• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wendy's reopen at Liat Towers tomorrow Fri

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought you're into advocating health food, not junk food. :biggrin:

How do you think I lost my health?
I've been to many burger joints: Johnny Rockets, Harveys, A&W, Burger King, Wendy, MacD, Popeyes, Ramlis, Jackies Bowl, the nameless stall at the Car Park,. ...

I have to admit I was a junkie. Have remained clean for years :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you think I lost my health?
I've been to many burger joints: Johnny Rockets, Harveys, A&W, Burger King, Wendy, MacD, Popeyes, Ramlis, Jackies Bowl, the nameless stall at the Car Park,. ...

I have to admit I was a junkie. Have remained clean for years :smile:

How do you resist the temptation of not going in, when you are hungry & there is not a food joint in sight?

Your sa li va must be dripping all over your mouth...:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you resist the temptation of not going in, when you are hungry & there is not a food joint in sight?

Your sa li va must be dripping all over your mouth...:biggrin:

Got to admit that some of the burgers were good but none from present day Spore. The burger from Jackies Bowl was good but it was actually the relish & chilly sauce that I remember.

A&W hamburgers from Canada were good because of the bacon, cheese, seasoning, pickles,.... You could actually taste something. The one's in Malaysia & Indonesia can't maken it. Bacon is not halal so the fried bits they use are quite tasteless. The cheese & seasoning are tasteless, maybe because they don't use enough?

I remember the burgers from Harvey because they just gave you 2 buns & a cooked patty & it it was up to you to add all the extras tomatoes, lettuce, sauces etc

I guess to have a good burgers you must have generous helpings of tomatoes, lettuce, pickles,..., condiments, which you will not find in cost conscious Spore. You might have the quantity in Carl's Jr but their burger uses too much onions & seasoning.

So it's quite easy for me to skip the burger joints even though I'm hungry, it's preferable to the bloated feeling I get from eating at Carl's Jr :smile:

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know what? Beef and REAL bacon goes together. So I would rate the best burgers are from Carl's Jnr. which is not halal. Rather expensive though. To shit with those halal burgers from McD and BK etc. Today, actually improvise by buying a Big Mac home and fry my own bacon and egg to top it with the Big Mac. Taste was heavenly. Sedap tak halal. Try it brother.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know what? Beef and REAL bacon goes together. So I would rate the best burgers are from Carl's Jnr. which is not halal. Rather expensive though. To shit with those halal burgers from McD and BK etc. Today, actually improvise by buying a Big Mac home and fry my own bacon and egg to top it with the Big Mac. Taste was heavenly. Sedap tak halal. Try it brother.

If you really want to find out what a true hamburger is, must go to the US or Canada. There are many mom & pop burger joints there. I've had a chance to try some of them & they are different from the chain stores. You will find variations in their fries, bread, sauces,... I remember in one place they used large chunky potatoes with skin intact to make their fries. Many places have their own secret sauce :smile:

In my opinion the burgers in Carl Jr uses too much sweet sauce. The burger is also american sized, too big for asian stomachs :biggrin: I always leave feeling uncomfortably stuffed.

If you are ever in Bangkok can try the burger being sold by the mobile vendor in front of THE famous NANA plaza. It's actually not bad. Maybe because it's simple & you get to watch to watch your burger cooking & the roaming chickens :smile:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
i really pity all the tenants in the basement of liat towers & lucky plaza. they need to use sandbag to erect a permanent GPMG post.