• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We Are Also Not Stupid.. OK ?

peppyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM says : With more cars on the road, we need to increase ERP to keep traffic flowing.

Mr PM,

We are also not stupid.. ok? You increases ERP because of more cars on the road. In the first place, why do you allow more cars on the road?

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM says : With more cars on the road, we need to increase ERP to keep traffic flowing.

Mr PM,

We are also not stupid.. ok? You increases ERP because of more cars on the road. In the first place, why do you allow more cars on the road?

Yup we are not stupid, But we are dumb enough to be con by MIW...:eek::eek::eek:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ERP is a tool to allow flexibility in choices... I have always advocated car usage control rather than numbers of cars.... sgporeans should learn what is necessity and what is luxury... and the ERP is a good reminder of that......

I support ERP but taxi should be exempted or at least 50% off the rates....

beng

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
more cars on the road mean people here are doing fine.
and to show that they are doing something to try to control it and reduce the traffic congestion during peak period,more ERP will be set-up.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr PM,

but but mr. pinky minister, more cars on the road doesn't mean more cars into CBD areas????:confused::confused::confused:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
... I support ERP but taxi should be exempted or at least 50% off the rates ...

to top it off, the quality of public transport should improve. introduce competition. the way SMRT and SBS work is a lot like left pocket and right pocket of the same entity. :eek:

starhub singtel m1 also many pockets of the same entity? :eek: :eek: :eek:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the opposition wins they will take out the COE, ERP, give subsidies for petrol, allow Sporeans to to up petrol at JB without 3/4 tank rule, maybe even get rid of road tax i heard. Anyway they have also devised plans where roads will be connected directly from your carpark direct to the office and whatever destinations.

Insiders have also leaked that a teleporting machine is being developed.

To ease the current problems, they have also devised plans to have a bus /mrt every 5 seconds at each bus stop/mrt stn. Taxis will not be allowed to charge diesel tax as diesel would be subsided to 5cents a litre...

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the opposition wins they will take out the COE, ERP, give subsidies for petrol, allow Sporeans to to up petrol at JB without 3/4 tank rule, maybe even get rid of road tax i heard. Anyway they have also devised plans where roads will be connected directly from your carpark direct to the office and whatever destinations.

Insiders have also leaked that a teleporting machine is being developed.

To ease the current problems, they have also devised plans to have a bus /mrt every 5 seconds at each bus stop/mrt stn. Taxis will not be allowed to charge diesel tax as diesel would be subsided to 5cents a litre...

Wow, that will be a true Swiss Standard of Living! :biggrin:

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
erp has its uses but as the population of cars grow, the no. of roads must grow as well. otherwise got erp also no use

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
there should be a quotas per household.......some pple can own like 5 6 cars.......if you own more than you should pay even more.....double triple...

some people really got no choice to own a car...with young kids...think travelling on the stupid MRT and bus easy?

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
car growth is fast.... once you relaxs the loan rules, allow more COE, you will see immediate increase in the number of cars. The problem is, road expansion takes time. It takes years to build one road. It will never be as fast as the growth in car number.

I am also siding with ERP implementation. For the reason, it will allow car ownership of people (which is what people wants) and curb usage of the car.

The bottom line is, if you can't afford it, don't buy a car. If you buy a car, and can't afford to use it, well, just too bad... you basically bought a lump of depreciating metal to park at home and admire. You can't blame the govt, before you buy the car, you should think about all the cost first.

i used to take about 10 mins for my house to work. Now the same journey takes me 30 min. i used to be able to get parking anywhere near my work place. Now the queues are like over a year! This and that... i am hoping that ERP will priced out some drivers so that life can get back to normal for me.

I might be the one to get priced out, i admit. But society is about scares resources vs the allocation of the resources... isn't it correct?

SAMURAISAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

The really stupid ones are those who got conned into buying cheaper cars when the gahmen reduced ARF and road taxes...then complain about the ERP charges. Can buy car but cannot afford to drive ? Then just park in your HDB lot and smell the exhaust fumes only lor.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
there should be a quotas per household.......some pple can own like 5 6 cars.......if you own more than you should pay even more.....double triple...
QUOTE]

They should peg the rates of ERP to annual income, those million dollar policy maker will feel the same knife cuts every time they pass by. Ouch!:biggrin::biggrin:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

some people really got no choice to own a car...with young kids...think travelling on the stupid MRT and bus easy?

Why are we trying to penalise those who had made it big in Singapore? So eventually what do we want to embrace? Communism?

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

thats seem unfair. afterall cars are not subsidised by the government. if got money the person want to buy 10 cars surely he should be allowed to do so.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am also siding with ERP implementation. For the reason, it will allow car ownership of people (which is what people wants) and curb usage of the car.

The bottom line is, if you can't afford it, don't buy a car. If you buy a car, and can't afford to use it, well, just too bad...

I got rid of my car & used the money to buy a home closer to mrt/buses. Unfortunately the gov't has decided to let in more people into Spore & made cars more expensive. As a result I have seen more people use public transport but no improvement in the public transport.

I was in KL & using their public transport & its cheaper & in many ways superior to the Spore system. PAP seems more interested in their pay$$ then doing their job.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got rid of my car & used the money to buy a home closer to mrt/buses. Unfortunately the gov't has decided to let in more people into Spore & made cars more expensive. As a result I have seen more people use public transport but no improvement in the public transport.

I was in KL & using their public transport & its cheaper & in many ways superior to the Spore system. PAP seems more interested in their pay$$ then doing their job.

r u sure? when i was in KL the traffic was a nightmare. jam jam everywhere And the light rail system broke down for a few hrs...