• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of Dyson bladeless fan ?

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://kdk.jp/aboutus_our_brand.aspx

"KDK is the short form for Kawakita Denki Kigyosha, which is the brand name, used by Panasonic Ecology Systems Co. Ltd. KDK now is one of the world leaders in producing high quality and high performance ventilating products. 2009 is KDK’s 100th anniversary, it symbolizes KDK has already achieved a top-brand position in the past century."

I always thought KDK was a China brand - meaning See Ghost Brand.

Kwa Dtiok Kui.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only thing good about Dyson is its vacuum cleaners, I swear by it been using them for many years.

Yes for fan KDK the best, cannot find it in Thailand so got to carry it here.

Mitsubishi which manufactures it's fan in Thailand dominates the fan market.
KDK has yet to penetrate the Thai market , it has made headway in Vietnam though.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thinking of getting one. It's a wonderful invention. Safe for the kids.

Wonder if it's durable.

An overpriced fan.
KDK fan would serve the purpose just as well.
Had one KDK fan, that lasted more than 10 years.....how's that for reliability.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try this museum piece, for posterity :p

images

Or tried and trusted hand driven :p

images

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
An overpriced fan.
KDK fan would serve the purpose just as well.
Had one KDK fan, that lasted more than 10 years.....how's that for reliability.

Aesthetics is a consideration. It's space constraint and I need to mount it on the wall. It mustn't look like kopitiam fan. :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
once I download manual from KDK but the pic is a Panasonic fan.:p

Kdk, Panasonic and Mitsubishi fans parts are interchangeable. All three companies are making the same models in different brand badges only. I ever brought a replacement fan blade from kdk for a Panasonic fan. Next time u guys in Harvey Norman fan department, look at these three brands carefully, can see they look similar and have same functions.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kdk, Panasonic and Mitsubishi fans parts are interchangeable. All three companies are making the same models in different brand badges only. I ever brought a replacement fan blade from kdk for a Panasonic fan. Next time u guys in Harvey Norman fan department, look at these three brands carefully, can see they look similar and have same functions.

Panasonic and KDK are just like Toyota and Lexus , parts are 99% comparable.
Mitsubishi stands out on it's own though.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i use mistral, they claim to give 10 years guarantee on the motor n they r few and in between with the 18" diameter stand fan

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever I am at my computer I always have the fan to cool things down. Sometimes using the aircon is overkill.
The Panasonic(KDK) fan has a Yuragi function which simulates natural breeze.

http://kdk.jp/yuragi.aspx

I use aircon not so much for the cooling effect but because I need to keep the windows shut and room quiet.

At night I usually switch on the fan. As long as the fan is not blowing directly at you, it's okay.

applejuice

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that KDK fan is the best. I have been using it for the past 15 years and it is still good.

However, I stop buying Jap goods because of the atrocities they committed during WW2 and refusing to acknowledge it.

Please tell me which non jap brand fan is good.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kdk fan is so old school... So many uncle here.. If u wanna know if u like the fan.. Just fucking buy it lah and try it.. It is not that expensive wah...

KNNBHCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kdk fan is so old school... So many uncle here.. If u wanna know if u like the fan.. Just fucking buy it lah and try it.. It is not that expensive wah...

Fuck you lah, it is not just expensive or not. It is the quality the fan give - quiet, good wind stream & reliable.

What for buy cheap ones that never last and noisy like fuck?