• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Werid Sounding Surnames...

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got back from a business dinner with a potential client... This guy is a American guy working in NY.... He says,"Hi my name is Jason.... Jason Lampa!"
I almost choked on my glass of water and had to reaealllllly compose myself before I could introduce myself. He said, "I work in NY!"..... I said, "Good for you... you have left me a deep impression! I am sure the locals will not forget Foreign Talents like you...."
:biggrin:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i used to have an email list with tons funny combo of chinese/dialect surname with christain name

eg Monica Chan = touch your backside

who have that list? haha

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
His name is in English. You find it funny in your own dialect.

Who knows, someone on the other side of the world could be making fun of your name because it sounds funny in their own language/dialect.

In the end, it is nothing but an immature and childish joke that runs rampant among primary school children.

Try laughing out loud in front of them, and tell them that the reason is because their names are funny. Even better, tell your other business associates to stop any dealings with them because their names are funny.

Let's see what happens.:smile:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wait till this angmo encounter a chinese named Bronco Tan, or Apache Lee, than it will be his turn to laugh.

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got back from a business dinner with a potential client... This guy is a American guy working in NY.... He says,"Hi my name is Jason.... Jason Lampa!"
I almost choked on my glass of water and had to reaealllllly compose myself before I could introduce myself. He said, "I work in NY!"..... I said, "Good for you... you have left me a deep impression! I am sure the locals will not forget Foreign Talents like you...."
:biggrin:

ChannelNewsAsia has LynLee Foo.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try these:

Tony Woodcock (England, Arsenal and Cologne footballer in 70s and 80s)

Nicky Butt (England and Manchester United footballer in 90s and 2000s)

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago at the S'pore Poly, there were two close friends. One is called Yew Keng Fatt and his buddy's name is Soh Kian Wee.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
came across vietnamese names in the bay area:

phuc dat ho

phuc mi

phuc dat bich

dung hai le

luong duong

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
russian medical expert at circumcision: dr. igor kachyorkorkov

japanese medical expert at constipation: dr. ishida hikanashita

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Late Singapore High Court Judge Lai Kew Chai. His Chinese name was 黎嘉才 (meaning happy talent) but the romanised version sure sounds like 来求财 (meaning coming for fortune).