• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vivian: Govt aware of political risk but it is worth taking

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
brain washed?

he is an intelligent doctor
a smart move by the good doctor
joined the best political party in the world
contributed to the world's best governance
now he is advocating for mass immigration
well done - carry on doc!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
this would not be problem if temasek paid decent rates to CPF board and in turn members will have enjoy decent returns instead of inflation losing 2.5% crap from CPF.

Temasek screwed up our CPF returns, and snowballing into lack of retirement security and this eventual BS about needing more workers to support the elderly.

well done PAP!

You should have learnt early that once PAP started their nonsense and dirty tricks on the CPF, you should not have relied on it as a form of retirement.

As a matter of fact, to use your CPF as a form of investment, just like what Ho Ching does to it and with the high number of FTs pouring in, you generate more gains than what Ho Ching loses.

Look at it this way. Opportunities are plentiful and you could use the MIW rules to your own benefit while it last. If you can't then don't blame the MIWs for being daft.

Or you could join these forumers and lambast the PAP day and night and complain till the cows come home and still end up worse than if they had not complained in the first place.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You should have learnt early that once PAP started their nonsense and dirty tricks on the CPF, you should not have relied on it as a form of retirement.

As a matter of fact, to use your CPF as a form of investment, just like what Ho Ching does to it and with the high number of FTs pouring in, you generate more gains than what Ho Ching loses.

Look at it this way. Opportunities are plentiful and you could use the MIW rules to your own benefit while it last. If you can't then don't blame the MIWs for being daft.

Or you could join these forumers and lambast the PAP day and night and complain till the cows come home and still end up worse than if they had not complained in the first place.

brilliant post! i up u!!!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Even if there is a sudden baby boom now, said Dr Balakrishnan, “they will only be 17 years old in 2030”.

Than they should have planned it better 15 years ago. Its all just to cover all their mistakes in the past. Fuck them all to hell.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Even if there is a sudden baby boom now, said Dr Balakrishnan, “they will only be 17 years old in 2030”.

Than they should have planned it better 15 years ago. Its all just to cover all their mistakes in the past. Fuck them all to hell.
nobody had predicted that singapore could survive and not only did we survive, but we went over-board and became an economic miracle...we lost that 20/20 foresight and hindsight....nobody could have predicted the miracle ...

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
brilliant post! i up u!!!

Uncle, don't get me wrong.

I did not say the PAP is ALL BAD. It WAS good and then it got BAD.

The way they had created a system and that system has now made their own true bred citizen hopeless, that is where the PAP should take the blame.

If the PAP had instead created a system where the worthy FTs are like their citizens now, then the country with such a capitalist based sytem would prosper greatly.

But to have worthwhile, brilliant, creative ppl to be created earlier ,the PAP would also faced being voted out earlier for their draconian style of governing.

Now you see, the PAP is a loser on both ends.

They have created fucked up Sinkie especially those born after the 1965 and early 70s and now want to correct their mistake by transplanting alot of FTs.

FTs who are just as fucked up as their later born Sinkie.

It's will be lose-lose game for them eventually.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SGP Population.jpg

Based on the data collected by world bank, the population of Sillypore has been kept increasing for the past 50 years.
Year 2011 already hit 5.1837mil and i am quite sure by end of 2012 the figure already quite close to 5.5mil allready.

So as you can see .... the Sillypore gahbrament already got the 7mil population planned out long time ago espeically from year 2000 onwards which saw quite a sharp rise in population. At the rate of influx of foreigners, my guess is the population can easily hit 7mil within the next 5 years or so. This assumption is just based on worst case scenario but seems like reaching the target of 7mil won't be far.

The announcement made by our gahbrament is already a post-decision and we local S'poreans have been tricked in believing their pack of lies and empty promises.

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 8946

Based on the data collected by world bank, the population of Sillypore has been kept increasing for the past 50 years.
Year 2011 already hit 5.1837mil and i am quite sure by end of 2012 the figure already quite close to 5.5mil allready.

So as you can see .... the Sillypore gahbrament already got the 7mil population planned out long time ago espeically from year 2000 onwards which saw quite a sharp rise in population. At the rate of influx of foreigners, my guess is the population can easily hit 7mil within the next 5 years or so. This assumption is just based on worst case scenario but seems like reaching the target of 7mil won't be far.

The announcement made by our gahbrament is already a post-decision and we local S'poreans have been tricked in believing their pack of lies and empty promises.

Way back in 1996, my pal (very close to the old bastard) the CEO of one of the largest construction firms here and Malaysia whose firm built many of our expressways and major projects, told me that the old bastard had sanctioned for our population to grow to 6m to 7.5m by importing foreigners.

This tip helped me decide to plunge into property investment.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, police scholars were encouraged to invest in properties in the mid-90s. Can't recall the name of their exclusive club though. They had regular meetings with top politicians. And the one who told me this happens to be a super high flier in the civil service today.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Our citizen population will halve every two generations,” he said.

“The real emergency is not babies, but ageing. That is why the population will increase in the short-term before the inevitable decrease in the long-term.”

Dr Balakrishnan noted that Singapore today has almost six working-age citizens for every senior. In 2030, it will be two working-age citizens for every senior.

Even if there is a sudden baby boom now, said Dr Balakrishnan, “they will only be 17 years old in 2030”.

“Hence, we will need some kind of ‘top up’ over the next two decades — foreigners to work with us, care for us, pay taxes and to help create opportunities.”

He added: “Our main focus must be the hopes, dreams and fears of our current 3.2 million Singapore citizens and our future children. Everyone and everything else is secondary.

“That is why the government is taking such a big political risk in publishing (the White Paper).”

1. Importing massive population only solves the young adults to old folks ratio TEMPORARILY. The massive numbers of imported working adults would themselves grow old requiring maybe 14million population then. There is a limit to high rise bldgs, road building, tunnel digging, land reclaiming and water desalination, energy needs etc.

2. Foreigners remit their income overseas resulting in a leakage in the money supply.

3. The so called population SHORTFALL ignores the high numbers of ABORTED BABIES ANNUALLY which would have offset the need for foreign imports if only the ABORTION ACT was REPEALED!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody had predicted that singapore could survive and not only did we survive, but we went over-board and became an economic miracle...we lost that 20/20 foresight and hindsight....nobody could have predicted the miracle ...

no need to have 20/20 foresight on the aging population. They have the statistics now as they had it than. Their FT policies have failed them than and will fail them in the future. Even banglas can get PR easily than. So with all the cheap labour that came in than, are things cheaper now or than?

Are those kids whom are 17 years old now going to have a better peesai in 17 years from now? From the statistics on child births today, I guess not. If peesai going to have a good prospect more sinkees will have kids, but most dont see a good future thats why they choose not to have kids.

By coming out saying that we gonna import more FTs from today onwards, peesai going to see less child births next year.
Be prepared for your sons doing 3 years of NS in the future as most FTs aint gonna let their sons do it.

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, police scholars were encouraged to invest in properties in the mid-90s. Can't recall the name of their exclusive club though. They had regular meetings with top politicians. And the one who told me this happens to be a super high flier in the civil service today.

All these White Paper bullshits are just a stage-play cos decision was already made by the old bastard way back in the 90's.

alternativemediarocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not too sure Vivi has any credibility left, ponding and all.
If the government is serious about the white paper,
It should PUBLISH information how PRESENT INFRASTRUCTURE would deal with the influx of more people and How the government deems it will do in a scenario of 6.9Mil.
No speculative futuristic promises of how it would upgrade the infrastructure. Because this are ALL in the future, not practical and may or may NOT be done.

Further, the above information should be available to any citizen who inquires, that would be a BALANCED evaluation and white paper wouldn't it?
In a Facebook post titled “Political suicide vs demographic extinction” last night, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Vivian Balakrishnan said he would prefer to have a smaller population of foreigners here but “we are facing the crisis of our lifetime”.

“Our citizen population will halve every two generations,” he said.

“The real emergency is not babies, but ageing. That is why the population will increase in the short-term before the inevitable decrease in the long-term.”

Dr Balakrishnan noted that Singapore today has almost six working-age citizens for every senior. In 2030, it will be two working-age citizens for every senior.

Even if there is a sudden baby boom now, said Dr Balakrishnan, “they will only be 17 years old in 2030”.

“Hence, we will need some kind of ‘top up’ over the next two decades — foreigners to work with us, care for us, pay taxes and to help create opportunities.”

He added: “Our main focus must be the hopes, dreams and fears of our current 3.2 million Singapore citizens and our future children. Everyone and everything else is secondary.

“The headline numbers and the speed of change are scary — but we must keep our cool and decide confidently as one people on our future destiny regardless of politics.

“That is why the government is taking such a big political risk in publishing (the White Paper).”

alternativemediarocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Way back in 1996, my pal (very close to the old bastard) the CEO of one of the largest construction firms here and Malaysia whose firm built many of our expressways and major projects, told me that the old bastard had sanctioned for our population to grow to 6m to 7.5m by importing foreigners.

Somehow I am not surprised...

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey, chup-cheng neh

The crisis of our lifetime are pee-a-pee scums like you.

Gimme a good reason why should we trust a chup-cheng neh with a girly name ?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had a local conversation with my friends over a limkopi session .We concurred that the PAP's Grand Population White Paper is a highly potential man-made disaster looming over little red dot just like Mao's Grand Great Leap Forward.Realistically,if u don't have so big head,why insist to put on a big hat ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a local conversation with my friends over a limkopi session .We concurred that the PAP's Grand Population White Paper is a highly potential man-made disaster looming over little red dot just like Mao's Grand Great Leap Forward.Realistically,if u don't have so big head,why insist to put on a big hat ?

Ah, but more people = more GDP growth, and their pay is directly linked to the GDP growth. :wink:

What truly amuses me is how the PAP govt insists that the population plan is 'sustainable' when even an honest person of average IQ would have looked at the statistics and conclude it to be unsustainable.

This deceit is right up there with Orwellian 'war is peace', 'freedom is slavery' and 'ignorance is strength'.

Dark days for this island.