• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Valentine's Day is haram

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Valentine's Day is not an event for me or even my loved ones, but that is my choice, however when it is a religious law/practice, it sucks to belong to that faith.

Cheers!

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...an-students-not-celebrate-valentines-day.html

Islamic authorities remind M'sian students not to
celebrate Valentine's Day

The Straits Times/ANN, Kuala Lumpur | World | Fri, February 14 2014, 11:05 AM

Ahead of Valentine's Day, the Selangor Islamic authorities are on a drive to remind Muslim youth about a religious edict, or fatwa, forbidding them from celebrating the occasion.
State mufti chief assistant Mat Jais Kamos said the authorities did not want Muslim youth to get caught up in Valentine's Day.
"The celebration emphasises the relationship between two individuals rather than the love between family members or married couples," the New Straits Times quoted him as saying as department officials distributed leaflets outside a Shah Alam secondary school to remind Muslims of the 2006 ruling issued by the state fatwa council.
Some students were caught by surprise by the pink-coloured leaflets titled "Hukum Valentine's Day" (Valentine's Day guidelines), Malaysia Insider reported.
The leaflets caused much amusement among the students, who giggled after receiving them.
Most said they were aware of the ban against taking part in Valentine's Day-related celebrations and the reasons behind it.
Mohd Ibrahim Faiq Hussein, 17, who was surprised by the officials' presence, said he never celebrated Valentine's Day.
"I think most of us have been taught in class about why celebrating Valentine's Day is considered haram.
"Seeing them (the officials) talking to students about it was unexpected."
Nadia Amyra Azirudyn, 16, said she did not see the relevance of the campaign as most of her Muslim friends did not celebrate Valentine's Day.
"I suppose this campaign is helpful to those who want to know why we should not take part."
Suhaidi Subeli, 16, said the campaign could be more effective if religious ceramah or special classes were held on the subject.
He added that Valentine's Day was usually celebrated among non-Muslim students at the school.
The leaflets will be distributed to students at Universiti Teknologi Mara here as well, according to Malaysia Insider.
This is not the first time the Islamic authorities in Malaysia had embarked on a campaign against Muslims celebrating Valentine's Day.
Last year, the Malaysian Islamic Development Department (Jakim), with about 250 volunteers from various non-governmental organisations, launched a "Mind the Valentine's Day Trap" campaign in Kuala Lumpur.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These Abrahamic religions rob you of the ability to think for yourself lah.

I got a Christian relative who refuses to celebrate Chinese New Year or give ang pow because he says that giving ang pow is a pagan custom. Halloween also cannot celebrate, also pagan.

When all authority is invested in the book (Q'uran, Bible, Talmud) and clergy (rabbi, imam, priests), the followers become brain-dead.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take bribes by the m&d traffic polis on the NS highway not haram, ah? Try telling the msian m&ds that!!!
Only stoopid people would have their lives stifled by the chains of religions.
Cant do this cant do that but if u blow yourself up to smithereens in the name of allah, its permissible. Plus u get 40 virgins for your stay in heaven!!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I am certain that romantic love as we interpret today isn't exactly the same as when St. Valentines Feast was first celebrated, its (Valentine's Day) roots were Christian. Your relative should honour the day at least, and you should remind him that Christmas on 25 December started out as a pagan celebration.

They should read the bible as a story book and not as the book of truths, but it is their choice.

Cheers!

These Abrahamic religions rob you of the ability to think for yourself lah.

I got a Christian relative who refuses to celebrate Chinese New Year or give ang pow because he says that giving ang pow is a pagan custom. Halloween also cannot celebrate, also pagan.

When all authority is invested in the book (Q'uran, Bible, Talmud) and clergy (rabbi, imam, priests), the followers become brain-dead.

razzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take bribes by the m&d traffic polis on the NS highway not haram, ah? Try telling the msian m&ds that!!!
Only stoopid people would have their lives stifled by the chains of religions.
Cant do this cant do that but if u blow yourself up to smithereens in the name of allah, its permissible. Plus u get 40 virgins for your stay in heaven!!!

Bro, there is a big misconception about this '40 virgin' stuff.
There is no indication that you will get 40 virgin girls.
If you are unlucky, you will get 40 virgin dogs or cats or even
elephants.

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mulims are one hell of hypocrite.

Alcohol also harem, adultery also harem, incest also harem blah blah. That didn't stop muslims from doing it right.

They are very good in twisting and turning the belief to suit what they want to do at that moment. Much like cyclists who invent their own highway code to suit their purpose.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I am certain that romantic love as we interpret today isn't exactly the same as when St. Valentines Feast was first celebrated, its (Valentine's Day) roots were Christian. Your relative should honour the day at least, and you should remind him that Christmas on 25 December started out as a pagan celebration.

He doesn't celebrate Christmas either, because he says that a) Christmas is pagan b) nowhere in the Bible does it state that Jesus was born on 25 December.

Christian fundies take every word in the Bible literally, in case yo didn't know. Ditto for fundamentalist Muslims and Jews.

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal
He doesn't celebrate Christmas either, because he says that a) Christmas is pagan b) nowhere in the Bible does it state that Jesus was born on 25 December.

Christian fundies take every word in the Bible literally, in case yo didn't know. Ditto for fundamentalist Muslims and Jews.

What is valentines day compared to not allowing your own family members to pay respects at your Taoist funeral !??

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mulims are one hell of hypocrite.

Alcohol also harem, adultery also harem, incest also harem blah blah. That didn't stop muslims from doing it right.

They are very good in twisting and turning the belief to suit what they want to do at that moment. Much like cyclists who invent their own highway code to suit their purpose.
So you judge the whole community based on the actions of this that u see.
So in your religion alcohol is permissible adultery and incest is also permissible?

All lies half truths and untruths must not go unchallenged.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is valentines day compared to not allowing your own family members to pay respects at your Taoist funeral !??

Precisely. I just mentioned in another thread that a Christian friend of mine did not attend his Taoist father's funeral.

I have nothing against religion ... there have always been great men of religion (Gandhi, Mandela, Sun Yat-sen, Asoka), but somehow the masses seem to be brainwashed by organized religion and their priestly caste. Sigh.

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you judge the whole community based on the actions of this that u see.
So in your religion alcohol is permissible adultery and incest is also permissible?

All lies half truths and untruths must not go unchallenged.

I don't believe in any religion.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jesus Christ was not born on December 25...those who know the Bible & are Christian, will tell you that. Halloween is not a celebrated by Christians...Lunar New Year observance is not a must, but for tradition, many do...