• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Victim of unauthorised debit card deductions

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Friends,

Recently my debit card had been wipe off to the amount of nearly USD5,000 by this merchant MSFT *AZURE. I did not authorize the deduction and it must have stolen my debit card information. When I called the bank to stop the deduction while the money is still on hold, the bank refused and said they cannot.

Would be grateful if anyone can offer any help in exposing who is MSFT *AZURE

Thank you in advance.

I am willing to pay a small token to anyone who can help me recover the money.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Friends,

Recently my debit card had been wipe off to the amount of nearly USD5,000 by this merchant MSFT *AZURE. I did not authorize the deduction and it must have stolen my debit card information. When I called the bank to stop the deduction while the money is still on hold, the bank refused and said they cannot.

Thank you in advance.

What bank? I will not bank with them. Banks are liable if the transaction does not have your authorisation, eg signature or pin.
Check with your bank`s fraud dept.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Dear Friends,

Thank you in advance.

Your bank cannot refuse. Call the bank manager.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
the same thing happened to my supplementary card holder to the tune of $895 Sing dollars. The bank ( DBS ) faxed me a letter of contest, i filled it up and sent it back and eventually they advised me that they considered the transaction fraudulent and that i need not pay.

Dear Friends,

Thank you in advance.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did call the bank several times. They simply refused to stop the merchant from claiming the monies even it was on hold still citing some banking and card regulations. I threaten to close the account still they insist they would hold back the amount.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you prove it is a fraudulent transaction? A debit card is diff from a credit card. The amount is immediately deducted from your account. No credit is given.

But the bank needs to assist you in the investigations, not brush you aside.

Macroeconomics101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overseas Chinese Bank

Thank you. I have struck OCBC off my list. If you report the transaction as fraud and they refused to acknowledge it, you can complain to small claims tribunal and MAS.

Good habits to maintain: Always keep your card balance at zero. If you see a fraud and the bank refuses to acknowledge, tell the bank you won't pay even if they sue, call all the relevant authorities and post it on social media. Use social media to embarrass the bank.