• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Well done St Andrew's!!! Lucky no casualties...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
relief teacher lah. So, to say u did relieved those JC gals in some ways???
No wonder grammar is bad in schools now.
Kekekeke I was only the relief PE teacher....it was after i served NS and waiting to go Uni time.....only a few months.
A family friend who was a teacher there got me the gig mainly because I was a rugby player.
The pay sucked something like $20-$25 per day but only half a day's work.
Though there were temptations but I conducted myself well with the female students throughout my stint there.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kekekeke I was only the relief PE teacher....it was after i served NS and waiting to go Uni time.....only a few months.
A family friend who was a teacher there got me the gig mainly because I was a rugby player.
The pay sucked something like $20-$25 per day but only half a day's work.
Though there were temptations but I conducted myself well with the female students throughout my stint there.

Lucky you! I kena ah beng ah lian sec school. Vomit blood everyday.

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember when we left St. Andrew when we got our "O" level result slip, tears did flow from my eyes. We told ourselves, Once a Saints, Always a Saint. No matter what, must send our kids to St, Andrew, but now how many of us actually send our kids back...lol

Recently, heard from my friend that St. Andrew have only 2 Express class. So sad.

Now i recall, back in 1982 when i was in P6, attended the Founder's Day celebration to celebrate 120 yrs. A botak MP came to give speech. Time flies, 30 yrs has passed.

You must be the same batch with or 1 batch later than our current Speaker of Parliament. The botak MP was Mr. Eugene Yap, MP of Mountbatten and I think he was the highest grossing PAP MP during one of the elections.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be the same batch with or 1 batch later than our current Speaker of Parliament. The botak MP was Mr. Eugene Yap, MP of Mountbatten and I think he was the highest grossing PAP MP during one of the elections.

Yes, the present Speaker of Parliament was a prefect back then. And the food blogger Leslie Tay was a School Captian.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST Andrews is today an Ah Beng school. What is there to be proud of?

No. If u free, drop by and look at their bonding. Students, staff, parents, Old Boys bonding.
The poor/weak students are physically/academically are taken care of silently.
But, like others, its not a perfect school, but thrive to be.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is wrong with ah bengs? As long as they deliver and have school spirit that should be good enough. Are you elitist?

St Andrew's has always been a school for everyone. When Potong Pasir and Kolam Ayer were kampongs SAS took in all the boys who

applied to join the school. Many of them did the school proud.

ST Andrews is today an Ah Beng school. What is there to be proud of?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Its very fair n warm-welcoming one. U will notice that the parents there
mingle around w support. Many Malays too, though it's Christian school.
But, u can see their adaption.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many of the malay guys who worked at and for the school sent their kids to the school.They were treated just like any other students

except that they didnt attend chapel.

Yes. Its very fair n warm-welcoming one. U will notice that the parents there
mingle around w support. Many Malays too, though it's Christian school.
But, u can see their adaption.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is wrong with ah bengs? As long as they deliver and have school spirit that should be good enough. Are you elitist?

St Andrew's has always been a school for everyone. When Potong Pasir and Kolam Ayer were kampongs SAS took in all the boys who

applied to join the school. Many of them did the school proud.
The real ah bengs are the ones who do not understand the mission, purpose, values and culture in such schools.
Schools like SAS do not set out to achieve academic wise only......they aim to provide a complete education to their students. Something lacking in many schools nowsadays.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right you are Narong. The complete package was the school's mission statement but in doing so we lost out in academic ranking to

other schools despite producing guys like Koh Boon Hwee and Woffles Wu. By and large however many of the old boys are doing fairly

well and contributing to society.

The real ah bengs are the ones who do not understand the mission, purpose, values and culture in such schools.
Schools like SAS do not set out to achieve academic wise only......they aim to provide a complete education to their students. Something lacking in many schools nowsadays.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Harry Tan used to say during assembly, "Give me a boy, I'll return u a man"

As for the spirit, I always remember we ran across the quadrangle during the first day of Sec 1 for those from the Junior School.

Btw, do they still have the Boxing match during National Day celebration?

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats very true. I hv seen gangster Bengs full-turn aound 180 degrees after 16 yrs old. One even
went on to marry a lady Doctor.

"""Harry Tan used to say during assembly, "Give me a boy, I'll return u a man""""" .

What if u give Vivian Quek a handsome boy????

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah that wonderful tradition was even before my time.

Rain or shine the run was carried out. Sometimes some boy didnt close his bag securely enough and during the run his bag would open

and the contents would fall out. A real laugh and a half , although not for him.

Harry Tan used to say during assembly, "Give me a boy, I'll return u a man"

As for the spirit, I always remember we ran across the quadrangle during the first day of Sec 1 for those from the Junior School.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. If u free, drop by and look at their bonding. Students, staff, parents, Old Boys bonding.
The poor/weak students are physically/academically are taken care of silently.
But, like others, its not a perfect school, but thrive to be.

I heard from some St Andrewians that new student have to go around collecting names of other students. I thought that it was a nifty ice breaker :smile:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmmm i agree that it is a good ice breaking initiative. Regretfully this must have been after my time there.

I heard from some St Andrewians that new student have to go around collecting names of other students. I thought that it was a nifty ice breaker :smile: