• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Well done Thailand !

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thais in Bangkok are doing a great job !

It's judgement day for Samak the Thugsin puppet.

There will be bloodshed if Samak dont baleh kampong.

If God dont forbid, may it happen to PAP bastards--old or young.

May the mighty force be with the Thais.

[/COLOR]
BANGKOK (AFP) - - Thai protesters scuffled with police Friday as tensions flared at the besieged Bangkok government compound, with signs of escalating turmoil in the kingdom testing the premier's peaceful resolve.

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej has so far kept his promise not to use violence to end the massive demonstrations demanding his resignation -- the biggest challenge to his authority since he took power seven months ago.

Up to 25,000 demonstrators have barricaded themselves in the government complex in the capital, accusing Samak of being a figurehead for ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra and insisting he must step down.

The anti-government campaign also appeared to be broadening, with protests forcing the temporary closure of three airports in popular tourist destinations in southern Thailand.

A small group of riot police forced their way into the grounds of Government House on Friday, while skirmishes broke out as police used shields and batons to prevent angry mobs from entering the compound, an AFP correspondent saw.

"Police will still adhere to my earlier order -- they merely went to post a court order, not to clear protesters," Samak told reporters, referring to a court injunction ordering protesters to vacate the site.

"I will not quit. At this moment, I will not declare emergency rule, I will wait and see tomorrow," he told reporters later Friday.

Deputy national police spokesman Major General Surapol Tuanthong said the crowds had swelled and 25,000 people were now in the grounds of the compound. He said no one was arrested, but two police officers were hurt in the scuffles.

As the situation spiralled Friday, the powerful army chief again reassured the nation that the military would not intervene unless asked.

"There will be no coup because a coup will not be able to solve the problems," General Anupong Paojinda told reporters, adding: "I am confident that police are able to oversee the situation."

Police, however, appeared to be struggling to contain the demonstrators, with Surapol telling AFP that all the officers who were stationed inside the compound had now withdrawn because of the risk of clashes.

"There are now up to three thousand police deployed outside Government House," Surapol said.

The People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) has been demonstrating against Samak for months, but events took a new turn on Tuesday when protesters stormed a TV station and barricaded themselves inside the Government House grounds.

The courts have ordered the protesters to leave the site and issued arrest warrants for nine of the ringleaders on charges including rebellion.

Sondhi Limthongkul, a media tycoon and key PAD leader, told protesters to prepare themselves for "judgement day."

"We will not let anyone control our fate. We will write our fate on our own," he told screaming crowds.

Outside Bangkok, thousands of protesters forced the closure of three airports in the south. Phuket International Airport was the first to shut its doors after PAD sympathisers invaded the runway.

Similar rallies soon prompted officials to close Hat Yai and Krabi airports.

"Officials are unable to operate," said Sereerat Prasutanont, president of government operator Airports of Thailand. "The duration of the closure will depend on how the situation develops."

The State Railways of Thailand said 248 drivers and mechanics called in sick on Friday, halting of a quarter of all services in the kingdom.

The PAD -- which despite its name is trying to bring down Samak's elected government -- began its campaign at the end of May, just over three months after the coalition government was formed.

PAD protests helped lead to the 2006 coup that unseated Thaksin, and the entry into government of his ally Samak has infuriated the country's old power elites in the military and palace.

They also object to Samak's plans to amend a constitution drafted and approved under military rule following the coup.

A poll Wednesday showed the majority of Bangkok residents were fed up with the protesters claiming loyalty to the revered monarchy.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This samuk is call the one who eat and complain. What can a leader do if he is like that.

The thais take leave and go to protest. Many are staff workers. They are so united and come together to throw out the useless leader. Sinkie got a lot to learn from them. No personal agenda or motive, just one united soul to throw out the useless.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must state these facts on the record:

1. First of all, PM Samak has no reason to leave his post.

2. This is because he has made no attempt to acquire extraordinary powers as PM(amending the constitution to reduce the military influence is only correct because if it wasn't reduced, military oversight would hamper democratic development; in almost all democratic countries, and in Taiwan, the oversight of the military has been removed and have shifted the control to civilians for precisely this: a civilian government should have control of the armed forces and not the other way around. I mean, have you seen the US armed forces rising against the federal government?)

3. His party doesn't control 2/3 majority of Parliament. His government is a coalition of 7 parties which barely scrapped the 51% majority. This is unlike in 2006 when Thaksin had controlled over 2/3 majority through his Thai Rak Thai party.

4. The opposition parties in the Thai government are stronger and act as a safeguard.

5. The PAD has little support in the capital- unlike in 2006 when Bangkok residents joined hands with the military and monarchy to overthrow the Thaksin administration.

6. Most importantly, the PAD is not actually a left-wing opposition movement. Its leaders are unsurprisingly elites from the monarchy and military- and they aren't even democratic. They want the government to act violently against them, so that they can launch a counter-coup, violent if necessary, to overthrow an legitimately elected government, which was elected last year in an election which was free and fair.

7. If the PAD manages to overthrow the government, the Thai people will suffer when they try to close up the country again. After all the genie cannot be put back into the bottle.

8. Besides, don't mix up personal revenge for justice. They are two completely different things. Revenge is about making yourself feel better; justice is about applying the law in a fair fashion that weights the conclusion of both sides and coming to a final conclusion that suits the situation.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are more than 1 million Thai protestors gathered at the govt house. The police wanted to catch the 7 protest leaders but the female protesters volunteer as security guard to protect the protest leader. ( amazing thai women, not only they have the beauty, they have the courage as well. I LOVE THAI WOMEN )

Food sellers go there to prepare food for the protestor free of charge and monetary donation for the protest amount to $100 million baht, transfer of the money to the bank account is so frequent and it jammed the system of money transfer.

Thai people are amazing, and i have the utmost respect for them.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The truth is that people are fed up with that samuk. His PR skills is sored to the core. The govt leaders are there is because of people support and it is not the rule and law that support.

Chances are given to him to correct and improve things around thailand but he just too useless to get things done. People have lose their patience and people want him out. Rules are insignificant when the citizens are fed up with him.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are more than 1 million Thai protestors gathered at the govt house. The police wanted to catch the 7 protest leaders but the female protestor volunteer as security guard to protect the protest leader. ( amazing thai women)

Food sellers go there to prepare food for the protestor free of charge and monetary donation for the protest amount to $100 million baht, transfer of the money to the bank account is so frequent and it jam the money transfer.

Thai people are amazing, and i have the utmost respect for them.

Wrong revolution, you are supporting dude. Don't let your hatred for Thaksin and the PAP cloud your judgment. Its about stepping back, evaluating the facts that's in front of you and making the right decisions about the long term.

In any case, if Samak leaves, who will take over? Another military junta? How many coups do you all want until the guy you like takes over?

Do you think a country's future is like playing Football Manager- restarting the game again and again just because you, as Real Madrid, lost a game to Barcelona?

The truth is that people are fed up with that samuk. His PR skills is sored to the core. The govt leaders are there is because of people support and it is not the rule and law that support.

Chances are given to him to correct and improve things around thailand but he just too useless to get things done. People have lose their patience and people want him out. Rules are insignificant when the citizens are fed up with him.

How many people exactly? Do they have the support of the majority of Bangkok residents? Don't you have specific numbers- instead of just resorting to vague words?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wrong revolution, you are supporting dude. Don't let your hatred for Thaksin and the PAP cloud your judgment. Its about stepping back, evaluating the facts that's in front of you and making the right decisions about the long term.

Wrong is what you say but not to me. No one is there to judge if you are wrong or right.

There is no procedure of function of a person to decide what the way of things should be. All these are insignificant when the people are fed up and have enough of him. That is enough to get him kick out.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong is what you say but not to me. No one is there to judge if you are wrong or right.

There is no procedure of function of a person to decide what the way of things should be. All these are insignificant when the people are fed up and have enough of him. That is enough to get him kick out.

Again the vague words and what not. I ask for specifics and you are becoming evasive. As I stated before: state your case in the strongest word possible, or forget about it.

Being evasive about your support only speaks loudly of the fact that you are motivated by revenge and emotion and not because of justice. Revenge is about making yourself feel better; justice is a whole different thing altogether.

Changing governments because of revenge, and not because of justice is a useless excuse all round, and I state that strongly.

And as I repeated this just now, managing a country is not like playing a computer game. In FM, you can cheat all you want, and restart all you want. Managing a real life country with real life citizens is a whole new thing. Restarting and restarting just because you don't like the outcome is a pretty childish attitude one can have.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How many people exactly? Do they have the support of the majority of Bangkok residents? Don't you have specific numbers- instead of just resorting to vague words?

Exactly??? LOL!!! in a time like this , you want to find out the exact data of things? or do a survey? There are currently 1 million Thai protestors at the govt house. That is a good guage of how Thai people feel about that samuk.

A leader to stand in the govt, the people must feel good for the leader and this is not about exact data or rules and law. The protestors even chase away the 5000 armed policemen. They do not care if the they (protestors) get hurt, they just want to drive away the bad.

I like the way the put up the courage. Well done Thais...:-)

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You seems to forget about that the leader is there is because of the people. It is not about rules and data. IF the people dun like the leader, courage by the masses is there ( enough) to get rid of the leader.

So if people want to protest and get rid of the leader, they must think who to take over the oust leader then after that the protest is deem "legalized"??? Oh come on.. This is not protest manual 101 and what is the first step and then next step.

It is about if the whole govt is SUPPORTED BY THE PEOPLE OR NOT. The govt is formed is because of the people's SUPPORT. Then follow by the formation of system and rules.

The people dun own the govt a living. The existence of the govt and that leader who is able to stand there high up is because of the people's SUPPORT. IN fact, the govt own the people a living. If they can't do that job well, out they go.

Last edited:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seems to forget about that the leader is there is because of the people. It is not about rules and data. IF the people dun like the leader, courageby the masses is there to get rid of the leader

Well, the majority of the Thai people within Bangkok and outside of Bangkok don't support the PAD protests.

What more do you want?

Exactly??? LOL!!! in a time like this , you want to find out the exact data of things? or do a survey? There are currently 1 million Thai protestors at the govt house. That is a good guage of how Thai people feel about that samuk.

A leader to stand in the govt, the people must feel good for the leader and this is not about exact data or rules and law. The protestors even chase away the 5000 armed policemen. They do not care if the they (protestors) get hurt, they just want to drive away the bad.

I like the way the out up the courage. Well done Thais...:-)

Another sign of childishness; of wanting to restart and restart the game just because you don't like the outcome. I pity you when a democrat doesn't respect the democratic system. It just baffles me when a left-wing democrat supports an extreme right-wing movement just because of personal vendetta. Letting your emotions control your minds is just folly when it comes to politics.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If i dun agree with you , i am consider childish and vague. Amazing. So your view is high up and should be respected? Give me a break.

That is what the situation is and how the thai pple feel. If the thai pple do not support the PAD protest and then why so many are there to gather there, why the money donation and free food. More are going tomorrow and sunday.

The truth is the protest is going on now and the samuk might be thrown out of the window soon. :-) The people must be happy with the govt for the existence of the leader and the govt to be in place. That is the main thing. ( sinkie and Singaporeans, pls take note of this sentence)

BTW, being happy and fed up with the leader is an emotional thing. Leaders should take note of that too.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
COALITION IN CRISIS
Allies, Army heap pressure on Samak: sources
Leaders of the People Power Party's key coalition partners and Army chief Anupong Paojinda want Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to resign to defuse the growing political crisis, sources said.

Anupong earlier on Friday had reportedly rejected Samak's idea to impose a state of emergency. At a private meeting between Anupong and Samak, the general instead suggested the latter either resign or dissolve the House of Representatives, a source said.

The Anupong-Samak meeting took place after Samak, who was also defence minister, met armed forces' top brass at a Defence Council at the Thai Armed Forces headquarters.

Anupong on Friday also ruled out a coup, saying it was not a way to solve the current crisis.

A similar advice could soon be extended to Samak by his allies. Their decision was made at a meeting at Chart Thai leader Banharn Silapa-archa's residence late Friday evening, sources said. It was not clear when Samak would be informed of the "advice".

The allies wanted Samak to resign to defuse the crisis but didn't want him to dissolve Parliament, according to the sources.

As the People Alliance for Democracy increased nationwide pressure on the government, political attention turned to the allies, whose pressure would be needed if Samak was to be forced to step down.

All but Pracharaj leader Snoh thienthong were present at Banharn's house. Deputy Prime Minsiter and senior Chart Thai member Sanan Kachornprasart was said to be the one who "coordinated" the meeting.

Earlier, it had been reported that Banharn was planning a press conference at 9 pm. Then it was reported that he decided to cancel the meeting.

Allies' withdrawal of support will mean the government will virtually collapse. Samak will either have to resign or dissolve Parliament.

Samak's resignation means Parliament will have to elect another MP as prime minister.

The present Constitution stipulates that the prime minister must be an elected MP. However, "suspension" of certain constitutional clauses, it is believed, will be enough to pave the way for appointment of a non-MP prime minister if necessary.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/08/29/headlines/headlines_30081947.php

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
THAI labour union calls for its members to take leave
By The Nation
Thai International Airways' Labour Union has called for its members to take leave immediately to protest the police's use of forces against anti-government protesters on Friday.

Union's president Jamsri Sukchoterat said that the union voiced disagreement with police's use of forces against the unarmed protesters who just exercised their rights to demonstrate.

"The union then calls for 15,000 members to take immediate leave to protest the government's move. If the violence against the protesters continues, we call for all 25,000 THAI members to stop working," she said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/08/29/headlines/headlines_30081903.php

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
r23555345693bu.jpg

First Msia, now Thailand! When will it be...

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samak will be asked to step down by his key allies: informed sources
Leaders of the People Power Party's key coalition partners have agreed to ask Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to step down, sources said.

The decision were made at a meeting at Chart Thai leader Banharn Silapa-archa's residence late Friday evening, the sources said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30081948

Only the coalition partners have the legal right to pressurise PM Samak to step down, but to keep the government intact.

And if so and gets passed through, its legally binding and PM Samak will have to go. In my opinion, its the best option as there will be no coup and no overthrow of a legally-elected government.

If i dun agree with you , i am consider childish and vague. Amazing. So your view is high up and should be respected? Give me a break.

That is what the situation is and how the thai pple feel. If the thai pple do not support the PAD protest and then why so many are there to gather there, why the money donation and free food. More are going tomorrow and sunday.

The truth is the protest is going on now and the samuk might be thrown out of the window soon. :-) The people must be happy with the govt for the existence of the leader and the govt to be in place. That is the main thing. ( sinkie and Singaporeans, pls take note of this sentence)

BTW, being happy and fed up with the leader is an emotional thing. Leaders should take note of that too.

My point is that politics isn't a game; you cannot restart the game always just because you don't like the outcome of the game. Any country which overthrows its elected leader every year is surely not gonna be a democratic country- especially if it has to rebuild its democratic institutions every time a new government is sworn in.

That's why I called your bluff.

In the end, as I know of it, you cannot have this short term-ism. Its an illness really when we just think short term benefits and be blind to everything else. Its like being addicted to cigarettes or drink; you smoke or drink for short term pleasure, but fail to understand that these have long term pains when you get older.

So to be honest, how do we build up democratic institutions and ignore the temptation of short term fixes and revolutions and respect these democratic institutions? We have to believe in them and build it up as they should be, and always be focused on the long term effects and impacts. That when we mature and respect the bully pulpit, and recognise that the use of force should only be used as the ultimate last resort, then can we start creating a long-lasting democratic system that can last for generations, and even hundreds of years in the future.

But if we just focus on electing governments, and then kicking them out via a coup one year later, or even 6 months later, then be rest assured that our democracy will be very incomplete. We won't have a lot of FDI also, as foreign investors will not put in a lot of money into a country that is in constant political troubles.

Last edited: