• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What a Classic Beauty - Alfa Romeo Giulia GT

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
That looks like my father's old Datsun.
Datsuns won't sound the same. Ride quality is way above datsun standard. The gear ratio( manual) all well spaced. Steering nicely weighted. And since lancia was under Fiat group, its engine was reliable.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Datsuns won't sound the same. Ride quality is way above datsun standard. The gear ratio( manual) all well spaced. Steering nicely weighted. And since lancia was under Fiat group, its engine was reliable.
Uhmm I think we were talking about looks only

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm still waiting for this.
1608092669241.png

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Nice...

I also like the Karmann Ghia and Triumph GT6 from that era...
Between the italians, Germans and the Brits, I think the Triumphs are lower maintenance, parts are more accessible, straight forward engineering too. The GT6 isn't that common, it's the one with six cylinders? SU carburettors too I think, like the Spitfire and the MGs. The Karmann Ghia has lots of mojo, rear engine, twin Solex carburettors. The good old days of everything mechanical, we can even tune the carburettors ourselves to adjust fuel mixture.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Between the italians, Germans and the Brits, I think the Triumphs are lower maintenance, parts are more accessible, straight forward engineering too. The GT6 isn't that common, it's the one with six cylinders? SU carburettors too I think, like the Spitfire and the MGs. The Karmann Ghia has lots of mojo, rear engine, twin Solex carburettors. The good old days of everything mechanical, we can even tune the carburettors ourselves to adjust fuel mixture.
That brand has g9ne for good as a car maker, but I think they still make bikes and bras.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I mean look at this one. Why buy a ferrari when you have slfas.

Alfa Romeo 4C Spider 33 Stradale Tributo – 33-unit limited run for the US; homage to mid-engined classic

Five years on from the debut of the production Alfa Romeo 4C Spider comes a modern-day homage to the Italian automaker’s 1967 33 Stradale mid-engined classic – the 4C Spider 33 Stradale Tributo. Just 33 units of these will be bound for the United States market, and this wears a red finish on its visible carbon-fibre monocoque to go with its Rosso Villa d’Este tri-coat exterior paint.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If one does not have upwards of US$50 mil to splash on a 1962-64 Ferrari 250 GTO, there's always the 1963-67 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ. Only US$200K-300K.

Technoclassica_%20_Alfa%20Romeo_1964_TZ-2_Coupe_%20_.JPG
alfa-romeo-tz1-zagato-02.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 98880

Drove one of these on north south expressway at 200km/ hr. When it was possible back then due to low traffic. Must watch out for lorries overtaking as from far, if you do not brake early, msy end up underneath them quite literally. For lorry drivers, they do not expect you to drive do fast.
Italian cars have emotions. You can feel their passion in design and manufacturing. It feels alive when driving them unlike say german or Japanese cars.

The Fiat 124 Sports of 1971 -74 looked like this one. What model is this?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
StewPIG Ang mohs make lousy cars. Very soon, will not be able to tua pao sian “made in EU”, must change label to made “made in Inkland” ...... hahaha

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Such a shame that a name of such heritage is perishing. Compared to Bianchi which has been far more successful and flow with the times