• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What are the concrete pillars in front of bus-stops use for?

Hewlett

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure most people have notice nowadays there are those concrete pillars build in front of bus-stops.

What are these standing pillars use for? I saw alot of times that people getting down from the bus, they nearly bang the pillars by accident especially the old people. I am just curious what are these pillars use for? Aren't they blocking the way when commuters want to board and alight the bus? I am worried for those young children and old people.

Hewlett

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is to prevent those kamikaze drivers from ploughing into the bus stop

Ya but don't you think its a lousy idea of doing this? They have been investing lots of money to upgrade the buses and buildings for the handicapped for the ageing population for an obstruction-free environment. But aren't these pillars an obstruction? Young children love to run around and its a risk for them if they do not notice it and will bang into one. When the alight-entrance is stop in front of the pillar, the old people also will sometimes bang into it by accident. I saw a few cases before and I don't know how those handicapped can cope with it.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
you've been away or head stuck in sand? there were a few high profile accidents of cars ploughing into busstops killing innocent people. then lta intrduced these bollards to prevent similar accidents

jw5

Loyal
Ya but don't you think its a lousy idea of doing this? They have been investing lots of money to upgrade the buses and buildings for the handicapped for the ageing population for an obstruction-free environment. But aren't these pillars an obstruction? Young children love to run around and its a risk for them if they do not notice it and will bang into one. When the alight-entrance is stop in front of the pillar, the old people also will sometimes bang into it by accident. I saw a few cases before and I don't know how those handicapped can cope with it.
Should the young children be running around at a bus stop?

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your children love to play at the bus stop please dont kpkb when they get know down by bus. the bus stop is no playground.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the pillar so big in front also cannot see and bang onto them, can blame who? A bit of convenience for the safety of all waiting at the bus stop, I think it is OK.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember there was a case about 10 years ago when a speeding WRX crashed into a bus stop and killed a couple of people

johnboy_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember there was a case about 10 years ago when a speeding WRX crashed into a bus stop and killed a couple of people

That was at Bendemeer Road, near the Civil Defence Camp and that siao beng was speeding to meet my muther to have sex with her. Fucker after that still dare to blame my muther for the accident but then my muther deserves to be fucked by that siao beng anyway. Because I have always liked to watch them at it in bed. My muther made me hide in the closet to watch and learn. ROTFLOL.LMAO.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
the bollards are set there to make things difficult for the public.
difficult to board the bus
difficult to alight from bus
difficult for crazy taxis to pick-up/ drop passengers off
difficult for mad drivers to take more lives with them when they suicide