• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

wah! shutan tualiap woh! can decide who can use Allah?

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia Chronicle

Sultan: 'Allah' word can be used only by Muslims
The Sun Daily - ‎2 hours ago‎

PETALING JAYA (Jan 8, 2013): Selangor Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah today decreed that all non-Muslims in the state are banned from using the word "Allah" as it is a holy word exclusive to Muslims.

If Shutan so powederful, why we need Allah? :biggrin:

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Die die die in matlasia now if do something wrong cannot say allah-mak salah already :( can only say kongkait awank ibu busok puki :(

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing new, and this is more of a Muslim thing rather than Sultan decree.
Muslim believes if you are not one of them you should refrain from using their exclusive terms (without fully understanding the meaning) less you should corrupt the word. I used to say "assalamalaikum" to a muslim friend until he pointed out to me i should not be using it.

Look at it this way. It is not easy to be a Muslim: cannot eat babi, have to wear tudung, have to pray 5x a day, have to chop... so there must be something that makes it worthwhile? That something is you are a "holy man" above the rest... hence the exclusivity to certain things... "membership has its privileges"

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion makes people think, behave and act in stupidity.

To be fair and objective, the same must be said of ALL other religions as well. No one should choose to be selective in such matters.

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Signage at Crystal Crown Hotel, PJ. Malaysia boleh.....

Halal.jpg

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair and objective, the same must be said of ALL other religions as well. No one should choose to be selective in such matters.

Well said. I'm no Marxist or communist or any other -ist, but Marx is right when he said religion is the opium of the people.

Speaking of religion in Novaya Zhizn in 1905, Lenin clearly alluded to Marx's comments:

Religion is one of the forms of spiritual oppression which everywhere weighs down heavily upon the masses of the people, over burdened by their perpetual work for others, by want and isolation. Impotence of the exploited classes in their struggle against the exploiters just as inevitably gives rise to the belief in a better life after death as impotence of the savage in his battle with nature gives rise to belief in gods, devils, miracles, and the like. Those who toil and live in want all their lives are taught by religion to be submissive and patient while here on earth, and to take comfort in the hope of a heavenly reward. But those who live by the labour of others are taught by religion to practise charity while on earth, thus offering them a very cheap way of justifying their entire existence as exploiters and selling them at a moderate price tickets to well-being in heaven. Religion is opium for the people. Religion is a sort of spiritual booze, in which the slaves of capital drown their human image, their demand for a life more or less worthy of man.

Cheers!

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing new, and this is more of a Muslim thing rather than Sultan decree.
Muslim believes if you are not one of them you should refrain from using their exclusive terms (without fully understanding the meaning) less you should corrupt the word. I used to say "assalamalaikum" to a muslim friend until he pointed out to me i should not be using it.

Look at it this way. It is not easy to be a Muslim: cannot eat babi, have to wear tudung, have to pray 5x a day, have to chop... so there must be something that makes it worthwhile? That something is you are a "holy man" above the rest... hence the exclusivity to certain things... "membership has its privileges"
It's a Malay thing. The Arab world allows the Christians to use Allah in referencing their Christian god.