• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wanker Daniel's Trust In Wankers' Party Shaken By Raeesah Khan's Lies! Wants Wanker Elders To Commit Hara Kiri And Khan To Take Vow of Silence!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1635935773145.png

Former Workers’ Party member Daniel Goh said Ms Raeesah Khan’s admission that she misled Parliament has shaken his trust in the party

The former Non-Constituency Member of Parliament's view is that Ms Raeesah should not resign
She serve out her elected term as Member of Parliament, he said

He added that the party’s leadership should take some responsibility for allow the ‘debacle’ to happen

SINGAPORE — Ms Raeesah Khan of the Workers’ Party (WP) should not resign but should take responsibility for the “grave transgression” she made of misleading Parliament about a sexual assault case, Associate Professor Daniel Goh said.

The former central executive committee member of WP also urged the party’s disciplinary panel, which is looking into her admission of lying in Parliament, not to “throw her under the bus”. Instead, he said that the party’s leadership should take some responsibility for “allowing this transgression to happen and persist over several months”.

Assoc Prof Goh, who has retired from politics but remains a WP cadre member, said in a Facebook post on Wednesday (Nov 3) that “resigning will be too easy” for Ms Raeesah and such a move will mean walking away from her responsibilities.

“I believe she should serve out her elected term, going 100 per cent into serving communities, families and individuals quietly, no social media posting or posturing, so that the focus is on those she served and not herself,” the former Non-Constituency Member of Parliament said.

In August, Ms Raeesah — who is a member of the Sengkang Group Representation Constituency where she oversees the Compassvale ward — made a claim in Parliament that she had accompanied a sexual assault survivor to a police station, where the victim was treated insensitively.

On Monday, Ms Khan admitted in Parliament that she had misled the House, and that she had really heard the account from a sexual abuse survivor during a meeting of a women’s support group.

WP has since formed a disciplinary panel to look into the admission, and Leader of the House Indranee Rajah has referred Ms Raeesah’s conduct to Parliament's privileges committee, which looks into any complaint alleging breaches of parliamentary privilege.

Assoc Prof Goh said that the debacle had affected him “badly”.

“It has shaken my trust in the party, to which I gave almost 10 good years to help build up, and to which I still belong as a cadre member. I can’t believe that a WP MP blatantly lied multiple times in Parliament.”

He also said that the incident is not just an account of untruths, but is far more serious and damaging not just to the credibility of the WP but to the evolution of the nation’s political system.

Moreover, he noted that it affected the credibility of the very issue of the motion she spoke in support of: The empowerment of women.

“This is an issue I’ve spoken on several times in my time in Parliament and I hold it dearly close to my heart. I hope we will not forget what has been said and pushed for at that debate on the important motion,” Assoc Prof Goh said.

“I was incredibly proud of WP for raising and pushing for the motion. Don’t let Raeesah’s transgression taint this important issue please.”

He added that her statement was not made on impulse. Based on his experience, he said that speeches are shared and reviewed among Members of Parliament and there might be disagreements and debates about it.

“But we would make corrections or drop things entirely according to the collective consensus,” he said.

If a mistake is made, he said that the party members would immediately move to rectify it.

“I hope the disciplinary panel made up of the top three leaders will recognise their responsibility in this matter and accountability to the public on this matter.”

Separately, Mr Edwin Tong, Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and Second Minister for Law, and Ms Rahayu Mahzam, Parliamentary Secretary for the Ministry of Communications and Information and Ministry of Health, have been nominated to join a Committee of Privileges to investigate Ms Raeesah's case.

The nominations were made on Tuesday and the appointments were announced to the House by Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin on Wednesday.

Both Mr Tong and Ms Rahayu will be replacing Minister for Home Affairs K Shanmugam and Ms Indranee.

Ms Indranee said the day before that she and Mr Shanmugam would recuse themselves since she had made the complaint and Mr Shanmugam's ministry was involved.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...-allowing-raeesah-khans-transgression-persist

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol …. WP = Wankers Party

Set up a committee to ‘investigate’ what had been openly announced as a lie.

Can’t help but notice how this is very similar to….

The last MP to be taken to task by the committee for breach of privilege was former WP leader J.B. Jeyaretnam.

Four complaints involving Mr Jeyaretnam were referred to the committee during his term of office as MP for Anson - one in 1982 and three in 1986.

He was reprimanded in 1982 for failing to declare a direct personal pecuniary or financial interest in a matter he had raised involving a person for whom he was acting as a lawyer.

In 1986, he accused the Government of tampering with the judiciary on multiple occasions, and the police of abusing their powers of detention. He was fined $1,000 for each of these breaches of parliamentary privilege, the maximum sum at the time.

The same year, he was fined another $1,000 for not declaring a pecuniary interest in a question he had raised.

He was also fined $25,000 for contempt of Parliament after publishing distorted reports of the committee's proceedings in a series of newsletters to Anson residents.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The last MP to be taken to task by the committee for breach of privilege was former WP leader J.B. Jeyaretnam.

Telling lies seem to be common amongst most of the wankers' leaders. But it's okay. I think before 2022 is over, the key wankers will be hauled off to prison in chains when their appeal is exhausted. Guess which wanker will take over the title of Chief Oppie? Or would that title be left vacant and returned to the PAP government?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing good comes out of Pakistani and Arabian genes. Election laws should be changed to allow only pure Chinese, Malay or Indian genes to be elected into Parliament. Mixed genes must be barred from elections. If we can have Vaccination Apartheid, why can't we have Genetic Apartheid?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nothing good comes out of Pakistani and Arabian genes.

There's no such thing as Pakistani genes. They are not a different ethnicity. They are still mostly 100% kelings, just believers in a foreign religion to kelingland.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no such thing as Pakistani genes. They are not a different ethnicity. They are still mostly 100% kelings, just believers in a foreign religion to kelingland.
The funny thing is the Pakistani father is the head of Singapore Malay Chamber of Commerce and Industry. I believe kelings and malays must be segregated properly for a functional society.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Study proves mixed genes are associated with higher health and behavior risks. Mixed genes should not be allowed to stand for elections.​

Health and Behavior Risks of Adolescents with Mixed-Race Identity

Objectives. This study compared the health and risk status of adolescents who identify with 1 race with those identifying with more than 1 race.

Methods. Data are derived from self-reports of race, using the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health), which provides a large representative national sample of adolescents in grades 7 through 12. Respondents could report more than 1 race.

Results. Mixed-race adolescents showed higher risk when compared with single-race adolescents on general health questions, school experience, smoking and drinking, and other risk variables.

Conclusions. Adolescents who self-identify as more than 1 race are at higher health and behavior risks. The findings are compatible with interpreting the elevated risk of mixed race as associated with stress.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing good comes out of Pakistani and Arabian genes. Election laws should be changed to allow only pure Chinese, Malay or Indian genes to be elected into Parliament. Mixed genes must be barred from elections. If we can have Vaccination Apartheid, why can't we have Genetic Apartheid?
Any one oso Malay now. :cautious:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The funny thing is the Pakistani father is the head of Singapore Malay Chamber of Commerce and Industry. I believe kelings and malays must be segregated properly for a functional society.

Anyone can be a m&d as long as they wear m&d clothes, speak a bit of m&d and profess the mohammedan religion. That's the way it is.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So Daniel is hinting that Pritam should resign instead ?

Wanker Daniel wants his party elders to commit seppuku for allowing Khan to make a dishonest speech in parliament. According to Daniel, all wankers' speeches in parliament are vetted by party elders in advance.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wanker Daniel wants his party elders to commit seppuku for allowing Khan to make a dishonest speech in parliament. According to Daniel, all wankers' speeches in parliament are vetted by party elders in advance.
And what would Daniel get in return if the elders commit seppuku or harakiri ? He replaces Pritam ?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Raeesah was trouble from Day 1. Already needed pritam to defend her past racist FB posts during GE. Then in Parliament only known for lying about rape.

Please lah. Just sack this stupid woman .. if it were a Chinese opposition MP who did these things, he/she already be gone

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Raeesah was trouble from Day 1. Already needed pritam to defend her past racist FB posts during GE. Then in Parliament only known for lying about rape.

Please lah. Just sack this stupid woman .. if it were a Chinese opposition MP who did these things, he/she already be gone
Why u oppies so vindictive? It only a white lie. :unsure:

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know of Daniel Goh's motivations for airing his thoughts directly to the media in a time of difficulty for WP, but what I can say is his "advice" is as moronic as can be and is probably the worst option that WP can take in light of the situation.

The former central executive committee member of WP also urged the party’s disciplinary panel, which is looking into her admission of lying in Parliament, not to “throw her under the bus”. Instead, he said that the party’s leadership should take some responsibility for “allowing this transgression to happen and persist over several months”.

Does this idiot thinks he's trying to give a model answer to a teacher's question during Moral Education class in primary school? So he's suggesting that the WP should just let Khan carry on her term as per normal and then all the CEC members as a whole apologize on behalf of Khan to the public and parliament for "allowing this transgression to happen"?

He doesn't say this explicitly, but I can otherwise find no other reasonable way to explain what he means by that. All this does is allow the PAP to broaden their attacks from Khan's lack of integrity to the entire WP being branded as a party of liars. Not to mention constant sneering by PAP and the general public for allowing a liar to continue hanging around for the next 3 - 4 years.

“I believe she should serve out her elected term, going 100 per cent into serving communities, families and individuals quietly, no social media posting or posturing, so that the focus is on those she served and not herself,” the former Non-Constituency Member of Parliament said.

Hey Sherlock, she's a bloody feminist activist who can already see for herself that she has no more political future as an MP anymore once her term is up. These people thrive on drama and theatrics to garner attention to their causes, what incentive is there for her to sweat her way out as a peon behind the scenes quietly and wait to get replaced in 2025? It's like expecting an employee who has been given advanced notice of termination to double down with 100% commitment to the company and cannot attend any networking functions, cannot post on Linkedin, cannot update CV with recruiters etc. Get real.

And what if in 2022 or 2023 she decides to continue her social media posting and posturing, by then what is WP leadership supposed to do? Sack her then? Sanction her? She wouldn't care as she has nothing to lose by then.

I am very disappointed with Daniel Goh. Though he was nothing spectacular during his stint as an NCMP, he did raise points and recommendations to the government diligently and generally talked sense as would be expected from an academic professor. However, I am now seeing similar destructive patterns of behavior that we often see of opposition members who fail to secure leadership appointments or candidature in their parties - blabbering in public with nary a thought for the political environment, insinuating existing leaders suck, coming up with feel good nonsensical statements to build personal profile etc.

If he has dissenting opinion, then talk to the CEC members directly, failing which then he should convince and mobilize fellow cadre members to effect change in the party by going through prescribed processes as affirmed by its bylaws. If really it's a topic of national importance and he cannot convince WP otherwise, then the next thing to do is to quit and then tell the media why he strongly disagrees.

Last edited: