• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We can be warm sinkie or ugly sinkie

faithang

Alfrescian
Loyal
While researching on the issue for foreign worker, I found a good post here. Minister Tan Chuan Jin comment is "Respect"

From SGHARDTRUTH

Hi..A group of me and my friends were walking around observing what was happening while we students are usually at school as part of our Service Learning project and here’s what we learnt…

It’s pretty obvious what this photo depicts, it’s me and my classmates posing for a photo with a few foreign workers at a HDB void deck.

What i’m trying to achieve by sharing this photo is simply to raise awareness about the discrimination of the foreign workers here in Singapore, and to hopefully try to improve the situation by encouraging others to be more accepting towards them.

The foreign workers in this picture were actually rather surprised when we approached them. As we introduced ourselves and our motive of simply having a chat with them, they happily agreed, even though it was during their one hour break for them to have lunch and take a nap. They shared with us much about their life here, about their living conditions and even their pay. They even enthusiastically shared about the history of India and Bangladesh as i kept mixing the two up and thought they were from India. I learnt that there’s actually a lot that we can learn from them especially from their life experiences.

They told us that every morning, they would have to travel from their dormitories at Yishun all the way to marine parade just to work there and the company only provided transport to Yishun MRT. Each day, they would work from 8-5pm with another extra 2 hours of overtime and they would receive only 20 odd dollars for each days’ work. Since they only worked from Monday to Saturday, they would have to go without pay on Sunday and as there is not much savings from each day’s pay after deducting the money spent on food, and money saved for their family, they usually have only enough for two meals on Sunday.

As we talked to them, we could really see how happy they were to be able to share with us, for me, i feel it was because we had stepped out of our comfort zones and were willing to talk to them and accept them. Well, most of us would barely give a second glance when we see them, or some even choose to walk away or in another direction.

Well, I would like to ask you if you really think that’s the right thing to do… The work they’re doing is actually very important. Few Singaporeans would actually take up the jobs that they do here for us. Can you imagine if they did not come here to work? What would happen to us then!

All i want to say, is that we should really learn to appreciate and accept them as our equal. Maybe the next time we see them, we could perhaps just give them a simple smile, or even a word of thanks, to show our appreciation for what they are doing, I’m sure it would make their day. Or at the very least, the next time we see them, we can just try not to pull an ugly face or walk away.

Thank you for taking time to read this, and although every share would not get a dollar donated or anything, but every share is a step closer to a warmer, more accepting society.

Credits to Calvin Tan for this photo :smile:

by Darren Lion-el Chan ~~ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=a.74349307846.72795.606772846&type=1&theater

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most sinkies are indifferent. Their mentality, why should they care?

Blame it on Pinky and his cronies(PAP). Never had all these Fcuk problem back in the
70s to late 2000s and we had a load of Foreign workers (Mal and Thais) building all
the Housing Estates. The Foreign workers were a happy lot and we Sinkies were also
happy to have them here, so what when wrong when Pinky and his Team of Cronies
become the Government?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course! Another timely reminder that Sinkies are bad people and foreigners are good role models. Without the PAP, your housing estate would devolve into slums!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Of course! Another timely reminder that Sinkies are bad people and foreigners are good role models.

Agree, HongKongers are very nice! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
But they can improve a bit on their tako-balls... :o:o:o

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pls lah.. What warm or ugly..
When you mentioned sinkies, it means ball-lessness.. Period.