• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Void Deck Wedding Too Noisy for Ang Moh!

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe our Canadian friend should understand the meaning of racial tolerance and harmony in Singapore. Guns ablazing about human rights and freedom without acknowledging the sacrifices made by others in cooperating towards the betterment in Singapore is a dangerous misconception that must be nipped at the roots.

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Ang Moh cannot take it, don't stay in SG.... get lost to somewhere else where it is quiet.... If want to remain here, learn to adapt the culture here and keep your FxxKing mouth SHUT ! :biggrin:

HalalOink

Alfrescian
Loyal
He makes it sound as though every week there is a wedding at those three blocks of HDB flats surrounding his condo and that every unit has a Malay family staying there... What an over exaggerating piece, even if I agree the singing at Malay weddings hardly leave a lasting impression to my hearing...

monster.cookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a guise for a pay raise la. See his condo surrounded by HDB blocks? His objective is to say that he is staying too close to the regular folks and hope our super rich uni to get him an apartment at the Carribean or Pebble Bay la.

KNN. Come and make good money still want to kpkb so much.....

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is what i called zero tolerance by a FT ......

we need to tell them something simple like "F**k back to your country"

we have been having weddings in the void deck since your are still swimming in your father balls......

jw5

Loyal
try putting yourself in those angmo shoes . if you were to live overseas , be prepare to experience some culture shocks :biggrin:
Exactly. So if he can't accept the culture shocks, don't live overseas.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>The avoid deck
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Mark Featherstone
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

My condo is bounded on three sides by HDB flats, and a morning walk will sometimes take me past a void deck bustling with much unloading, cooking and arranging in preparation for a wedding reception or some other celebration. I've noticed that the sound system is set up and tested early, reflecting the importance of music for the festivities.

Something similar happens at West Mall when the floor of the cavernous central core is turned over to a stage from which one man - a lone, sadistic singer - attempts to render hundreds of shoppers permanently deaf. I'm never sure what the occasion is, though I suspect there is at least one national 'Make the Customer Suffer Day'.
Mark Featherstone is a Canadian and a professor at the School of Biological Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. He will come to your wedding if you let him sing.

Serve him right for getting a apartment at bukit batok. If want to avoid heartlanders, he shd had spend more money to get an apartment at bukit timah.:rolleyes:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
it seems that ppl from other countries cannot take stress - not only ang mos ... china nurses have complained that void deck funerals are too noisy & disturb their sleep, and they have to work shifts ... makes sense, but also makes me wonder why singaporeans all these while have been SO TOLERANT and never complain at all ? especially the older generation - damn tolerant, everything also can tahan ... everything say 'ne'er mind, ne're mind' ...

foreigners, younger & educated singaporeans now have a lot to say abt - noise pollution, overcrowding, unfair govt policies ... thats why ah loong is finding it alot harder to govern than his dad's time ...

its a good thing foreigners are speaking up ... i hope they will lead the way for locals to become more vocal & opiniated in time to come ...

void deck funerals, noisy weddings, 7th month auction, children running around - ok for kampung life but lethal for HDB concrete jungle ...

last time no telephone, no sms - who die, who give birth, who marry - must annouce loud loud with cymbals & gongs ...

nowadays no need ... send an email, sms ... immediately u know who die ...

i hope life will become quieter :smile:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shame on him, as a canadian to display such intolerance! Maybe that's why he is here and not in canada.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
They burn many thing and many hell bank money. But how come nobody burn boxes. No boxes how to carry so much money when burnt to the afterlife?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiya he dun like anytime can go to pub/disco/geylang why the hell we even bother discussing abt them in the first place?

if i go thailand during songkran, i dun like being wet can ask the govt stop tis festival meh?

He should move to Oxley Rd neighbourhood lah

Get free security check :p

With old mans wife ill, the neighbors must have curfew on when they can make noise :rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just imagine having more than 1 million foreigners with zero tolerance here, Singaporean has no peace. How to be gracious when every damned FT think we owe them a living. Oh, the PM told us so and yet he wants us to be gracious towards them. Singaporean are lost and have no choice unless we emigrate for good.

NobleEagle

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn all these foreigners damn lucky in Singapore, foreign expats come here enjoy expats pay at the expense of our job n pay, foreign FLs and Nightclub girls come here take us as Carrot Heads and Everyone here act machiam they ALL Superstars

Fuck man if they are in Thailand or Indonesia or other places confirm kena raped or stabbed to death but in Sillypore we as Sillyporean has to lan lan take their shits...fukin garment "Pui and Pui!!"

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
so sarcastic and he think he is being witty. why is this kind of trash allowed to be published.

he should go build a tent at west coast park. :mad:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the eyes of sinkie govt, ang moh is like a "God", and towards sinkie is just piece of trash.

Sad but it true.