• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vidal and Quagliarella elated with Juventus comeback after 2-2 draw with Chelsea

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vidal and Quagliarella elated with Juventus comeback after 2-2 draw with Chelsea

The Old Lady pair inspired the Italian side to a creditable draw at Stamford Bridge in their return to Europe's elite football competition

Sep 19, 2012 10:15:00 PM

By Max Bentley

211797hp2.jpg

Juventus goalscorers Arturo Vidal and Fabio Quagliarella praised their side's resolve after they fought back from two goals down to earn a point against Champions League holders Chelsea.

After Oscar had put Chelsea two goals ahead inside the opening 33 minutes, the Serie A champions dug deep to claim a respectable point and Quagliarella spoke of his delight at their strength of character.

Speaking to reporters after the game, the Italian striker said: "Considering the way the game was going, this is a very important result for us against the reigning champions.

“It was a tough game. I was called upon and hoped to have a few chances to score. I took one and went close with another by hitting the bar. I gave my all."

Since the return of Sebastian Giovinco from Parma, the 29-year-old striker has failed to hold down a starting role, but remains optimistic of being part of caretaker coach Massimo Carrera's plans.

"It’s certainly not easy to sit on the bench and watch the matches from the sidelines, but in a big team there is always going to be competition. I always sit there hoping to start or to come off the bench.

Maybe earlier than the last 10 minutes!
“I was running towards Marco Storari to celebrate with him and was very pleased to hug Massimo, as he is someone who suffers along with us. It was his Champions League debut too, so we were all a bit tense and emotional," he added.

Vidal suffered a knock to his ankle during the first-half, but moved to reassure fans that his injury is not serious.

“I had this ankle injury, but I am fine now and I’m happy the team proved the work we did last season led us to this. We’re happy to be in the Champions League,” said the Chilean midfielder.

“We showed the same heart as last year in Serie A. We want to play in three competitions and this is the Juventus we need to see every game.

“I am fine and will work with the doctors, so I should be fit for the weekend if the coach wants to pick me.”