• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Video: Man pushes old woman out of the bus

Shermie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Video: Man pushes old woman out of the bus

by Satish Cheney
7 June 2012 1:46 PM | Updated 8:48 PM

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin: 4px 0px; ">(Photo / Screengrab from TNP YouTube page)</cite>

<object width="420" height="315" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; "><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yexAR4t4Wx8?version=3&hl=en_GB&rel=0" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
</object>
(Video from The New Paper's YouTube page. Video sent in by TNP reader Dennis Lum.)

It’s a shocking video which shows a young man pushing an elderly woman out of a bus.

But there's more to the story.

Reported first by The New Paper (TNP) - 25-year-old Alex Ong went berserk on the 76-year old woman because she was late in pressing the bell to indicate to the driver she wanted to get off at the bus stop.

The driver had to stop the vehicle after it had passed the bus stop to allow the woman to alight.

Ong got furious at this and started blasting her verbally at the rear exit of the bus.

At one point he raised his hand as if he was going to give her a hard slap.

The incident happened on Tuesday afternoon along Upper Thomson Road.

On his Facebook page, Ong gave his side of the story.

He said he had simply advised the woman not to press the bell at the last minute the next time she took the bus but the woman had apparently shouted at him that she did not do it intentionally.

And so, an argument started, he says.

“With emotions running high, I let loose a "I will slap you!" to her, to which she said "come!" I reached breaking point and gave her a light push, which resulted in her falling off the steps,” he said.

Ong, who has given his statement to the police, said he never intended to injure the woman and revealed that he is suffering from medical conditions.

He wrote:“I have a deep respect for elders. The only reason why I did any of this was because deep-down inside, I felt offended, I felt the need to defend myself...I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I had clinical depression resulting from the abuse I went through in NS and secondary school, and when I was younger I was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)."

He added that he had to endure a lifetime of abuse and bullying from primary school to National Service.

Ong said the old woman has agreed to drop the matter after an apology from him and also because she came to know about his situation.

Ong, whose parents are separated, said he does not have an easy life and that money and jobs are hard to come by.

He also referred to himself as a product of a society that has abused, neglected and misunderstood him.

“When your life dreams are taken away right in front of you, by people who are supposed to help you, with the help of people who are determined to make your life miserable, the amount of rage that builds up inside you can only be immense,” he wrote.

Shermie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man filmed shoving elderly woman off public bus

By Qiuyi Tan | Posted: 07 June 2012 2115 hrs

display_image.php

SINGAPORE: A man was caught on camera shoving an elderly woman off a bus, an incident police have classified as "voluntarily causing hurt".

Authorities told Channel NewsAsia that the 25-year-old has also been hauled in for questioning.

He shouted, threatened to hit her, and finally shoved the elderly woman off the bus.

Other passengers immediately responded - including Ms Tina Chang.

"It was not a light push, it was really hard! Had she not grabbed hold of the handle (on the door) when she fell, she would have flown off," she said.

The incident apparently started when the elderly woman pressed the bell late, resulting in the bus stopping past the bus stop.

"He started shouting at her first, and then he approached her, and threatened to slap her. She was quite shocked, (and) she was shaking," said Ms Chang.

The man, identified as Alex Ong, said on his Facebook page that he suffers from clinical depression.

Associate Professor Munidasa Winslow, senior consultant at Winslow Clinic, said: "Having a condition, having obsessive compulsive disorder or Asperger's or whatever else, is not a carte blanche credit for you to be able to misbehave or do whatever you want to.

"You still have to live by society's norms. If you find you have problems with that, then it's incumbent on you to go and seek help."

On his blog, Alex Ong said what happened was the result of anger simmering inside him - at the difficulty of finding a good job, and even at the recent fatal crash involving a Ferrari and a taxi.

Mental conditions are not necessarily increasing in Singapore, Dr Winslow said, but they are showing up more often with the help of social media and the Internet.

It may also be the impact of social change on the younger generation.

"(For) the early generations in Singapore, when we went to school the prevailing sentiment was that life is difficult," said Dr Winslow.

"But in later generations, some people at least, seem to go in with the feeling that life is supposed to be easy, and why is it that everybody is making life difficult for me?"

It's unclear whether Ong will be charged, as police continue their investigations.

- CNA/cc

Shermie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man who pushed elderly woman blames behaviour on depression

20120608.162031_aunty_pushed.jpg

AsiaOne
Friday, Jun 08, 2012

The man who pushed a 76-year-old woman off a stationary bus on Tuesday, is claiming that he suffers from depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and Asperger's syndrome.

The New Paper (TNP) reported yesterday that Alex Ong, 25, was angry at an elderly woman for pressing the bell button too late, causing the bus to stop a distance away from the bus bay.

Mr Ong posted several posts on his Facebook and blog yesterday expressing remorse over his actions onboard bus service 167.

In these online posts, he asks for the public to assess the situation by putting themselves in his shoes.

His behaviour, he says, can be attributed to an unhappy childhood and emotional instability. He also claims to be on medication for clinical depression, diagnosed in 2009.

The New Paper reported that he had shouted at the woman, telling her not to press the bell at the last minute, and she replied by telling him that it was none of his business.

Mr Ong then approached the woman and raised his arm, threatening to hit her. He eventually pushed her out of the door after yelling, 'This is not your bus.'

A fellow commuter, who filmed the incident on his mobile phone, told TNP that Mr Ong had a sudden change of attitude after the bus driver informed him that the police had been called.

He said to the woman, "I'm very sorry for my actions, but you should've heeded my advice and not shouted at me."

The video clip has attracted more than 336,000 views since it was posted online on June 6.

Regret

Mr Ong expressed regret over the incident in several Facebook posts after netizens lambasted him for hurting an elderly lady.

In the posts, he reiterated that he had not deliberately wanted to hurt the elderly lady, and that he had not stopped worrying about her since the incident.

He also asked for the public to empathise with him, writing, "Do any of you really, truly know what it is like to be in my shoes? Really?".

In a posting on his blog, which has since been locked with a password, Mr Ong also claims that the stress of looking for a job had gotten to him.

Having been unemployed for more than six months, his emotional instability had gotten worse as he was also battling several "psychological issues".

When he contacting TNP to give his side of the story, Mr Ong said, "I am looking for jobs now, and I'm planning to reply to an e-mail about a job offer. But I don't know what they are thinking of me now."

Despite several attempts at explaining his behaviour, many netizens seem divided on whether Mr Ong is just creating excuses and seeking public sympathy.

Mr Ong told TNP in an interview that he has even gone to the police over a threatening comment sent to him via Facebook.

Alex Ong could face charges for voluntarily causing hurt and is now aiding the police with investigations.

Givanildo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man charged with pushing elderly woman down bus

By Claire Huang | Posted: 07 November 2012 1118 hrs

display_image.php

Screen grab of a YouTube video showing Alex Ong pushing an elderly woman off a public bus after a heated dispute.

SINGAPORE: The man who pushed an elderly woman down a bus along Upper Thomson Road has been charged in court.

Ong Kok Hao, 25, is accused of hurting 76-year-old Hwang Li Lian on bus service number 167 at about 3pm on June 5 this year.

Ong is said to have used his right hand to push the old woman on her back, causing her to fall on the steps of the bus.

The incident was captured in a two-minute video and uploaded on YouTube.

The video shows Ong suddenly flying into a rage at Mrs Hwang for pressing the bell at the last minute along Upper Thomson Road.

A shouting match then ensued and during the heated spat, Ong threatened to slap the woman, before pushing her down the bus.

Ong's lawyer Eddie Koh will be making representations to the court. The case will next be mentioned in December.

- CNA/fa/xq

Givanildo

Alfrescian
Loyal

okhtf1e.jpg

Ong Kok Hao, 25, is charged with voluntarily causing hurt to a 76-year-old woman by pushing her off the steps of a bus, causing her to fall down.
-- ST PHOTO: NADARAJAN RAJENDRAN

iluvu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now he pushes old lady off bus and blame it on not having a job and under emotional stress.
What will he do next if his girl-friend leaves him?

Anonymouse

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mandatory treatment ordered for man who pushed elderly woman

By Claire Huang | Posted: 08 March 2013 1116 hrs

okhtf1e.jpg

SINGAPORE: The young man who came under the spotlight last year after he pushed an elderly woman in a bus was on Friday ordered to undergo mandatory treatment.

Ong Kok Hao, 25, was convicted of pushing 76-year-old Hwang Li Lian and causing her to fall on the steps of the bus service 167's exit.

This happened along upper Thomson Road in June last year.

The incident was captured in a two-minute video, which was uploaded on YouTube.

The video shows Ong suddenly flying into a rage at Mrs Hwang for pressing the bell at the last minute along Upper Thomson Road.

A shouting match then ensued.

During the heated spat, Ong threatened to slap the woman before he pushed her in the bus.

Ong's lawyer Eddie Koh said his client is suffering from Asperger's syndrome, a disorder where the person displays significant difficulty in social interaction, as well as obessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and depression.

The court ordered Ong, who does not have a full-time job, to undergo mandatory monthly treatment for his disorders.

- CNA/xq

wiscom

Alfrescian
Loyal
not all old people are weak nad defenceless, in fact most of them are brutes themselves elbowing and shoving their way to get in front of the line, worst of all come time to alight or get on the bus take their bloody on sweet time....