• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wayang Kulit haram?, Pigs And Islam

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
588488578349f-spanduk-wayng-kuli_665_374.jpg

alanteh08-MS2909_NSTfield_image_socialmedia.var_1569727837.jpg

VIVA.co.id - Netizens were shocked by a photo of a banner containing a ban on shadow puppet shows because it was not in accordance with Islamic law in Central Jakarta. The photo went viral and sparked responses from several figures, including a senior journalist and writer, Goenawan Muhammad.

Based on photos circulating on social media, the banner reads: Screening of Wayang Kulit Not Islamic Sharia. The bottom part of the banner reads Aliansa Muslim Community in Central Jakarta. The viral banner prohibiting shadow puppets was also monitored by one of the Heads of the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) Executive Board, Saifullah Yusuf.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
wayang-kulit.jpg

Zan Azlee, The Malaysian Insider

I remember many years ago, I directed a documentary film about Dollah Baju Merah, the last classically trained wayang kulit dalang in Malaysia from Kelantan.

He has since passed on and I was the last person to officially interview him and to document his last wayang kulit performance on camera.

What I remember most about the interview was how he tried to explain to me his relationship with his art using a pig analogy.

During an election year, he thought he was being religious by voting for a religious party (guess what party?), But it ended with him being ostracized for practicing his art.

“Those whom I voted for declared that wayang kulit is haram because it has non-Islamic roots. And whoever practices it is committing a sin, ”he said.

“But let me explain to you about pigs. A pig is an animal created by God. The pig itself isn't haram. It's just an animal like any other animal in the world.

“The act of eating the pig is actually haram. Do not accuse the pig as being haram and neither should you accuse the person eating the pig. Do you understand what I mean? ”

I didn't really understand what Pak Dollah actually meant, but he was old and feeble, and I didn't want to aggravate him so I nodded as if I understood.

It was only after the entire shoot was over and I was back in Kuala Lumpur supervising the post-production and listening back to the interview that I understood.

What Pak Dollah was really trying to say was that whatever action or deed a person does only has meaning based on the person's intentions.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
So even m&d traditions and culture is haram....that is rich

Wayang kulit is indonesia culture. m&ds traditions and culture all erased long time ago by Islam, what left is ONLY nasi lemak. Their baju is actually derived from ancient indian dressing code. Very few m&ds retained native m&d name, Mas Selamat is one of the few.

Somehow wayang kulit artists managed to retain this tradition by conforming to requirments set by the authorities (actually religion policemen, Islam is the only religion in the world with religion police, so you know how complex the religion is). Female figures in wayang kulit have to put on hijab, and the tradition is arabized, so do we consider it as indon tradition or arab culture?

IMG-20200222-WA0000-681x454.jpg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wayang kulit is indonesia culture. m&ds traditions and culture all erased long time ago by Islam, what left is ONLY nasi lemak. Their baju is actually derived from ancient indian dressing code. Very few m&ds retained native m&d name, Mas Selamat is one of the few.

Somehow wayang kulit artists managed to retain this tradition by conforming to requirments set by the authorities (actually religion policemen, Islam is the only religion in the world with religion police, so you know how complex the religion is). Female figures in wayang kulit have to put on hijab, and the tradition is arabized, so do we consider it as indon tradition or arab culture?

IMG-20200222-WA0000-681x454.jpg
So m&ds have forsaken their own culture and replaced it with arab culture? Tat is sad ...like fuckeins and mandarin

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indonesia was a Buddhist country. Then the Muslims came along and destroyed all the fun.

Bali is the remaining sanctuary uncorrupted by their silliness. :cool:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wayang kulit was banned initially in kelantan first, the state with most wayang kulit tradition. PAS ( parti islam) and Muslim fundamentalist deemed it deviant art. In fact most of the other traditions have been killed by PAS.
Before these idiots came to power, joget, traditional dance was enjoyed by many.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wayang kulit was banned initially in kelantan first, the state with most wayang kulit tradition. PAS ( parti islam) and Muslim fundamentalist deemed it deviant art. In fact most of the other traditions have been killed by PAS.
Before these idiots came to power, joget, traditional dance was enjoyed by many.
Sad that the traditions and culture has been destroyed

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad that the traditions and culture has been destroyed
And the Malays too scared to confront the clerics who did this. They are too scared to be branded heretic or deviant or worse, apostate.
The malay leadership are using race and religion to the max caus8ng all these to escalate..
Indonesia is different. When asked who his Hero is, jokowi answered Krishna because of his "panah sakti", or magical arrow. That is hindu myth. and jokowi is Muslim.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the Malays too scared to confront the clerics who did this. They are too scared to be branded heretic or deviant or worse, apostate.
The malay leadership are using race and religion to the max caus8ng all these to escalate..
Indonesia is different. When asked who his Hero is, jokowi answered Krishna because of his "panah sakti", or magical arrow. That is hindu myth. and jokowi is Muslim.
Look at the postings from your ah bangs,,the resident mudslimes...they seem happy to bend over and get shafted by the Arabs and to sacrifice their culture and traditions. No different to Fuckeins who embrace Mandarin and the Chicoms.

viremia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the postings from your ah bangs,,the resident mudslimes...they seem happy to bend over and get shafted by the Arabs and to sacrifice their culture and traditions. No different to Fuckeins who embrace Mandarin and the Chicoms.
As if Cuntonese don't suck Tiong cock.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
As if Cuntonese don't suck Tiong cock.
Look at Hong Kong vs Fuckein Lands....u think Fuckeinland Taiwan will stand up to the tiongs? They support the status quo because it gives them some security from being attacked,,,and look at the fuckeins in singkieland,,,look at their attitude when dead fart close the fuckein schools etc..I spoke to many fuckeins about it,,,and they say its good,,because all speak the same language,,,and now singkieland mandarin and engrish is chap pa lang,,,