• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Well done St Andrew's!!! Lucky no casualties...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: The old boys of St Andrew's re-lived the vintage rivalry with their rugby foes from Raffles Institution.

They took to the field in two friendly matches, as part of celebrations to mark 150 years of St Andrew's School.

There were teams for those under 35 years and over 35.

The oldest player was 55 years old!

At stake was the Jim Weir Cup, which began in the 1970s as the Kiwi Cup.

St Andrew's won both matches.

Students, alumni and the public were also treated to special heritage tours and performances.

About 15,000 people attended the schools' carnival - the largest in St Andrew's history.

- CNA/de

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
anyone here from the saints? or from the howlian ri ?
above 55 still going strong! well done!!! cheers!
that should be the spirit of our singaporeans....not tofus or chickens!
those guys are toughies - arch rivals and yet returned as friends and buddies! well done!
you all got such bonding? old sammyboys returned for a reunion?

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we are arming for the fight

pressing on with all our might

pluming wings for higher flight

Up And On !!!

SINGAPORE: The old boys of St Andrew's re-lived the vintage rivalry with their rugby foes from Raffles Institution.

They took to the field in two friendly matches, as part of celebrations to mark 150 years of St Andrew's School.

There were teams for those under 35 years and over 35.

The oldest player was 55 years old!

At stake was the Jim Weir Cup, which began in the 1970s as the Kiwi Cup.

St Andrew's won both matches.

Students, alumni and the public were also treated to special heritage tours and performances.

About 15,000 people attended the schools' carnival - the largest in St Andrew's history.

- CNA/de

I am St Andrew's old boy! :smile:

Last edited:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
we are arming for the fight

pressing on with all our might

pluming wings for higher flight

Up And On !!!

wow! well done another truthful and loyal saint...that's the spirit....my school got no motto to boast about...just study hard and be an obedient dog...hahaha

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
St Andrew is not a top school...very average secondary school. But it is linked to the St Andrew Anglican church in Scotland, hence our flags are the same.

Raffles is a top school. But I repped you anyway, thank you.

i always admire the saints.....and the girls too when they came later....they all look so tough and so holy and innocent.
but they are really very united.

i think the rafflesians have fragmented somewhat ...oops sorrie to all the rafflesians here. the spirit not as high as before IMHO...but their heads still high and their noses still up....many are still around here i think....lawyers, engineers, doctors and political figures....my school produces only one MP...RI produced so many politicians...wow!

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes i am an all the way saint for 12 years. The motto helps but its not the be all and end all. I am sure you did fine too.

wow! well done another truthful and loyal saint...that's the spirit....my school got no motto to boast about...just study hard and be an obedient dog...hahaha

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done!
My association with Saints besides having a few gfs from SAJC I was a relive teacher there for a few months.
It was a memorable experience, the principal was a nice lady who almost persuaded me to take up teaching as a career.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saints not by desire but by association played a role in early Singapore's evolving politics. Its Principal developed the meet the people session. He also handed the PAP its first win on ethical grounds and the PAP never gave up that grip.

So those from Saints - guess who is that principal.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good old Francis Thomas

Saints not by desire but by association played a role in early Singapore's evolving politics. Its Principal developed the meet the people session. He also handed the PAP its first win on ethical grounds and the PAP never gave up that grip.

So those from Saints - guess who is that principal.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not surprised St.Andrews won. Thats the only thing they are good for while Raffles excels in so many other areas in life and not focused on rugby.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone here from the saints? or from the howlian ri ?
above 55 still going strong! well done!!! cheers!
that should be the spirit of our singaporeans....not tofus or chickens!
those guys are toughies - arch rivals and yet returned as friends and buddies! well done!
you all got such bonding? old sammyboys returned for a reunion?

There were at least 4 players(54-55 yrs) in that game. 3 of them my frens, like the others are
all full blooded die-hard rugger. Despite age, they played matured rugby. Younger ones still
played like students. Saints are too serious in this game, which is meant for oldies
fellowship/catch up spirits. That game could go either way, though Saints won 10-7.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember when we left St. Andrew when we got our "O" level result slip, tears did flow from my eyes. We told ourselves, Once a Saints, Always a Saint. No matter what, must send our kids to St, Andrew, but now how many of us actually send our kids back...lol

Recently, heard from my friend that St. Andrew have only 2 Express class. So sad.

Now i recall, back in 1982 when i was in P6, attended the Founder's Day celebration to celebrate 120 yrs. A botak MP came to give speech. Time flies, 30 yrs has passed.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done!
My association with Saints besides having a few gfs from SAJC I was a relive teacher there for a few months.
It was a memorable experience, the principal was a nice lady who almost persuaded me to take up teaching as a career.

relief teacher lah. So, to say u did relieved those JC gals in some ways???
No wonder grammar is bad in schools now.