• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We asked traders about the future of equities

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
i am betting on a grexit, euro trying to stop fed from raising rate. they hope that with grexit, they can impact the the US economy which i think it will. but come to say that the 0.25bps interest rate is considered very little. even americans do not wish the rate to be raised, they are planning job cuts on the way. however, if fed don't raise, they may have further problem dealing with inflation later on. so it's all dilemma!

Actually Grexit has been priced into the markets. Whats happening isnjust emotions trading. Greece going either way is good news. The problem is when they refuse to move either way and stuck in the middle. Actually Greece is a tiny economy and their situation has no real bearing internationally. It is just that everyone is looking at Euro as a whole and what actions ECB and IMF will take that is causing the jitters

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Malaysia's economy crashed - export down 9%
Indonesia's economy crashed - GDP down 4.7%
China's economy crash - nobody is serious about working, buy shares better, even terry gou also give up.
So by right, many singapore companies will be in trouble, local banks are reducing OD facilities for weaker companies.

So if China is willing to continue easing like crazy, and cuts rates like Australia, we still can buy time
and offload to preserve some of our wealth.

I heard the export drop in Malaysia is due to the screw up with the GST claims. Somehow export companies having problems claiming it back. Dont know how true

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard the export drop in Malaysia is due to the screw up with the GST claims. Somehow export companies having problems claiming it back. Dont know how true

I agree it is part of the reason
but indonesia's gdp also nose-dived
so there is a real slowdown in the region

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Grexit has been priced into the markets. Whats happening isnjust emotions trading. Greece going either way is good news. The problem is when they refuse to move either way and stuck in the middle. Actually Greece is a tiny economy and their situation has no real bearing internationally. It is just that everyone is looking at Euro as a whole and what actions ECB and IMF will take that is causing the jitters

Dominoes pal...

That said I believe the Euro currency is the root of this problem. Continue on with the Euro and we'll have all this bullshit every couple of years. At the end of the day, the Euro is making the uncompetitive nations continually expensive and uncompetitive. In the past, if a country was doing shit, their currency would have tanked, making them cheaper than their neighbours and invite investment. Now with the Euro, your economy is shit, you have no currency to speak of, you have the Euro, well done. And now with a shared currency, the ripple effect with widen. The last time continental europe was under 1 flag and 1 currency, was during the Roman Empire, and we all know how that turned out.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dominoes pal...

That said I believe the Euro currency is the root of this problem. Continue on with the Euro and we'll have all this bullshit every couple of years. At the end of the day, the Euro is making the uncompetitive nations continually expensive and uncompetitive. In the past, if a country was doing shit, their currency would have tanked, making them cheaper than their neighbours and invite investment. Now with the Euro, your economy is shit, you have no currency to speak of, you have the Euro, well done. And now with a shared currency, the ripple effect with widen. The last time continental europe was under 1 flag and 1 currency, was during the Roman Empire, and we all know how that turned out.

Good point. Plus they cannot print money when they need and thats why they got stuck