• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What Im hating about Singapore more and more

zzx23

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) they are transforming it too fast and too much. why the hell singapore transformed into such a f up place that we cant even recognise anymore? this place belong to govt only?
2) all places that held memories for me are either torn down or replaced with skyscrapers, new buildings or private housing.
3) traffic jams getting worse and worse
4) human traffic in town getting worse and worse
5) orchard & bugis that used to be my favorite hangouts but are now infested and packed with foreigners, bugis (PRC), orchard (filipinos). i no longer feel these places are for locals anymore. it seems to have "transitioned" to be only tourist spots or foreigner playgrounds. no longer comfortable going these places.
6) related to above, singaporeans are now moving out of city (whether by choice or no choice) to suburban malls where its like 2nd class, less shops, less space, less things to see etc.
7) my job requires me to travel around spore alot, especially at night. so i cant help but notice the different lifestyles between foreigners and locals. locals always need to OT till late sometimes till 9pm or 10pm, then after OT go home cos too tired. while ang mors always start heading to bars and clubs and chill out places as early as 6pm to 7pm already sitting there relaxing. open your eyes bigger and you can see ang mors are having a damn good life and the high life in spore. just party and party. sporeans is work and work.
8) most ang mor or foreigners stay in condos or big houses in bkt timah, orchard, stevens, holland, selegie or sentosa cove etc. singaporeans mostly stay hdb or at best outskirts condo in jurong, woodlands or neighbourhood estates. only small proportion in landed. whether whos renting or owning etc is one thing, but just look at the lifestyles. cant help but feel sick. call me a loser or having sour grapes. but only when you see it then you will feel it.
9) more and more luxury cars on the road who drive like its their fathers road.
10) damn alot of road works nowadays. whenever i see, i dont feel happy, because i just feel something bad is coming. more population and more changes and inflation. and deep down i believe they are not building bigger and nicer roads for singaporeans.
11) i feel the govt now is different from the government in the past. they used to care more for the ppl. whether someone truly cares for you onot, you will know. and if you start to feel someone doesn't truly care, most likely you will be right. so trust your feelings.
12) you are proud of MBS and marina area. Let me tell you that i hate it because i know its not built for me and singaporeans. you like it because its a money generating tool for you. and i tell you i never go there and i just chose to avoid it because i cringe with discomfort whenever im there.
13) property was never cheap in SG. in the past though prices were lower but salaries was lower too. but the crux is it based on proportion price vs income was still reachable if you work hard or had a better job and salary. now it is near impossible. you just killed the dreams of many singaporeans to upgrade in quality of life along our lives. either we are stuck in a HDB (which we cannot own) or we can choose to serve a bloody high monthly repayment (cos of the stupid private property price now). ie leaving us with little choice even if we worked hard or have better careers or pay. now all stuck. not that we are materialistic or we want GCBs or millions, but alike job progression, we need to look towards at least some progression in life and comfort right? if in life there is no progression then what is the meaning in life?
14) we are put in a situation that if we have no rich parents, we will have a hard life. because all the rich people and foreigners are pushing all the stupid prices up.
15) more households and families are falling out or have friction because of money and hdb issues
16) more educated and high experienced and skilled singaporeans are doing jobs like taxi drivers now. what is happening?
17) older gen singaporeans in their 60s to 70s still working, as cleaner, taxi drivers, selling papers, in fast food etc. ang mor uncles are already retired and playing with grand children at home and travelling the world at 55yrs on. or sitting in their gardens in their big houses.
18) i hate the fact that i know we are going to be the minority in our own country soon. dont say 2030 ok. i bet it will come much sooner as like happened in the past. i bet before 2020 we will hit 6.9M. i dont trust them anymore.
19) i hate that i cant own much things in SG. it is NOT a land of dreams.
20) i hate the 60%. either you are selfish, blind, deaf, mentally unsound, dont have children, or just dont give a freaking damn.:oIo:
21) lastly, what i hate most is the fact that you said you are going to stay another 10 yrs as leader. to me it as good as another 10yrs of hell and transforming of singapore. the thought of you staying at the top another 10 yrs makes me depressed and no glimmer of hope every single DAY!:mad:

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are signs that sinkie land is sliding backwards instead of moving forward to create better life for local singaporeans. Foreigners are everywhere; FTsh with fake qualifications, foreigners in the vice trade, foreigners committing crimes, foreigners holding PR permits for years and yet owing no allegiance to the country, foreigners able to buy HDB flat to re-sell for huge profits, foreigners flooding the Govt hospitals, foreigners competing with citizens for jobs, housing, medical services, etc. Who comes first in this country? Foreigners or citizens?