• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wanbao: Nicole Seah took intimate photos with a married man!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like the PAP want to destroy Nicole before the next election. Is there a campaign to take down the leading opposition figures one by one?

Goh Meng Seng attacks from the inside and the PAP attacks from the outside. Who crafted that strategy?

Who are the backroom boys for the PAP?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Consider intimate or not?

215.jpg

If she no big neh-nehs you think he is keen to take the selfie with her ?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's really quite pathetic these days to read what is considered 'front page' news on a SPH newspaper.
How and why is this picture even considered news worthy?

She has just posted this on her FB page:

"There are news reports in BOTH English and Chinese mainstream media that I am seeing a married man.

This is NOT true at all, and an example of gutter journalism at its finest. Nobody even called me to clarify this and went to town with the story.

To the mainstream media - If you're looking to sensationalize your news in order to increase your readership at the expense of tarnishing a person's reputation, please do so based on fact and have the decency to at least verify your sources before running off to print.

This is grossly inaccurate and unacceptable".

Welcome to the world of tabloid journalism - Singapore style.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its not to increase readership so much as to destroy you and yr reputation...

Destroy reputation because she is an opposition politician.
Hope this backfires big time.
Sinkies....especially the young Internet savvy ones that will be voting in the next GE will know the truth.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's really quite pathetic these days to read what is considered 'front page' news on a SPH newspaper.
How and why is this picture even considered news worthy?

She has just posted this on her FB page:

"There are news reports in BOTH English and Chinese mainstream media that I am seeing a married man.

This is NOT true at all, and an example of gutter journalism at its finest. Nobody even called me to clarify this and went to town with the story.

To the mainstream media - If you're looking to sensationalize your news in order to increase your readership at the expense of tarnishing a person's reputation, please do so based on fact and have the decency to at least verify your sources before running off to print.

This is grossly inaccurate and unacceptable".

Welcome to the world of tabloid journalism - Singapore style.

Well, Wanbao IS a tabloid just like TNP. There are always juicy and sensationalist headlines.

But in recent years, these tabloids have been more active in fixing the opposition.

Wanbao is also guilty of putting up more trivial news stories from various parts of China. You can find these on the backpage.
I blame the Tiong editors at SPH.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear SPH, please apologize to Nicole and Steven

Dear SPH,

what-bullshit
I’m sorry, but your recent articles (here and here) on Nicole Seah and Steven Goh just stink so badly. Pardon my language in this open letter, but I can no longer stand the bullshit because I’m allergic to it. Your articles contain a lot of mistakes that a big, traditional media company shouldn’t be making.

Your lack of accountability in the articles is unforgivable. If a blog like ours cares about seeing things from both sides of the coin, then you’d better starting learning the ropes of good journalism. Rather, you chose to blatantly accuse Nicole that she is seeing a married man Steven, making her look like a bitch. You failed to seek Nicole for her side of the story.

That’s not right. Steven was married but no longer, unfortunately. Your initial headlines unnecessarily sensationalized the news which brought you many clicks and much criticism from your readers.

You were pressured and that was when you made the second grave mistake. You sneakily changed your headline and edited your story without explaining what went wrong and why the article needed a change.

Seriously?

Nicole and Steven deserve better and I think it is only right for SPH, AsiaOne, and Wanbao to:

Issue an apology article as soon as possible to make things clear.
Update the article with proper explanation why the content and headline were changed.
It is in your best interests to do so. At least let readers know that SPH has the balls to admit to its mistakes. Please consider my proposal. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Willis
Blogger, Tech in Asia

http://www.techinasia.com/dear-sph-please-apologize-to-nicole-steven/

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiyah...what age and time. If a young girl want to fuck an old man let it be lah.

Dear SPH, please apologize to Nicole and Steven

Dear SPH,

what-bullshit
I’m sorry, but your recent articles (here and here) on Nicole Seah and Steven Goh just stink so badly. Pardon my language in this open letter, but I can no longer stand the bullshit because I’m allergic to it. Your articles contain a lot of mistakes that a big, traditional media company shouldn’t be making.

Your lack of accountability in the articles is unforgivable. If a blog like ours cares about seeing things from both sides of the coin, then you’d better starting learning the ropes of good journalism. Rather, you chose to blatantly accuse Nicole that she is seeing a married man Steven, making her look like a bitch. You failed to seek Nicole for her side of the story.

That’s not right. Steven was married but no longer, unfortunately. Your initial headlines unnecessarily sensationalized the news which brought you many clicks and much criticism from your readers.

You were pressured and that was when you made the second grave mistake. You sneakily changed your headline and edited your story without explaining what went wrong and why the article needed a change.

Seriously?

Nicole and Steven deserve better and I think it is only right for SPH, AsiaOne, and Wanbao to:

Issue an apology article as soon as possible to make things clear.
Update the article with proper explanation why the content and headline were changed.
It is in your best interests to do so. At least let readers know that SPH has the balls to admit to its mistakes. Please consider my proposal. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Willis
Blogger, Tech in Asia

http://www.techinasia.com/dear-sph-please-apologize-to-nicole-steven/

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, Irene Tham wouldn't even apologize to Anonymous, what makes you think SPH will apologize? :rolleyes:

It's okay for tabloids to run silly and salacious stories, that's part and parcel of their business. However, the agenda to fix the opposition is quite obvious.
Me no need think lah, tell it to willis.
Me just provide info ya.