• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Sg couple clears their tray/plates after finishing meal at eatery, shocking matlanders, who would never bother to do so

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
more like educated in usa or arsetralia. sinkies won’t push back chair or bench to original position.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the video, & especially THANKS to the Singaporean Couple, which is innocuous & perhaps born out of good HABITS. My rare salute to them.

EACH citizen IS an AMBASSADOR of one's own country. Ambassadors are IMPORTANT, need not be OFFICALLY assigned, but it represents WHAT one's country is, which WILL lead to Humankind Worldwide PERCEPTIONS of the one's nation, & COMPARISONS made...

NO mortal is perfect, & each has FLAWS, including myself.

The insignificant nobody me would like to share experiences, if I may.

Most High end restaurants would have waiters to clear tables once the customer leaves. During peak periods of lunch, dinners or special occasions, the waiter staff would be OVER BURDENED to clear tables, so as to give the next customer a CLEAN table. As such, most customers would have to BEAR with long waiting times outside for tables to be cleared & cleaned, even if reservations were made.

Worse still, some high end restaurant management resort to directing waiters to clear tables, even if food is NOT even finished while customers & guests are deep in conversations, so as to send an IMPLICIT message to customers - leave now....

There is no right or wrong, but only restaurant owners policy towards high paying guests...some owners are good & visionary with SEPARATE cleaning staff to clear tables, & some are absolutely skinflint & atrocious, using overwhelmed waitering staff to clear tables & thus the long waiting times, & they would only go bankrupt in time as bad experiences from customers are always the cause of patronage loss...

HOWEVER, when it comes to low end restaurants or hawker stalls, most of such biz entrepreneurs DO have a budget to work on to keep COSTS low. They would not have a DEDICATED cleaning staff to clear tables, as costs would rise. And thus during peak periods, many tables WOULD be left with unappetizing debris from previous diners....destroying even the appetite of new customers - bones, half eaten food, tissue papers, etc...

I am a believer of the 'Pass it on' movement, for evolution & a better world to live in for oneself & future innocent generations under the golden rule - do not do unto others what you would not want others to do unto you. The ROI are often not tangible immediately, but over time, like evolution, will be evident. To change the World, the change begins with each of us...from the SMALLEST DETAIL, as such are the foundations of change..

Not many would be customers of high end restaurant establishments, but MANY whom would seek VALUE with hard earned salaries, would patronize low cost but stomach filling hawker stalls. It is not that difficult to clear a table, which only takes a few minutes of time from an individual than a dedicated cleaning personnel to do so, as it would not be ONE but MANY tables to clear, & give a chance to others to have a clean table & enjoy their food & full use of their limited time for lunch or dinner....

Last edited:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
There IS a DIFFERENCE between 'to serve' & to be in 'servitude'.

To serve is a policy by leaders whom are often elected.

Their role is to PROVIDE the BASIC necessities & opportunities for their followers to live, to survive, to encourage, to grow & expand for peace, justice, equality, prosperity & progress COLLECTIVELY, but NOT provide DESIRES for each individuals which are an endless pit - a lamborghini, mansion with a pool, endless streams of income, or even 72 virgins daily, etc, etc. - No mortal govt has such abilities, nor taxpayers funding...

To be in servitude, one will have NO rights or Free Will to decide one's own fate thru wise & informed CHOICE, but live on knees perpetually, or else be terminated...

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the video, & especially THANKS to the Singaporean Couple, which is innocuous & perhaps born out of good HABITS. My rare salute to them.

EACH citizen IS an AMBASSADOR of one's own country. Ambassadors are IMPORTANT, need not be OFFICALLY assigned, but it represents WHAT one's country is, which WILL lead to Humankind Worldwide PERCEPTIONS of the one's nation, & COMPARISONS made...

NO mortal is perfect, & each has FLAWS, including myself.

The insignificant nobody me would like to share experiences, if I may.

Most High end restaurants would have waiters to clear tables once the customer leaves. During peak periods of lunch, dinners or special occasions, the waiter staff would be OVER BURDENED to clear tables, so as to give the next customer a CLEAN table. As such, most customers would have to BEAR with long waiting times outside for tables to be cleared & cleaned, even if reservations were made.

Worse still, some high end restaurant management resort to directing waiters to clear tables, even if food is NOT even finished while customers & guests are deep in conversations, so as to send an IMPLICIT message to customers - leave now....

There is no right or wrong, but only restaurant owners policy towards high paying guests...some owners are good & visionary with SEPARATE cleaning staff to clear tables, & some are absolutely skinflint & atrocious, using overwhelmed waitering staff to clear tables & thus the long waiting times, & they would only go bankrupt in time as bad experiences from customers are always the cause of patronage loss...

HOWEVER, when it comes to low end restaurants or hawker stalls, most of such biz entrepreneurs DO have a budget to work on to keep COSTS low. They would not have a DEDICATED cleaning staff to clear tables, as costs would rise. And thus during peak periods, many tables WOULD be left with unappetizing debris from previous diners....destroying even the appetite of new customers - bones, half eaten food, tissue papers, etc...

I am a believer of the 'Pass it on' movement, for evolution & a better world to live in for oneself & future innocent generations under the golden rule - do not do unto others what you would not want others to do unto you. The ROI are often not tangible immediately, but over time, like evolution, will be evident. To change the World, the change begins with each of us...from the SMALLEST DETAIL, as such are the foundations of change..

Not many would be customers of high end restaurant establishments, but MANY whom would seek VALUE with hard earned salaries, would patronize low cost but stomach filling hawker stalls. It is not that difficult to clear a table, which only takes a few minutes of time from an individual than a dedicated cleaning personnel to do so, as it would not be ONE but MANY tables to clear, & give a chance to others to have a clean table & enjoy their food & full use of their limited time for lunch or dinner....

Fuck off and write for the Straits Times.

jw5

Loyal
This act is very common by people in first world countries. One of the few good things PAP has done. :thumbsup::notworthy::geek: