodhisattva does not live this way, because through following the Buddha’s path, all evil intent is swept away. When ignorance remains murder with all kinds of weapons may be the result, but by cultivating goodwill and positive karmic merit, this kind of misconduct is eradicated. Such is the guiding strength of the path of the Buddha, which reveals all truth in a solid manner.

The bodhisattva, whose conduct is derived from the cultivation of universal wisdom and unending compassion within the absorption of meditation, does not avoid the danger and difficulties of life. A bodhisattva manifests four good conducts (amongst others) in relation to the everyday interaction with living beings all motivated by loving kindness; first there is the compassionate generating and sharing of worldly resources and wealth, without discrimination. Secondly, the Buddha-dharma is taught to people in a manner that they can understand, and good advice is always given because the bodhisattva understands the true nature of all things. Thirdly, the bodhisattva demonstrates the karmic benefit of good behaviour for all beings, and that by following the Buddha’s path life can be protected. Fourth, the bodhisattva unites all beings through the example of wisdom and selfless conduct, this achievement is because the true character of all those encountered is fully understood. This is why the path of the Buddha and the Bodhisattva is positive for society and the world.

The Mahayana teaching of the bodhisattva transcends all other paths and is cultivated at its root through meditation and bodily discipline created by following the Buddhist precepts. As the Mahayana – the ‘great path’ - is open to all beings, it may be called universally useful as a teaching. Another of its practices is that of the Pure Land, where chanting the Buddha’s name with a sincere heart eventually wipes away all bad karma and sows the positive karmic seeds of future enlightenment. This direct method is viewed by materialists (who advocate atheism) to be a mere superstitious practice, but they are quite wrong in their assumptions. Mindfulness is a very powerful spiritual practice; it is not comprised of magic or imagination. Praying to the Buddha penetrates the Dharmadhatu, as Mind Ground looks toward Mind Ground. Those without wisdom do not understand this and rely on blind faith; this is why they do not progress in their training.

The bodhisattva path that seeks the supreme Dao is open to any one, male or female, lay-person or monastic. Buddhist cultivation can be practiced within the home, amongst family and friends, or in a setting away from the ordinary dealings of the world. The concept of ‘family’ is extended beyond that of those linked by birth, and incorporates all beings into one great community (datong), based upon compassion and wisdom. In this regard the notion of filial piety is re-interpreted to mean that it is a bodhisattva’s sworn duty to ferry all beings across the sea of samsara to the shores of nirvana.

The opinion of Mr Sun Yat-sen is that: “Buddhism is the essence of benevolence; Buddhism is the mother of philosophy and religion. It is also the foundation of the nation, and supports the nation through its spiritual power. The people can not live without the idea of religion, and Buddhist research methodology can compliment scientific thinking."

Buddhism, through its wisdom and compassion, has the potential to bring the people together both nationally and internationally, into one accord (datong). The Buddhist philosophy has had a beneficial effect upon Chinese academic thought, and it is important that freedom of religion is maintained in China. Buddhism shares a common spiritual essence with Daoism and Confucianism, bringing unity to the three religions. Through the study of the Buddhist method, the mind and body are ordered, and superstition and ignorance are abandoned.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Mahayana teaching of the bodhisattva transcends all other paths and is cultivated at its root through meditation and bodily discipline created by following the Buddhist precepts.

The Mahayana bodhisattva path is a superstition. The original Pali Canon does not mention such a path. Perfection of paramis through countless lifetimes is pure bullshit! The Jataka tales contained in the Theravada basket of literature is also pure bullshit. Crap fantasy stories ...

Another of its practices is that of the Pure Land, where chanting the Buddha’s name with a sincere heart eventually wipes away all bad karma and sows the positive karmic seeds of future enlightenment.

Pure Land is also a superstition! Chanting the Buddha's name can wipe away bad kamma? I might as well seek forgiveness from Jesus Christ! LOL!

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pure land is place, we come from. That is why million of people is Mahayana Amitofo. That is why million of people is Hinayana Medicine. That is why million of people is Jew, Christian and Muslim future sects. Our original teacher is Buddha and it fact. Without him no body can received Nirvana. This is my understanding.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Mahayana bodhisattva path is a superstition. The original Pali Canon does not mention such a path. Perfection of paramis through countless lifetimes is pure bullshit! The Jataka tales contained in the Theravada basket of literature is also pure bullshit. Crap fantasy stories ...

Pure Land is also a superstition! Chanting the Buddha's name can wipe away bad kamma? I might as well seek forgiveness from Jesus Christ! LOL!

Hard to inform these delusional Marayanists that they are suffering from bipolar disorder isn't it?

spudmania

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my humble opinion, Buddha teaches one to attain enlightenment/nirvana within oneself. the are no gods required. for me, attaining enlightenment/nirvana is to when one sees the world beyond the duality of life. Buddha is a teacher and should be revered but why are Buddhist worshipping Buddha like a god when i believe Buddha never said he is god and should be worshipped?

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our monk and Buddhist originally from Hindu and Taoist. West Buddhist Empire had Hindu culture. East Buddhist Empire had Taoist culture. Southeast Buddhist Empire or Asia Pacific had Roman Catholic culture. It is human culture as an error not Buddhism issues. Nirvana is long term meditation and purify from poisons. When we die, our Body is soft and peacefully leave.