• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vote Democratic Pakatan or Malay UMNO or Muslim PAS or Nationalist PAP?

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vote for Malay UMNO?

Policy forever for Malay Issues.

Vote for Muslim PAS?

Policy forever for Muslim issues

Vote for Nationalist PAP?

Policy forever for improving British Nationalist Policy and Malaysia Malasian or Singapore Singaporean.

Vote for Democracy

Policy is:-

1) If Government fail to performed replace a new government by votes.
2) If Prime Minister lose confident by member of paliament, MP will replace the Prime Minister
3) If well performed Prime Minister, he can only serve for two term or not more than 8 or 10 years.
4) No GRC, Senior Minister, Mentor Minister or Unable to Perform Prime Minister need a popular ex Prime Minister to assist.

Wish God can united Malaysian and Singapore will back to Malaysia one day.

Allah the Great

Last edited:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
TAIPEI: Taiwan replaced key ministers in a Cabinet reshuffle on Wednesday as the China-friendly government struggled to regain public support after criticism of its response to Typhoon Morakot.

The island nation, plunged into recession by the global downturn, got a new economics minister, along with new foreign, defence, interior and education ministers.

"Under the supervision of parliament and the public, we will try our best to live up to their high expectations," incoming premier Wu Den-yih told a late-night news conference.

The government came under strong criticism for a late and ineffective reaction to last month's typhoon, which killed over 600 people and plunged President Ma Ying-jeou into his worst political crisis since taking office.

Shih Yen-hsiang, currently the chairman of state-owned China Petroleum Corp., was made new economic affairs minister.

The island's de facto ambassador to Indonesia, Timothy Yang, was named foreign minister.

Wu is scheduled to take over the premiership on Thursday as the new Cabinet is sworn in.

His predecessor, Liu Chao-shiuan, quit on Monday to take political responsibility for the government's response to Morakot, the worst storm to hit the island in half a century. - AFP/de

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
MANILA - Deposed Philippine leader Joseph Estrada on Wednesday vowed to press on with a bid for the presidency despite the entry into the race of the son of late democracy icon Corazon Aquino.

Estrada, 72, derided Senator Benigno Aquino, who earlier on Wednesday declared his candidacy in the May 10, 2010 election, 40 days after his mother's death. He dismissed the younger Aquino as a candidate of the rich.

"It doesn't change a thing. My plan is unchanged," Estrada, 72, told AFP, commenting on the bid by Aquino and another announcement by the mayor of Manila's financial district, Jejomar Binay, that he would no longer run.

"Let us let the people decide, not the elites and the bourgeois.

"All of them are from the rich set," he added, referring to the politicians who turned out at a Manila social club earlier to hear Aquino make his announcement.

Estrada, who was once a popular movie star, won the 1998 presidential election by a landslide but was unseated in a bloodless military coup in 2001 after being impeached for alleged corruption.

He was later arrested, put on trial and sentenced to life in prison in 2007, but served less than a month in jail as he won a pardon from his successor, President Gloria Arroyo.

Aquino's declaration thinned the opposition presidential contenders by two, with not only Binay dropping out but also Senator Manuel Roxas, who endorsed fellow Liberal Party politician Aquino.

Estrada has always denied being corrupt and describes his downfall as a plot by the elite, who saw him as a gatecrasher.

On Thursday he described as "not likely" the prospect of the opposition uniting behind a single candidate to challenge the Arroyo camp's candidate, who has yet to be named.

"We are not from the same party. I have my own," Estrada said.

Arroyo is barred by the constitution from seeking a second six-year term, but Estrada insists he is qualified to seek a full term because he did not finish his mandate in 1998.

- AFP/ir

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tension in Thailand as under-fire police chief quits
Posted: 09 September 2009 2043 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

Police stand guard outside Bangkok's Government House (file picture).

Related News

• Thai protesters delay rally to coup anniversary

• Thailand prepares 5,000-strong force against Red Shirt rally

• Thailand to invoke security act for Thaksin protest

• Thai king calls for unity as political tensions grow

BANGKOK - Thailand's national police chief resigned on Wednesday, days after an anti-graft body held him responsible for deadly clashes between anti-government protesters and police last year.

General Patcharawat Wongsuwan handed in his resignation to Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva just hours after the premier shifted him to a desk job, following months of trying to remove the senior policeman.

But his resignation is likely to create tensions between the police force and the government less than two weeks before a major protest by supporters of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission ruled on Monday that Patcharawat violated criminal law during a crackdown on anti-Thaksin "Yellow Shirt" demonstrators who surrounded parliament in October 2008.

Clashes between police and the protesters left two people dead and around 500 injured. The Yellow Shirts blockaded Bangkok's airports later that year, leading to the fall of the pro-Thaksin government of the time.

"I have submitted my resignation letter to the PM, I want to take a rest," Patcharawat told reporters. "I have served as a police officer for a long time, I have 21 days left before I retire."

Abhisit has already tried to remove Patacharawat several times and has been at odds with his allies in the ruling coalition over the appointment of a new chief to replace him.

He has accused Patcharawat, the younger brother of defence minister Prawit Wongsuwan, of obstructing an investigation into the attempted assassination of the leader of the "Yellow Shirt" movement in April.

"The case of Patcharawat may create a loophole and confusion, so to prevent such a scenario I will sign the order transferring the national police chief to Government House," Abhisit told reporters earlier.

"During that time I will appoint General Thanee Somboonsup as acting national police chief," he said.

The government is now likely to have fears about the commitment of the security forces to tackling protests by pro-Thaksin "Red Shirts" set for September 19, the third anniversary of the military coup that ousted Thaksin.

Thaksin himself is a former policeman.

The government has pledged tough action to prevent a repeat of events in April when Red Shirts derailed a major Asian summit in the seaside resort of Pattaya and then went on the rampage in Bangkok.

- AFP/ir

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ruling coalition deal sealed in Japan

Thu, Sep 10, 2009
The Straits Times

By Kwan Weng Kin

TOKYO: Leaders of the dominant Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ) and two small parties yesterday reached an accord to form a coalition government after nearly a week of negotiations.

The deal came after the Social Democratic Party (SDP) finally agreed to a compromise wording on a proposal to review the state of American military facilities in Japan with the aim of reducing the burden on the residents of Okinawa prefecture. Most of the US bases in Japan are located in the southern island prefecture.

Neither the DPJ nor the People's New Party (PNP), the third member of the coalition, is eager for any stronger wording for fear that it could upset the US.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
LDP at a loss over choice of new chief

Wed, Sep 09, 2009
The Straits Times

By Kwan Weng Kin

TOKYO: Still reeling from its electoral defeat, Japan's Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) has found itself agonising over yet another tricky problem: whom to nominate as the country's new prime minister.

Never mind that it would be a mere formality.

Mr Yukio Hatoyama, leader of the Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ) which swept the Aug 30 general election, will most certainly clinch the top job at a special sitting of Parliament next Wednesday

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Democrats visit nursing home as part of community service
Tuesday, 08 September 2009
Singapore Democrats

In our effort to perform community service and to raise awareness of volunteer work, the Singapore Democrats visited a nursing home over the weekend.

Armed with cakes, pastries and drinks, our members and friends came ready to do whatever they could to assist the staff there and to help bring a little cheer to the elderly residents.

The folks there were clearly happy to have visitors, their faces lighting up when they saw us. As we settled down and made conversation, it was clear that they enjoyed the attention and the break in their daily routine.

Some of them were bed-ridden and could not interact much with us. Despite this they seemed to appreciate our presence and often held our hands. The physical contact seemed to go a long way in helping to soothe aching bones and tired nerves.

They were especially taken in by the children who had come along. "How are you, ah ma?" one of them asked.

"You're so lovely. Thanks for coming to see us," the 80-year-old granny replied as she held on to the young hand. "Come, I give you something," she beckoned, shuffling back to her bed from the common room.

She pulled out a preserved plum: "This is for you."

Another resident told us, "I'm over a hundred years old and cannot walk. I retired a long time ago." When we told him that we would return and visit on a regular basis, he broke into a smile and a teardrop ran down his face.

As this was the first time we were visiting the facility, one of our objectives was to familiarise ourselves with its staff and operations so that we can organise our resources to do more in future.

Those who wish to help in this project can contact us at [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

To benefit the people, To serve the people, To hear and help the people policy. To perform better.