• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of Chinaman owned LocaL restaurants ?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do I think of Ah Tiong owned food places?

I'd rather not risk eating there. Sorry for those of them who are trying hard to make an honest living - they have a poor reputation to overcome first.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never eat those ma la steamboat along the stretch of Beach road / Geylang road, its dirty...... See many Sinkies eating here I shakes my head....

My best memories of steamboat was at Whampoa hawker centre. It was a family gathering with relatives. I was only a kid, and it was in the mid-late 1980s. Not Sichuan steamboat or BBQ/Korean steamboat or other fancy shabu shabu wannabes.... just the normal Singapore Chinese version.

After so many donkey years, I still remember the 'Whampoa' name. That should tell you how good the food/experience was.

Also, back in the 1980s, drinks came in glass bottles with a metal cap. Doesn't matter if it is coke or Yeo Hiap Seng drinks or soya bean milk.

Another okay one is at AMK central. This was with friends back in the late 1990s. Back then, AMK Emporium which was nearby, was still in business.