• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Kishore Mahbubani gives geopolitics lesson to American China expert

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
We're already a vassal state of the US la. Ditto for Korea, Japan, Philippines and Australia.

US nuclear submarines dock regularly at Changi Naval Base. Where do you think the Chinese missiles will be targeted in SE Asia?
There are only 2 world super powers to associate with: USA and China. If your preference is China, then I think you are living in the wrong country. You should know this yourself very well from your own post above.

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are only 2 world super powers to associate with: USA and China. If your preference is China, then I think you are living in the wrong country. You should know this yourself very well from your own post above.
I'd prefer that Singapore played a balancing role between the 2 powers - why take sides if you're a small country? That's what the non-aligned movement is for, and we're a member.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd prefer that Singapore played a balancing role between the 2 powers - why take sides if you're a small country? That's what the non-aligned movement is for, and we're a member.
Well. the PAPies have already reiterated their stand on this, but behind the scene, we know that they are closer to the USA.

After all, China has all along been giving us unfair treatment. During the last Olympic Games in China, the Olympic torch had traversed in Malaysia and Indonesia, but had deliberately skipped Singapore. Restraining our SAF tanks whilst in transit in Hong Kong is another unfair issue. And there are many more others.

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
After all, China has all along been giving us unfair treatment. During the last Olympic Games in China, the Olympic torch had traversed in Malaysia and Indonesia, but had deliberately skipped Singapore. Restraining our SAF tanks whilst in transit in Hong Kong is another unfair issue. And there are many more others.
I think the 'unfair treatment' was a signal of China's displeasure at Pinky's foreign policy tilting towards the US.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the 'unfair treatment' was a signal of China's displeasure at Pinky's foreign policy tilting towards the US.
You should know this very well that China will always use their Bullying attitude (against any country that do not agree with their views) instead of the non-confrontational Coercing attitude. Just look at how they banned commodity imports from Australia when the latter insisted on digging into the origin of Covid.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why China is never a leader.
Fully agree. They are never magnanimous.

My ex-colleage from Nanjing once told me: "We have been bullied by foreigners for so long, so now it's time for us to bully others." I was liked: WTF?

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should know this very well that China will always use their Bullying attitude (against any country that do not agree with their views) instead of the non-confrontational Coercing attitude. Just look at how they banned commodity imports from Australia when the latter insisted on digging into the origin of Covid.
I agree that the Chinese could be more magnanimous. Trouble even though they have risen to big power status, they still harbour a 'victim complex' due to 150 years of bullying and humiliation by foreign powers, hence the need to always assert their position and resort to punitive action. It will take time for the Chinese to adjust their mentality and be more at ease with their status.

Be that as it may, I believe in neutrality. But if you push me to select a power to ally with, I'd select the Chinese. 600 years of land grab, exploitation and disempowerment of native peoples by the Europeans have taught me a lesson: never trust the white man. 700 million white men still rule over 8 billion people today and own more than 90% of the planet's wealth.