• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Valu$ shop all staffed by pinoys

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday 10:28 PM #1
Gambler
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Sep 2011 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>403 </DD></DL>

[h=2]Valu$ shop all staffed by pinoys[/h]
WHat the F. not single singaporean workin in the shop. MOM allows foreigner to open shop in singapore and then let them hire all their own people to run the operations? these kind of low class job need low class Foreign talent to man the shop???

no wonder singapore is flooded with "foreign talent" .​

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday 10:28 PM #1
Gambler
user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Sep 2011 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>403 </DD></DL>

[h=2]Valu$ shop all staffed by pinoys[/h]
WHat the F. not single singaporean workin in the shop. MOM allows foreigner to open shop in singapore and then let them hire all their own people to run the operations? these kind of low class job need low class Foreign talent to man the shop???

no wonder singapore is flooded with "foreign talent" .​

Dear Frens,

just my 2 cents, these low level jobs, Singaporeans wont do as pay is low and working hours are long. There is no wrong in using foreign workers to supplement domestic labour.The problem comes in when F Trash takes away PMET jobs. that is the big issue.

Also, to me, if singaporeans are to take such low level jobs, it shows that Singapore has not advanced at all,,,,,,and all the economic development stuff is nothing but PAP crap.

I was told in Malaysia, the factory workers etc are mostly foreigners, the supervisors etc are local Malaysians.......that is what the PAP should be doing not replacing everyone with foreigners...

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to any pubs, restaurant, teleco..etc.. all happening in service industries, nothing uncommon.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinoys are number one when it comes to crowding the service industry, followed closely by the PRCs.

Why would a Singaporean work crazy hours for pittance? Pinoys and PRCs can remit SGD money back to their home country, their purchasing power is hardly compromised.

Now you know why the PAP refuses to implement a minimum wage law.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I work in the service industry and yes there are alot of FTs in it for the very fact to keep things affordable and in the black. Alot of FnB outlets cannot survive if they hire an all sinkee crew. The quota set by MOM is crap. Alot of employer falsify their application for FTs. IT is because of the FTs that long hours and not survivable wages are a norm at these places. Its a vicious cycle. There are alot of retirees and students sinkees willing to do these jobs, but the bar of working long hours for as little pay is set by FTs, so no sinkee can endure working in these places for very long.

That said, I have a few offers for overseas posting and I'm gonna take up one offer to work in OZ in a restaurant. At 38 hrs full time a week, 4 weeks annual leave and a huge paycheck it certainly is an upgrade for me. I cannot be bothered with peesai anymore. Sinkees who voted for MIW get what they deserve. Some people here may argue that sinkees dont wanna take up these kind of jobs, but I beg to differ. In the 80s and early 90s, these type of jobs were manned by sinkees. The MIW thmselves made these jobs undesirable to work in by allowing FTS into the job market.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main reason is the high rental. MIWs knows about it. So to appease business owners, MIWs let them take up more FTs as their staff and made the excuse that no sinkee wanna work at these places. ITs a win win situation for MIWs. Able to maintain their high rental income and getting income from levies. Plus also able to shut business owners up. The only people that MIWs don't really care about is the average sinkee voice.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main reason is the high rental. MIWs knows about it. So to appease business owners, MIWs let them take up more FTs as their staff and made the excuse that no sinkee wanna work at these places. ITs a win win situation for MIWs. Able to maintain their high rental income and getting income from levies. Plus also able to shut business owners up. The only people that MIWs don't really care about is the average sinkee voice.

And who is the biggest landlord in Singapore? Who owns the most commercial property developers?

You all are not stupid, you should know very well.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes you are right, the PAP is the cause of all these problems as its in their interest to keep property prices high,,,,

So the only way they can resolve this is too push down labour cost and make the locals suffer, but also time and time again, the locals keep voting for PAP,,,so what can be done?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I work in the service industry and yes there are alot of FTs in it for the very fact to keep things affordable and in the black. Alot of FnB outlets cannot survive if they hire an all sinkee crew. The quota set by MOM is crap. Alot of employer falsify their application for FTs. IT is because of the FTs that long hours and not survivable wages are a norm at these places. Its a vicious cycle. There are alot of retirees and students sinkees willing to do these jobs, but the bar of working long hours for as little pay is set by FTs, so no sinkee can endure working in these places for very long.

That said, I have a few offers for overseas posting and I'm gonna take up one offer to work in OZ in a restaurant. At 38 hrs full time a week, 4 weeks annual leave and a huge paycheck it certainly is an upgrade for me. I cannot be bothered with peesai anymore. Sinkees who voted for MIW get what they deserve. Some people here may argue that sinkees dont wanna take up these kind of jobs, but I beg to differ. In the 80s and early 90s, these type of jobs were manned by sinkees. The MIW thmselves made these jobs undesirable to work in by allowing FTS into the job market.

Just to add, my fren runs a small business and he hires locals. His is Food business and weekends and public holidays is really busy so he puts on more staff. However, he has alot of problems with the locals. they dont turn up, or turn up dont work etc etc...+ rent, utilities, food prices etc keeps going up, he is really thinking of winding up the business...

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to any pubs, restaurant, teleco..etc.. all happening in service industries, nothing uncommon.

Very correct bro;

Send a question to the Tiger Airways website.

It will three days for your query to be answered and by NONE other then a Pinoy or Pinay.

Happened to me!!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your friend faces the same problems his local employees faces. There is no solid prospect working in the FnB scene in peesai. Almost all FnB outlets don't provide basic employment benefits like some other sectors. No medical, dental, basic leaves ( now most FnB gives the most 7 days annual leave only) , no increment, no promotion, etc etc.... If the bar was set high long ago on the benefits in working in the FnB industry, alot of business owners today won't be business owners. But the good thing is, people who actually got the money to pay for the right staff and benefits will.

Why you think places like OZ can pay a chef 100k a year? Because the owners are prepared to fork out that amount. In a way it weeds out the cheapskate wannabe restaurant owner.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The workers at Marina Sands are paid far less than their counterparts in Las Vegas because the MIWs prostituted sinkees as cheap. Now no one wants to work there and pinoys are called in. The sinkees that actually remains working there are in fact subsidizing their counterparts pay and benefits in Las Vegas.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
just my 2 cents, these low level jobs, Singaporeans wont do as pay is low and working hours are long. There is no wrong in using foreign workers to supplement domestic labour.The problem comes in when F Trash takes away PMET jobs. that is the big issue.

All workers and Sinkies are entitled to some basic standards in working conditions. Once you start classifying workers into low-value and high-value jobs, you will soon find that your own "high-value" job may become a low-value one as well.

Sinkies like you still can't get it into their heads that everyone must have equal rights in a democracy, otherwise, it is just a bullshit democracy like Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Lowly workers have the same right to demand that they not be replaced by cheaper foreigners too. :oIo:

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
it has been some time already, i really don't undertsand does MOM know about it or they just act stupid & dumb, since they need to pay more for WP, does that mean the close 1 eye for the $$$