• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Well done Thailand !

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must state these facts on the record:

1. First of all, PM Samak has no reason to leave his post.

2. This is because he has made no attempt to acquire extraordinary powers as PM(amending the constitution to reduce the military influence is only correct because if it wasn't reduced, military oversight would hamper democratic development; in almost all democratic countries, and in Taiwan, the oversight of the military has been removed and have shifted the control to civilians for precisely this: a civilian government should have control of the armed forces and not the other way around. I mean, have you seen the US armed forces rising against the federal government?)

3. His party doesn't control 2/3 majority of Parliament. His government is a coalition of 7 parties which barely scrapped the 51% majority. This is unlike in 2006 when Thaksin had controlled over 2/3 majority through his Thai Rak Thai party.

4. The opposition parties in the Thai government are stronger and act as a safeguard.

5. The PAD has little support in the capital- unlike in 2006 when Bangkok residents joined hands with the military and monarchy to overthrow the Thaksin administration.

6. Most importantly, the PAD is not actually a left-wing opposition movement. Its leaders are unsurprisingly elites from the monarchy and military- and they aren't even democratic. They want the government to act violently against them, so that they can launch a counter-coup, violent if necessary, to overthrow an legitimately elected government, which was elected last year in an election which was free and fair.

7. If the PAD manages to overthrow the government, the Thai people will suffer when they try to close up the country again. After all the genie cannot be put back into the bottle.

8. Besides, don't mix up personal revenge for justice. They are two completely different things. Revenge is about making yourself feel better; justice is about applying the law in a fair fashion that weights the conclusion of both sides and coming to a final conclusion that suits the situation.

I kind of agree with what you say, PAD do has a agenda as to why they are causing all these mess. Latest_H, you place sound argument, without losing the main focus of the problem, which most retards here do when they are placing an argument. You are in my UP list next. :smile:

Argument: Precise, concise, logical and most importantly, objective. :smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i dun agree with you , i am consider childish and vague. Amazing. So your view is high up and should be respected? Give me a break.

That is what the situation is and how the thai pple feel. If the thai pple do not support the PAD protest and then why so many are there to gather there, why the money donation and free food. More are going tomorrow and sunday.

The truth is the protest is going on now and the samuk might be thrown out of the window soon. :-) The people must be happy with the govt for the existence of the leader and the govt to be in place. That is the main thing. ( sinkie and Singaporeans, pls take note of this sentence)

BTW, being happy and fed up with the leader is an emotional thing. Leaders should take note of that too.

He is right, I also do feel you are very childish.

Anyway, if the protestors are right to overthrow the government this way, PAD becomes the new government? Or another party they like to be the new government? These people suka suka do things like this.

Okay, maybe have it their way, bring down the government. Then new leader become PM. Then what happens, you like this leader but another 50,000 thais don't like. They follow the same method and go to streets, demonstrations swell up the numbers and the leader that you like gets overthrown again. Every year like this, the Thais must be very free.

What is the point of an election then? Might as well, don't waste money print election posters, or print votes, just let demostrators choose what they want.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The PAD knows that even if the Thai Parliament is dissolved and call for new Elections, the PPP will win again!!

So instead of going by democratic means, the PAD chose violence.

PAD wants the Elites to control the rest of the nation. All the rural poor in the provinces listen to them. Just like the old Siam!!

eErotica696969696969

bakaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
r23555345693bu.jpg

First Msia, now Thailand! When will it be...

Is this a sign?...Is it time?....But do we have such a leader? haiz.....:confused:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The truth is that people are fed up with that samuk. His PR skills is sored to the core. The govt leaders are there is because of people support and it is not the rule and law that support.

Chances are given to him to correct and improve things around thailand but he just too useless to get things done. People have lose their patience and people want him out. Rules are insignificant when the citizens are fed up with him.

You said 1 million people protest, where did you get that figure?

You said people wants Samak out, let's see if the Thai Parliament is dissolved soon, will PPP win again or not. THe lousy PAD wants a new Parliament with 30% of seats nominated!! What a joke!!

Majority of the Thai are happy with PPP! Only a small number of urban elite and their running dogs are unhappy. They try to create violence to induce a coup. They know that PPP still have the mandate of the majority of the Thai people!

eErotica696969696969696969

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
the thai ppl r a very difficult bunch of ppl to please. they once had a strong leader who helped the kingdom sail thru economic crisis, help the rural province propel businesses & returns thru international links, did quite a fair bit of house cleaning for drug peddlers, but the military joker had to pull the handbrake while cruising. (coup)

after the chaotic uncertainties, elections over & over again. now with the new PM who's yet to warm the seat, they want him off. if they could just get on with their lives to work for their bacon, there'd be less for them to complain about.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Majority of the Thai are happy with PPP! Only a small number of urban elite and their running dogs are unhappy. They try to create violence to induce a coup. They know that PPP still have the mandate of the majority of the Thai people!

eErotica696969696969696969

Those who said upheld democracy and yet uses demostrations, protest to want the government to change hands. (govt is people elected) Then there are those in this forum who said they want democracy and yet supports these protests.

I wonder what is their definition of democracy when they don't respect it at all.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
people keep saying about freedom of speech,democracy.
just look at the protest at Thailand,do we really want this type of thing here.

Babu_Singh

Thais in Bangkok are doing a great job !

It's judgement day for Samak the Thugsin puppet.

There will be bloodshed if Samak dont baleh kampong.

If God dont forbid, may it happen to PAP bastards--old or young.

May the mighty force be with the Thais.

I've stayed in BKK for 2 years.

The above you wrote obviously showed you know NUTS about thai politic.
:mad:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kind of agree with what you say, PAD do has a agenda as to why they are causing all these mess. Latest_H, you place sound argument, without losing the main focus of the problem, which most retards here do when they are placing an argument. You are in my UP list next. :smile:

Argument: Precise, concise, logical and most importantly, objective. :smile:

Its my pleasure. Besides its only basic that someone offers up a dissent view. If we all only agree with each other 24/7, this place would be boring indeed.

Still, I don't argue for the sake of arguing. That's not why I'm here. So we must remain flexible.