• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happened to Vivian Balakrishnan?

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mind him speaking. He is not too bad.
BUT I get very pissed off when that Halimah from NTUC speaks
Do not understand why she gets interviewed TV on every
issue. Most of time saying things that is already obvious
She comes across as a boot licker and a parrot.

Agree with your observation.

You would get to see her being interviewed on TV on almost every issue. And yes, most of the time, she is making comments which are obvious, of no depth, no value. This type of comment is usually uttered by those who are shallow-pated.

But there must be some reasons for this arrangement. May be they believe this is one way to placate a certain segment of the community. To project an impression that views of the community she represents are actively sought.

iamelite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think he's already sidelined.. and overshoned by the emerging Teo Ser Luck.
PAP bring Vivian in last time 'coz he was seen as a link to the younger generation (that time pap have too many old men at the job)..

but you can see now pap alot of youngsters... and teo ser luck happens to be the most "charming" and he have thus far perform to expectation.

I expect great things from teo ser luck.. i mean as in his future is bright..

iamelite

Alfrescian
Loyal
or another conjecture might be...
vivian was well-known to be vocal about PAP politics when he was just an outsider.
PAP brought him in and try to innoculate PAP values into him.
But Vivian might still be a vocal critic inside PAP and Teo Ser luck seems to be easier to work with... so PAP sidelined vivian?

All are pure speculation ...

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think he's already sidelined.. and overshoned by the emerging Teo Ser Luck.
PAP bring Vivian in last time 'coz he was seen as a link to the younger generation (that time pap have too many old men at the job)..

but you can see now pap alot of youngsters... and teo ser luck happens to be the most "charming" and he have thus far perform to expectation.

I expect great things from teo ser luck.. i mean as in his future is bright..

Please do not insult Vivian by comparing him with Tio Si Luck. Vibian is a scholar, top debater, top student, etc.

What is Tio? Only a arse licker who looks really psycho when being interviewed on TV. If these are the only people that are liked by the old faggots, S'pore have a BIG probvlem. In fact we already are in dodo.

iamelite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't insulting vivian in any way. I was just speculating on the reason why he is becoming quieter lately.. and you can see his portfolio changes to see whether he is upcoming or being sidelined.

As for you, by saying that I am insulting Vivian (who is a scholar) by comparing him against Teo Ser Luck (a non-scholar)... Aren't you perpetrating the same mindset of the elites?