• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

VB parliamentary behaviour and etiquette

bills

It appears that VB on several occasions addressed other MPs directly, and by their first names

[video=youtube;NiqBLu8XVkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiqBLu8XVkA[/video]

Standing order 48(1): "A Member ... shall address his observations to the Chair"

Standing order 50(5): "A Member ... shall be referred to by the Constituency he represents or the name he was returned to Parliament"

Why did the Speaker not admonish him?

What can MPs do in a situation like this?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speaker Halimah Yaacob has risen to the rank of Jiakliaobi!

It appears that VB on several occasions addressed other MPs directly, and by their first names

Standing order 48(1): "A Member ... shall address his observations to the Chair"

Standing order 50(5): "A Member ... shall be referred to by the Constituency he represents or the name he was returned to Parliament"

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed a lazy man ... complain that Aljunied Haogang TC to long for him to say. Does he has a choice? No.

If he can't be disciplined to follow protocol to address eachand every detail properly he has no quality to be a State person. Fark him!

Is this the type of coat tail quality candidate PA can get for their team?

Bad tree grow bad fruits ..... Word of God, the Holy Bible.

swampfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
i simply can't believe this half-breed son of a prostitute can be a minister. Seems to me the only qualifying attribute to be in office is just by being an asshole (that explains why there are so many of them in the ranks of the pap). Most of the time, he is full of himself, disdainful of others,and comes across as a petty bastard with a forked tongue and a personal vendetta against others. He was curt and rude to Lily Neo, raised up gay issue against VW in 2011, tried to fluff the public with some cockamania PSI story during the haze, amongst other things.

now this. i do not wish ill to befall upon him, although he deserves it. i am not that cruel. But i know he and his style of politics have become intolerable, he is not fit to be in office. Residents of Holland-BT must surely have realised this.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It appears that VB on several occasions addressed other MPs directly, and by their first names ...

probly nobody comprained ... :o

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AFK - World leaders pay tribute to Singapore Minister's speech

AJ201303190105M.jpg

Above: Leaders from Beijing gives Dr Balakrishnan a standing ovation.

From Berlin to Beijing, world leaders scrambled to congratulate Singaporean Minister, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan on the impassionated speech his has given regarding ceilings and the consequences of "gutter politics".

Within minutes of Dr Balakrishnan's speech, Senior Indonesian minister Agung Laksono took to his personal Twitter account to send "warm congratulations to my friend”.

Tweeting on the sidelines of the API API summit, Mr Agung Laksono also added that Dr Balakrishnan's speech "left me in a tizzy", and that he “looks forward to continuing to work together” with Dr Balakrishnan again.

In a surprising gesture, the Central Politburo Committee in China all rose to give Dr Balakrishnan a standing ovation. Railways Minister Chao Chibai told the media that "Dr Balakrishnan is a friend to China, and he is a model for our politics, here in China."

Some close observers approved Dr Balakrishnan's explicit invocation, for the first time, of other House members in personal terms, such as "you" & "your guy". Although his actions was in contravention of House protocol; with those boundaries have long been the presumed baseline for civility, many were impressed in how Dr Balakrishnan has made things personal, instead of objective. Political observer KP Tan declared: "This is a new normal for Singapore politics. I don't know what to say!"

It remains to be seen how Dr Balakrishnan's brand of "personal" politics would go down with voters in Singapore.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
????? :biggrin:

AFK - World leaders pay tribute to Singapore Minister's speech
In a surprising gesture, the Central Politburo Committee in China all rose to give Dr Balakrishnan a standing ovation. Railways Minister Chao Chibai told the media that "Dr Balakrishnan is a friend to China, and he is a model for our politics, here in China."

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Speaker is untrained.