• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Water Purification sytem for the home

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the best brand to install is to follow what brand lky use at home.
his experts already do all the research for him.you dont have to redo the homework , copycat will also get you A*

I have no doubt that whatever he is using costs a bomb. Probably subsidised for by the tax payers of Spore. Can imagine the number of scholars & middle men involved in such a project with all the mark ups $$$$:eek:

I'll stick to the cheaper systems I can get from the USA. If it is good enough for the americans, it is good enough for me:smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Washing the filter will help remove the larger sediments but I doubt it will help improve with the removal of chlorine. That's why most of the units being sold are the replaceable kind.

Yeah I think the homefix one is much easier to use, just replace and no need to wash. Looks nicer too with chrome surface.

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are going to boil water would suggest avoiding using aluminum cookware. Some people think that aluminum may contribute to Alzheimers. The studies are not conclusive but why take the risk:confused:
Can simply use a steel or copper kettle

Power is expensive in Spore even if you use gas.

Johnny333, you really have to stop this pseudoscience.

Your water purification system uses activated almuina to remove fluoride ions. Activated alumina comprises of aluminium oxide -- the exact same stuff that forms a very thin coating on your aluminium-based cookware.

Aluminium contributes to alzemiers my foot. Show me the research.

And you suggest people use copper kettles. Do you know some people are actually allergic to copper?

Vamjok's knowledge of chemistry is of the post-graduate level and possibly beyond. Please listen to him.

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey guys! despite all the usual and expected squabbles, this has been a very helpful and informative thread. thanks to the thread starter. it doesn't have to be right or wrong, black or white, many of us can read and decide for ourselves. sources, good or bad, and facts, pros and cons are all appreciated. that's what online free-for-alls are intended to be. out of the noise and garbage there are gems to be had. it's up to us to figure that out for ourselves. no spoon feeding. sinkies had enough of that since they're born. so, please be nice and make love. i love you all! :biggrin:

Mr Eat Shit and Die,

When people post things that are scientifically invalid, some of us feel compelled to point it out. Or else others can get mislead.

Otherwise we would be living in Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted world.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After 15 years of drinking distilled water, I'm still very much alive and looks 10 years younger than my peers.:biggrin:

and after 6 years, i'm still alive. folks keep forgetting that water from snow is naturally produced distilled water. the entire water ecosystem of planet earth is a giant distiller.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
independentdirect,

by the way, there are quite a few subject matter experts here in several disciplines, but we don't show our real hands. we are simply playing masak masak here to pass time while shitting, waiting for hookers to undress, or waiting to catch the next flight or airborne disease. it's a place to lim virtual kopi and decompress. anyone who treats this site seriously as though a majority of the postings here are reliable and accurate needs to check with a shrink and have the brain checked for possible hallucination. if you can find more than 10% of the contents here useful and informative, you should be happy. if we wish to get serious and start posting specific subject matter in depth, depending on the subject, we can do so but it's gonna get really boring. masak masak. :biggrin:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Eat Shit and Die,

When people post things that are scientifically invalid, some of us feel compelled to point it out. Or else others can get mislead.

Otherwise we would be living in Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted world.

in sbf, it's idealistic to think that way. just look at the religion folder. there are too many imh escapees running loose here. it's impossible to convince flat earth thinkers that the planet is a globe until you fly them to space. even that, they will be skeptical to think that the whole thing is staged. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny333, you really have to stop this pseudoscience.

Your water purification system uses activated almuina to remove fluoride ions. Activated alumina comprises of aluminium oxide -- the exact same stuff that forms a very thin coating on your aluminium-based cookware.

Aluminium contributes to alzemiers my foot. Show me the research.

And you suggest people use copper kettles. Do you know some people are actually allergic to copper?

Vamjok's knowledge of chemistry is of the post-graduate level and possibly beyond. Please listen to him.

Regarding the problems with aluminum you will notice that I said "some people" believe that it contributes to alzheimers . Since I have not heard of any problems with stainless steel or copper, why not just stick to these two metals? I never claimed to be an expert but as a consumer who is concerned with health I will always choose the safer route. No I did not know that some people are allergic to copper.

One thing I've learned is that people in this forum make all kinds of false claims about their sex, where they stay, about politics,... How do you know that Vamjok has a phd in chemistry:confused:
I have read some of his posts & I have my doubts :smile:

I have not found any sources proven or otherwise that there are any health issues with activated alumina. If you have any sources I would of course be interested because I plan to use it in my next filtration system.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Regarding the problems with aluminum you will notice that I said "some people" believe that it contributes to alzheimers . Since I have not heard of any problems with stainless steel or copper, why not just stick to these two metals? I never claimed to be an expert but as a consumer who is concerned with health I will always choose the safer route. No I did not know that some people are allergic to copper.

One thing I've learned is that people in this forum make all kinds of false claims about their sex, where they stay, about politics,... How do you know that Vamjok has a phd in chemistry:confused:

I have not found any sources proven or otherwise that there are any health issues with activated alumina. If you have any sources I would of course be interested because I plan to use it in my next filtration system.

keep going johnny... we are always learning about ways to keeping ourselves healthy using science and technology. We are right at times and we make mistake at times too. We can learn from our mistake and keep progressing.

It is a life long learning process. i started having this passion about health improvement since i was in my teens. During my teens, i read about heart disease, free radicals and ways to overcome it. Now, my greatest learning this year is knowing soursop can reverse cancer and can be use as a cancer prevention too.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
keep going johnny... we are always learning about ways to keeping ourselves healthy using science and technology. We are right at times and we make mistake at times too. We can learn from our mistake and keep progressing.

It is a life long learning process. i started having this passion about health improvement since i was in my teens. During my teens, i read about heart disease, free radicals and ways to overcome it. Now, my greatest learning this year is knowing soursop can reverse cancer and can be use as a cancer prevention too.

Unfortunately in my case I only got seriously interested after I got my heart attack:o

Many of us can't wait for the scientific studies which may never be done on many of the natural remedies out there. Many friends & family are relying on diet & natural supplementation to maintain their health.

I know someone who is successfully using natural remedies & diet to control cancer. I don't have scientific proof but the lesions on her breast are healing & reducing in size. There's no chemotheraphy involved just diet & supplementaion:smile:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

got balls you put down what ever fuck i mentioned about chemistry you think is wrong.

i will fucking tell you the chapters and which textbook to flip to that facts.

u fucking got the balls to attack my profession, u better got the balls to stand up against it.
lets play

rule 1: all science textbook and journals with impact factor above 5 can be used
rule 2: quoting of website is not allowed. reason: any tom dick and harry can do that and write and put any shit they want on website

GOT BALLS?

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear coffeeshop forumers kakis,

Please be nice to all kakis, "Do as you be done by". We are just putting our personal points across. As in one of my posting, I have been using home distiller for the last 15 years. Only if you the chance to see the left over after the process, you will understand why the reasons for using distillation process over boiling water or filter water from the tap. After evaporation, the left over i.e. scale, dirt, chlorine (most) slime etc. Seeing is beliving.

there are many factors here;
1) you heat the water, it will encourage redox reaction possibly. i have to be there to see and inspect myself to tell you why is the staff there. in layman term, u supply the heat for the reaction to take place.

2) what kind of container are you using and how often do you clean that bulk container containing your stockfeed to the distillation setup. that slime are very HIGH LIKELY bacteria build up. i suspect your setup has a section of dead volume of water that is not constantly running. constant flow will not allow this to happen. <--- if its transparent like and sticky. its biofilm bacteria layer most likely. go have your setup check and clean seriously. and its quite puzzling how can this be there as in general most bacteria will be killed. but its not say impossible for the bacteria to survive in such condition (hotspring is a good example), and seeing such observation after few months/years of usage is not say impossible.

i am perfectly fine with people drinking distill water etc. its personal preference. BUT spreading wrong and misinformed information is something i cannot stand

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
got balls you put down what ever fuck i mentioned about chemistry you think is wrong.

i will fucking tell you the chapters and which textbook to flip to that facts.

u fucking got the balls to attack my profession, u better got the balls to stand up against it.
lets play

rule 1: all science textbook and journals with impact factor above 5 can be used
rule 2: quoting of website is not allowed. reason: any tom dick and harry can do that and write and put any shit they want on website

GOT BALLS?

I'm more interested in discussing solutions than to show that I have "balls" or that I am some kind of expert with a degree from NUS:smile:

So malu that I have to get my information from the TV, public library & internet. :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Unfortunately in my case I only got seriously interested after I got my heart attack:o

Many of us can't wait for the scientific studies which may never be done on many of the natural remedies out there. Many friends & family are relying on diet & natural supplementation to maintain their health.

I know someone who is successfully using natural remedies & diet to control cancer. I don't have scientific proof but the lesions on her breast are healing & reducing in size. There's no chemotherapy involved just diet & supplementation:smile:

Cancer and heart disease is not an illness, it is a situation occurred when the body is trying to get rid of impurities but they can't and result in abnormal reaction (heart disease and cancer). It is due to bad habits in lifestyle and diet. Just change the habits and you will be ok. in order to Change the habits, we need to know the causes of heart disease and cancer. This is what we are doing. and then apply the way to good health.

A country selling distilled water shows the stupidity of the leaders of that country. what's more i can say , just shake my head in disbelief. and you have losers here trying to defend their leaders' actions whom they carry and lick their balls daily.. wahhahahahah.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm more interested in discussing solutions than to show that I have "balls" or that I am some kind of expert with a degree from NUS:smile:

So malu that I have to get my information from the TV, public library & internet. :biggrin:

fucking chee bye coward out now.

you fucking openly dare to attack say statement i made about chemistry are doubtful.
FUCKING PUT THAT STATEMENT I MADE DOWN CHEE BYE KIA
anything with respect to chemistry i put in this forum i fucking dare to say it is in agreement current understanding stated in major textbook. you chao chee bye dare to put that statement to attack my credibility, u better fucking have the balls to state out which statement with regards to chemistry i made is false

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cancer and heart disease is not an illness, it is a situation occurred when the body is trying to get rid of impurities but they can't and result in abnormal reaction (heart disease and cancer). It is due to bad habits in lifestyle and diet. Just change the habits and you will be ok. in order to Change the habits, we need to know the causes of heart disease and cancer. This is what we are doing. and then apply the way to good health.

A country selling distilled water shows the stupidity of the leaders of that country. what's more i can say , just shake my head in disbelief. and you have losers here trying to defend their leaders' actions whom they carry and lick their balls daily.. wahhahahahah.

your fucking lack of knowledge in what cancer is made me laugh. stupidity really has no cure

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
and after 6 years, i'm still alive. folks keep forgetting that water from snow is naturally produced distilled water. the entire water ecosystem of planet earth is a giant distiller.

key word balance.
i alway mix my office distill water with my home cook water.
home cook water if not filter contain heavy metal.

my bmt day in tekong, we drank striage from the tap.
i remember the smell of chlorine was so strong that the tap water is like from swimming pool.
what i do.at night hour after training, i will save a few bottles of water, left the caps un screw,
next day.the smell of chlorine was reduce by half