• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What I want in A Man!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Employees have a far greater risk of being out of a job at 40 and ending up driving taxis for a living.

LeongSam, I thought you still have a wife? Why are you trying hard to extol the virtues of owning a business. Anyway, a taxi driver meets at least conditions 8 and 10.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK. The 13 most important qualities that I look for in my man are:

1. Honesty
2. Intelligence
3. Nice Smile
4. Sense of Humor
5. Manners
6. Sensitivity
7. Sincerity
8. Gainfully employed
9. Has own place
10. Owns a car
11. Affectionate
12. Considerate
13. Thoughtful

You did not insist that being single was a priority. If that is the case, several people who are extremely strong in the material side will qualify.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
LeongSam, I thought you steal have a wife? Why are you trying hard to extol the virtues of owning a business. Anyway, a taxi driver meets at least conditions 8 and 10.

When you own a business, you're in a position to add value to that business and then sell the business. It's a fast track to financial independence. That's why I recommend it to everyone.

People keep harping on being unable to retire and withdraw their CPF at 55 but I would like to point out that 55 is too old for retirement.

The best time to retire is before 40 when you're still fit, healthy and reasonably creative. You can then launch into other interests you may have secure in the knowledge that you no longer have to worry about money.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you own a business, you're in a position to add value to that business and then sell the business. It's a fast track to financial independence. That's why I recommend it to everyone.

People keep harping on being unable to retire and withdraw their CPF at 55 but I would like to point out that 55 is too old for retirement.

The best time to retire is before 40 when you're still fit, healthy and reasonably creative. You can then launch into other interests you may have secure in the knowledge that you no longer have to worry about money.

When you are in business you are also in a better position to become a bankrupt. As your own boss, you have no one to boss you around but your customer and the market will dictate your income or lack off. It is not so easy to let go of a business and you can be enslaved by your business whether it is doing bad or well. As an employee you have a choice of changing jobs and it is definitely easier to change a job than to sell a business and to rebuild another.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
When you are in business you are also in a better position to become a bankrupt. As your own boss, you have no one to boss you around but your customer and the market will dictate your income or lack off. It is not so easy to let go of a business and you can be enslaved by your business whether it is doing bad or well. As an employee you have a choice of changing jobs and it is definitely easier to change a job than to sell a business and to rebuild another.

I don't know about you but I've tried both sides of the fence and I have to say that I found that working for myself was far easier compared to being at the beck and call of someone else who pays you the same amount every month regardless of the amount of effort you put in.

When you work for yourself, you call the shots, you decide strategy, you decide direction and you determine your own destiny. As an employee, all you're doing is helping someone else get rich. It's frustrating and often demeaning.

As for bankruptcy if you're going to start worrying about that before you've even given it a shot you might as well not get out of bed. Such negativity never helps on the path to success. You don't drive to work thinking you're going to get killed on the road and you don't start a business thinking you're going to go bust or at least I don't.

You might see yourself heading towards bankruptcy when you're running a business but being the boss, it's easy to formulate measures to avert this.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know about you but I've tried both sides of the fence and I have to say that I found that working for myself was far easier compared to being at the beck and call of someone else who pays you the same amount every month regardless of the amount of effort you put in.

I have also played on both sides of the fence, also public and private, local and MNC. Unless you are in a business with a market that is stable and evolutionary in its development, you cannot get away from dynamic changes to the environment, even revolutionary changes which place a lot of stress to your operation. This need to adapt your business continuously is what makes the investment a risky venture and it can be very difficult to get rid of it. The financial return is often no different from having a top job in a good company. Of course you are your boss but it is stressful having to pay your own salary and the salaries of your staff.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The financial return is often no difference from having a top job in a good company. Of course you are your boss but it is stressful having to pay your own salary and the salaries of your staff.

If you land the job as the CEO or high level VP of a large multinational, that may be true. However, as a small player, nothing beats growing your own company.

The returns may not be stellar on a month to month basis. However, if you can turn a $50,000 company into a $5 million company, you don't bother about what you were earning along the way. The windfall comes from cashing out.

The Bay area in SFO is full of multimillionaires between companies. Nobody holds on to their creations for a lifetime. You work 15 hours a day for 3 years and then take a nice long break.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good lah...from "What I want in a Man" to become "Business Talk".

If you land the job as the CEO or high level VP of a large multinational, that may be true. However, as a small player, nothing beats growing your own company.

The returns may not be stellar on a month to month basis. However, if you can turn a $50,000 company into a $5 million company, you don't bother about what you were earning along the way. The windfall comes from cashing out.

The Bay area in SFO is full of multimillionaires between companies. Nobody holds on to their creations for a lifetime. You work 15 hours a day for 3 years and then take a nice long break.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good lah...from "What I want in a Man" to become "Business Talk".

This is the beauty of SBF. You'll never know how the thread turns out eventually. What started out as an attention seeking thread turned out to be one that could turn anyone of us into millionaires in the near future.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder what type of woman a man like..

1. Talk less
2. Dumb (act dumb also can)
3. Do not surf Sammboy site

Marilyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may think that I want someone who is buffed and tanned and looks like a bodybuilder model from GQ. Those things are nice and yes I like to look at those guys, but just like you don't need for me to look like Victoria Secret models I don't require it in my man.

OK. The 13 most important qualities that I look for in my man are:

1. Honesty
2. Intelligence
3. Nice Smile
4. Sense of Humor
5. Manners
6. Sensitivity
7. Sincerity
8. Gainfully employed
9. Has own place
10. Owns a car
11. Affectionate
12. Considerate
13. Thoughtful

Die...my husband has none of the qualities listed above...
He's bad tempered, foul-mouthed, got bad teeth, not very smart and earn less than me...but he loves me.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
then dun bluff... you just love his dick. That's why youre still with him.

He's bad tempered, foul-mouthed, got bad teeth, not very smart and earn less than me...but he loves me.

Marilyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
then dun bluff... you just love his dick. That's why youre still with him.

heehee...not much action there leh...he's on Propecia, which reminds me...he's follicularly-challenged too.
Sometimes when his foul temper gets to me, I wonder why I stick around...

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

TS can take married man too. Single is not in the list stated.

Anyone with a dick and pretend to her requirement can apply.
Some man can act better than Tom Cruise. Just to get a girl to bed.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just my 8 riels worth.

Any union between a man and a woman is doomed to fail. Both goes into the relationship with completely different mindsets and expectations.

From the viewpoint of the woman: Hmm... not bad looking, doesn't earn much, smokes, farts in his sleep, gambles, BUT I'll make him change once we're married

A man's viewpoint: Wow, big tits, tiny waist, pert butt, fucks like a rabbit and blows like a chimney. I hope she doesn't change a bit after we're married.

The sad thing is, the man will NOT change; the woman will.

So how long will the relationship lasts based the that foundation?