• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What exactly did Old Fart do when he was working for the Imperial Japanese Army?

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
What was the nature and duties of his job when Old Fart was working for the Imperial Japanese Army?

Did he help the Japs to undermine and crush local resistance groups?

Although my family has never been wealthy, I am proud that my maternal grandfather was martyred for being a member of a local resistance group which was trying to liberate Sinkieland from the Japs.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What was the nature and duties of his job when Old Fart was working for the Imperial Japanese Army?

Although my family has never been wealthy, I am proud that my maternal grandfather was martyred for being a member of a local resistance group which was trying to liberate Sinkieland from the Japs.

My granduncle was murdered by the Japanese. He was rounded up with a bunch of other young men in the neighbourhood, brought to the japanese HQ, and never seen again. Lee Con You is a real fucking asshole for working with them. If we have the balls of the French, we would hunted down all these traitors after the wall and executed them. His pathetic reason as explained in his book was that he had to make a living during the war. So what? Everyone had to survive in the war too, so how did those other people survived without working for the Japs? He so smart, he can't figure out a way to do it without working for the Japs?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
translate English to Japanese

he is a smartie to learn enough Japanese by age 19 (1942) to be a translator during Japanese occupation, but not smart enough to learn Chinese until age 32...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Kuan_Yew
"Lee started learning Chinese in 1955 at age 32, before which he was illiterate in Chinese. Lee also learned Japanese as an adult and he worked as a Japanese translator during the Japanese occupation of Singapore."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being an informer for the kempeitai, he wore a mask and pointed to some prisoners to be taken away for torture. 汉奸. :biggrin:

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
translate English to Japanese

You mean Old Fart helped the Japs to exterminate the Brits who were trying to liberate Sinkieland?

BTW I read somewhere that during the japanese invasion of Sinkieland, many ang mohs of many nationalities were imprisoned. I supposed Old Fart had a hand in it?

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....So what? Everyone had to survive in the war too, so how did those other people survived without working for the Japs? He so smart, he can't figure out a way to do it without working for the Japs?

Totally agree.

After my maternal grandfather was tortured and killed by the Japs, my maternal grandmother was left to care for her daughters. (She had no sons). She had to work as a coolie and during the Jap invasion, she and her daughters had only tapioca, swee potatoes for meals. No rice whatsoever, not even rice water.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for bringing this up. running doggies will be running doggies. most disappointing is there are the pappies chee bye kias who will worship running dogs.

there is no such thing as earning a living during japanese occupations, either you live with honour or live as running doggies. LEE KUAN YEW work for the kempeitais to murder singaporean cinas. This cannot be forgotten. Although the media has tried to block such news and articles.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
translator is the official job title given to the informer or hanjian then. the Japanese war records confirmed it. tv dramas also show it, the hanjian are all officially called translators.

knn. must report our two hanjian to the United Nations WW2 war crimes committee...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
translator is the official job title given to the informer or hanjian then. the Japanese war records confirmed it. tv dramas also show it, the hanjian are all officially called translators.

knn. must report our two hanjian to the United Nations WW2 war crimes committee...

who is the other one?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

and even more disappointing is running doggies can become 'founding fathers' of a fishing village or swamp.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He and Prata man were licensed to loot goods such as rubber, tin and finished products stored in godowns.

He accumulated a little fortune which he used it to pay for his tertiary studies in the UK.

I learned about this episode from my close friend whose father who was close to old fart's family and it was old fart who gave him permission to loot the godowns by the lorries with the protection of armed Japanese soldiers.

My friend's father was only a clerk before the war, but after S'pore was liberated, he was wealthy enough to start his own import/export business and became a huge land owner.

He passed away a multi-billionaire in 2005.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He and Prata man were licensed to loot goods such as rubber, tin and finished products stored in godowns.

He accumulated a little fortune which he used it to pay for his tertiary studies in the UK.

I learned about this episode from my close friend whose father who was close to old fart's family and it was old fart who gave him permission to loot the godowns by the lorries with the protection of armed Japanese soldiers.

My friend's father was only a clerk before the war, but after S'pore was liberated, he was wealthy enough to start his own import/export business and became a huge land owner.

Wow, in that case Old Fart is worse than a hanjian; he's also a thief.

PAP supporters, your god is a fraud.

Founding father of modern Singapore... :rolleyes: :kma:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this must never be forgotten. old fuck no matter how try to delete history also cannot delete history.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oic thanks for the insight.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this must never be forgotten. old fuck no matter how try to delete history also cannot delete history.

our forefathers very stupid then. they didn't slaughter him after the war and later gave him the votes to be King of Island up to today.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our forefathers very stupid then. they didn't slaughter him after the war and later gave him the votes to be King of Island up to today.
this i really don't know what to say, only hope next generations have eyes wide open to see. traitor is traitor.